HISTA Exterior Signage Removed!!!

PalisadesPkteer

Agree with Martin. If you want to discuss / debate MJ thats fine but use the chat rooms here or elsewhere. Have no problem with people voicing their opinions but feel there are other areas on this site and others to voice opinion on MJ. This thread is not best place IMHO.

Martin, what will it take to move any plan or plans forward.

Do you feel Kodak is the problem? Should Disney go for a new sponsor like Fuji Film or Apple corp? Is it because Disney is going to spend so much money on the Fantasyland expansion that they are reluctant to do very much else?

From what I can find out it seems that Kodak is in fairly OK shape. Maybe just not willing to upgrade pavilion? If so, is it time for new sponsor?

Have asked this question before but here we go again...

Will EPCOT get short end of stick again? Are all we gonna get is buttons, park map, small ceremony and maybe a few restaurant items for the 30th like we did for the 25th?

(Even in this it seems it took the HUGE pressure from what the fans were doing to get Disney to do anything. Still many thanks to Jim McPhee, feel he helped a great deal in this )

Is there any serious consideration to NOT have HISTA return and do the major refurb for JII that desperately needs to be done? Restaurant upstairs with some of area for Imageworks would be nice. Is there enough area there to expand pavilion in future for other attraction if the above refurb etc is done?

PLEASE tell me that EPCOT will not be forgotten again!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Does Kodak own any of the licensing or other rights to the characters past or present used in the attractions? Would hate to see them leave and take Figment and Dreamfinder rights with them.

PalisadesPkteer

Must be pulling our legs with July 1. Think they resigned in 1997.

From what Martin has said, feel we are in for a LONG wait for anything to be done in EPCOT

_Scar

I think the current UoE accurately depicts the current state of energy production in the world. Oil is currently still the big dog on the block and will be reguardless of what the green gurus state. Wind and solar are too unreliable. No one wants nuclear in their backyard. Hydro is limited to the number of rivers/lakes and whims of the EPA.

Is the oil spill tragic. Absolutely. However we (elected officials we put in charge) forced the oil companies off shore where it is more difficult to react. Had this type of spill happened on land you would not see the vast destruction that this gulf spill is causing.

This argument is :brick:

The past doesn't matter now, even though the people who deregulated oil companies are idiots. This spill should make people realize we need to explore new energy options.

We're only dependent on oil because we don't ever give any other options a chance.

So.... ya.... EO...

disneysroyal411

Hey you guys! Disney put a new attraction into the Land to teach us what happens with our land and why we should protect it!
'Soarin into the Oil Spill-Starring Al Gore'

raven

Do you feel Kodak is the problem? Should Disney go for a new sponsor like Fuji Film or Apple corp?

If Kodak should pull sponsorship it's highly unlikely that another film company will sponsor the pavilion.

If a new company should want to sponsor the attraction it may end up like Mission:Space (tearing down the old attraction and building an entirely new one). With the current condition of the Imag building it might be easier and less costly.

juan

So I was out at DL last weekend and got to see Captain EO. I do have to say that while it looks dated, it sounds great, looks great, and IMO better that HISTA. They have even incorporated the moving floor into some of the scenes.

Around the park, I noticed a ton of young people wearing the Captain EO shirts, so it is quite popular.

Looking forward to it coming to Epcot!

PalisadesPkteer

Hello Raven, How are you doing on 3rd shift at EPCOT?

Is the Imagination building in that bad of shape? Would it be better for Kodak to stay and just refurb the JII ride and fix building somewhat. Or is it so bad that it would be better to have new sponsor come in and build from scratch?

EpcotServo

I see that while my computer is broken, at least Magic's Captain Eo threads have stayed friendly, topical, and reasonable.

:lookaroun

:lol:

ttalovebug

For gods sake, drop the MJ/EO/allegations story. It`s old news. It`s history. EO is back. Avoid the attraction if you don`t like it. But must every EO thread degenerate into the same argument?

*rant over*

JII... I`m getting bored now of the pavilions future. It has the potential to be a massive draw, a jewel for not just the pavilion and Futureworld West but for the whole park. I`ve been following the progress for 4 years now. The plans. The proposals. The phases. And still TDO won`t commit. It could close next week for a complete makeover into an E Ride to rival anything in WDW. The painful progress with this pavilion makes the M:I Coaster seem fast tracked.

This is painful to read. This is the area that needs the most work and attention out of the entire resort- why is that not clear to TDO?

And what the hell does the oil spill have to do with an ancient 3D film being shown at a theme park? :brick:

twilight mitsuk

For gods sake, drop the MJ/EO/allegations story. It`s old news. It`s history. EO is back. Avoid the attraction if you don`t like it. But must every EO thread degenerate into the same argument?

*rant over*

JII... I`m getting bored now of the pavilions future. It has the potential to be a massive draw, a jewel for not just the pavilion and Futureworld West but for the whole park. I`ve been following the progress for 4 years now. The plans. The proposals. The phases. And still TDO won`t commit. It could close next week for a complete makeover into an E Ride to rival anything in WDW. The painful progress with this pavilion makes the M:I Coaster seem fast tracked.

kodak is delaying it all

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
This is painful to read. This is the area that needs the most work and attention out of the entire resort- why is that not clear to TDO?

And what the hell does the oil spill have to do with an ancient 3D film being shown at a theme park? :brick:

The Imagination pavilion should/could be a culmination of everything the name Walt Disney was and is. When I think of Walt Disney the man The word imagination is what I think of. He had one which sparked the whole thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom