HISTA Exterior Signage Removed!!!

tirian

Holy Rust, Batman! A disgrace... that said, I am very much encouraged by the subtle changes back to Old Epcot Center. I truly believe there is hope for a good amount of this entire pavilion to return to it's former self. It feels like that has been happening all over the park. Although, I do not believe Horizons, WOM, WOL will ever return to their old shows, I think we could see a redo of things like Kitchen Cab, The return of the SSE Ending, perhaps a parade in the park, etc. Maybe the old symbols will return in some fashion.

The building looks so much better without that tacky carnival display on top! The angles of the Captain EO triangle will look great up there.

I also hope the symbols come back. A park marked by icons is much more futuristic than logos made with fonts that came standard on my Mac.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The building looks so much better without that tacky carnival display on top! The angles of the Captain EO triangle will look great up there.
Amen bro. They just need to get ride of the JIIWF banner sign around the corner. Intentional or not it looks so cheap so un-Epcot (not to mention EPCOT).

MickeyPeace

I am very happy they are bringing it back. Oh..those folks that rely on rumors, and don't read updated news, or only watch Fox News ....Michael Jackson was found 100% innocent on all charges, the settlements were to make them go away as to not take 4-6 years for trials. Both the Judge and Jackson knew it was a witch hunt. Now the lead investigator and officer in charge are under investigation for repeatedly going after Jackson with no proof, and abuse of power. It was also found out that the mothers of 1-2 accusers have been found to have lied for $.
Jackson was murdered, not suicide, or OD..have some respect please.
His is a tragic case of lost youth,mental abuse, physical abuse, and pain inside none of us could know about. His building Neverland was a way to have his youth back and enjoy what Walt brings to all of us...right in his own back yard.

This is a fair tribute and I can't wait to see MJ, Anjelica, and Hooter! :)

Please folks....Walt has been accused (and much of it proven) of many many very bad things emotionally, politically, physically etc. Yet we warship him? Well we are all only human, and should mind our own lives, raise our children with love and tolerance, not speak ill of others, seize days, share greatness and creativity....but most of all......never forget why Walt did what he did and look deeply inside yourselves. :kiss:

Puppetguy, OJ Simpson was also found innocent of all charges. We all know he wasn't.
I don't mind EO returning even though I could care less about the attraction. I think the entire Future World part of Epcot needs an overhaul. I pretty much avoid it. It looks like a few malls, Land and Sea, and not much "future". How about investing in Epcot?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I hope not. That's what got MJ in trouble in the first place.

facepalm_anim_test-03.gif

Captain Chaos

Puppetguy, OJ Simpson was also found innocent of all charges. We all know he wasn't.
I don't mind EO returning even though I could care less about the attraction. I think the entire Future World part of Epcot needs an overhaul. I pretty much avoid it. It looks like a few malls, Land and Sea, and not much "future". How about investing in Epcot?

He was not found innocent... He was found NOT GUILTY.. there is a difference... :brick:

HMF

Amen bro. They just need to get ride of the JIIWF banner sign around the corner. Intentional or not it looks so cheap so un-Epcot (not to mention EPCOT).
The EPCOT clutter removal checklist
*Wand-check
*Innoventions Towers-check
*Fountainview Canopies-check
*Innoventions arches-check
*Innoventions planters
*Whirlygigs
*signage replacement
*Millenium canopy
*Test Track canopy
*HISTA marquee-check
*Journey into Imagination with Figment banners

I would hope that with this new show that Disney would replace the doors and the entrance to Captain EO. They need to have "Touchless" :animwink:doors that open automatically, along with Touchless faucets, toilets, and soap dispensers in the rest rooms.

Good thing Dr. Channing tells Figment not to take people to the taste and TOUCH labs!

With Epcot being all about the future, there should be TouchLESS technology all through the park!

Horizons1

People who want EPCOT Center back are referring to its spirit and commitment to cutting-edge tech, not the exact same rides. I don't think anyone wants carbon-copy replicas of Horizons or Imagination, with their old AAs and SD screens.

You're also ignoring the MJ/Captain EO component. We're not talking about bringing back the Kitchen Kabaret with its innocent AAs and timeless musical parodies. The Magic Eye theater will re-host one of the most controversial celebrities of our time in one of the cheesiest attractions from the 80s.

And I can't believe your language is allowed in the forums, but we can't say D*ck Tracy.

I dunno. From the sound of it some people do.

So what? If people feel so strongly about MJ, don't get in line to see it. Plain and simple. And HISTA is just as cheesy as Captain EO, if not more. So I also fail to see that.

And as for my language, well, there's worse out there in the world to worry about. For example, MJ coming back to the parks! He's a child raper, ya know!

_Scar

Elton has been selling out a lot recently like singing with Lady GaGa

What's selling out about that?

Isn't Gaga the female version of Elton John? :lol::lookaroun

And why doesn't the Imagination get cool WDI trash cans? :shrug:

drossjr

I would hope that with this new show that Disney would replace the doors and the entrance to Captain EO. They need to have "Touchless" :animwink:doors that open automatically, along with Touchless faucets, toilets, and soap dispensers in the rest rooms.

Good thing Dr. Channing tells Figment not to take people to the taste and TOUCH labs!

With Epcot being all about the future, there should be TouchLESS technology all through the park!

Funny how you mentioned touch-less in this thread! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well what a better place to showcase Touch LESS technology than Captain EO. Meanwhile, that entrance looks like (something I don't want to say on a family board but is what is found in a wastewater treatment plant). It should be covered with scrims until the entire entrance area is replaced.

Is Captain EO doing well at Disneyland? I would think parents would not want their kids going there knowing about Michael Jackson.

disneysroyal411

No' Elton John has talent.

They both have very much talent. Saw Elton John in concert this year!!! It was so much fun and the music was so good live. His piano playing was amazing and I wish I could go to another.

Also, Lady Gaga is very talented, just listen to her Acoustic versions of her songs. Also, she's taken classic piano since she was 3. People judge her quickly because of her original songs and how she dresses. May I recall how Elton used to dress? She does it for attention anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom