HISTA Exterior Signage Removed!!!

the-reason14

You know all these jokes about mj in a thread that's supposed to be about a show returning is really uncalled for. Let the man rest in peace. You don't have to be for eo's return, or be his biggest fan, but to crack jokes about what you believe he did after his death is pathetic. And don't be mad if it pulls in people to an area that hasn't seen crowds in years.

LucyintheSky

Uhm, can you people get over it. The show's coming back whether you like it or not. As far as what MJ did or didn't do thats always up for debate, but it's known that he was a great performer. And as far as them bringing back HISTA if the main guy died, I doubt it. He hasn't impacted hollywood, in a positive or negative way, to warrant a return. More foot traffic in that area can't be a bad thing. Although I'm sure someone will try and convince why it is. :rolleyes:

Either way this is good news, can't wait to see it and thanks for the update op.

Agreed!

Captain Chaos

About as long as the Millennium Village, EPCOT Wand, and Sorcerer Hat were to stay in their respective places. :lol:

Back on planet Earth, I believe he is staying around for a year, and the Imagination refurb will follow sometime thereafter. Insiders here are stating there are many different ways that the EO/HISTA/refurb combination will take place, so time will tell.

In other words, WAY TOO LONG...

Captain Chaos

You know all these jokes about mj in a thread that's supposed to be about a show returning is really uncalled for. Let the man rest in peace. You don't have to be for eo's return, or be his biggest fan, but to crack jokes about what you believe he did after his death is pathetic. And don't be mad if it pulls in people to an area that hasn't seen crowds in years.

Disney bringing back Captain Eo for nothing but monetary gain.... But cracking jokes is pathetic..

PalisadesPkteer

I will go to see it once. Since i didn't get to see it first time around(first trip May 2000). Just like I would any attraction before passing judgement.

Not sure I will see it more than once will have to wait and see.

But anything to bring traffic in the area would be helpful. HISTA needs to go away and never return. (Too bad it will return though Rats! lol)

the-reason14

Disney bringing back Captain Eo for nothing but monetary gain.... But cracking jokes is pathetic..

Ya because you're talking about his character- when he's dead. You believe what you want about Mj as a person, or believe what the media spoonfed to you about him. All of this, "Oh he was this, oh he was that," can be debated until you're blue in the face. But what isn't debatable is that the man was talented. Weirdo or not, he was one of the greatest musicians/performers to ever live.

Disney bringing back the show, ya for money, last time I checked the last few rides/shows they built were for money because it's a business. EO may not be a good film(haven't seen it yet)but it showcases MJ as what he truthfully was, an amazing performer/musician.

T-1MILLION

I will go to see it once. Since i didn't get to see it first time around(first trip May 2000). Just like I would any attraction before passing judgement.

Not sure I will see it more than once will have to wait and see.

But anything to bring traffic in the area would be helpful. HISTA needs to go away and never return. (Too bad it will return though Rats! lol)

It will not be returning. EO will likely be in place for at least two years according to interviews about Paris' and California's versions and it will likely be the same for FL. They will not spend the two months plus to bring a show back that is not going to have any money in it for them.

The only reason this 'tribute' is returning is for that reason.

The crowds will be rushing in with long lines... for about three weeks.

disneysroyal411

Hmmmm, maybe "Honey, I Molested the Audience"

Hahaha, I stared at this for a minute and then just started laughing! It is so wrongly funny. O this sight is like a big family to me, everyone is mostly kind and then there's always one mean aunt or uncle but they always become better. I doubt I'll end up seeing this but I'm also HISTA is gone, I never saw it had a place in Epcot or anywhere, it just doesn't fit Disney to me. I don't think the whole imagination pavilion fits Epcot at all anymore either. I think the imagination theme fits, just not what we have now.

Biff215

It will not be returning. EO will likely be in place for at least two years according to interviews about Paris' and California's versions and it will likely be the same for FL. They will not spend the two months plus to bring a show back that is not going to have any money in it for them.

Can you confirm that HISTA is not coming back? Because as far as I know, Disney has stated the exact opposite.

Personally, I'd rather not see it in Epcot ever again. If people think EO is a step in the wrong direction, bringing back HISTA would be even bigger IMHO.

disneysroyal411

can you confirm that hista is not coming back? Because as far as i know, disney has stated the exact opposite.

Personally, i'd rather not see it in epcot ever again. If people think eo is a step in the wrong direction, bringing back hista would be even bigger imho.

sooooo true!!!

the-reason14

Can I borrow the crystal ball you're looking in to see if I win the lottery next year?

Why would crowds, if any, rush in for 3 weeks and then stop? I think and hope it has the potential to bring in people for months and will hopefully give them a chance and reason to revamp imagination. Either way I'm sure the area it's in couldn't possibly get any worse. :cool:

_Scar

Can I borrow the crystal ball you're looking in to see if I win the lottery next year?

Why would crowds, if any, rush in for 3 weeks and then stop? I think and hope it has the potential to bring in people for months and will hopefully give them a chance and reason to revamp imagination. Either way I'm sure the area it's in couldn't possibly get any worse. :cool:

If EO does well then i just confirms to TDO that fans don't need new things to catch their attention and to keep the tourists coming back.

Fans should boycott Imagination all together and maybe then they'll realize that the place is a mess. :shrug:

Captain Chaos

Ya because you're talking about his character- when he's dead. You believe what you want about Mj as a person, or believe what the media spoonfed to you about him. All of this, "Oh he was this, oh he was that," can be debated until you're blue in the face. But what isn't debatable is that the man was talented. Weirdo or not, he was one of the greatest musicians/performers to ever live.

Disney bringing back the show, ya for money, last time I checked the last few rides/shows they built were for money because it's a business. EO may not be a good film(haven't seen it yet)but it showcases MJ as what he truthfully was, an amazing performer/musician.

Not disagreeing with you.. he was one heck of a performer... I just watched This Is It.... In fact, I saw parts of Disney in the Thriller segment of his concert... he had a haunted mansion with singing ghosts, someone hanging from the ceiling, and someone who looked similar to Master Gracey... also had a gravekeeper holding a lantern... Definitely Disney influenced...That concert was going to be massive... The man was not only talented, but creative.. WDI could have used him...

But we cannot deny Disney is only doing this to cash in on his death... Exploitaion at its worst... Do you honestly think they would have brought Eo back is MJ didn't die??

the-reason14

Not disagreeing with you.. he was one heck of a performer... I just watched This Is It.... In fact, I saw parts of Disney in the Thriller segment of his concert... he had a haunted mansion with singing ghosts, someone hanging from the ceiling, and someone who looked similar to Master Gracey... also had a gravekeeper holding a lantern... Definitely Disney influenced...That concert was going to be massive... The man was not only talented, but creative.. WDI could have used him...

But we cannot deny Disney is only doing this to cash in on his death... Exploitaion at its worst... Do you honestly think they would have brought Eo back is MJ didn't die??

I agree they're doing it to make money, but thats their intentions whenever they make a new show or ride etc. I see why it can viewed as them exploiting his death, but I see it more of as a tribute than anything else. And wouldn't they have reopened EO last year if they really really wanted to exploit him and "wanted/needed" the money? If he were still alive, I know it wouldn't be brought back. Hista would still be there practically collecting dusts as well as imagination. But maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

the-reason14

If EO does well then i just confirms to TDO that fans don't need new things to catch their attention and to keep the tourists coming back.

Fans should boycott Imagination all together and maybe then they'll realize that the place is a mess. :shrug:

I agree with this. Fans should also boycott WDW as a whole when they claim how stale it's become over the years.

And it's obvious that the hardcore WDW fans are the ones who are against EO's return the most. Some don't want it because it's dated, and some don't want it because of their own personal bias. The ones that would potentionally line up to see it are, for the most part, regular tourist.

And EO is just one thing being brought back for a "temporary" engagement. I can't think of any other attractions brought back for X reason. But I think the biggest reason is because it's a film and can be easily replaced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom