HISTA Exterior Signage Removed!!!

_Scar

Well, I still like WDW as a whole, but I think EO is totally WRONG for 2 ironic reasons.

1.) Disney's need to be a squeaky clean company... so it associates with Michael Jackson

2.) Epcot stands for the future and pursuing the NEW.

So ironic. Like Elton John performing at Rush Limbaugh's wedding. So, so ironic.

dxwwf3

WDI turns the attraction over to Ops on June 25th.

Do you think there is any chance they will do some kind of public soft openings? I'm leaving two days before it's supposed to open and obviously I'd love to see it again, but I'm not really getting my hopes up. Maybe they will have the merchandise in the shops and I can get a shirt or two.

the-reason14

Well, I still like WDW as a whole, but I think EO is totally WRONG for 2 ironic reasons.

1.) Disney's need to be a squeaky clean company... so it associates with Michael Jackson

2.) Epcot stands for the future and pursuing the NEW.

So ironic. Like Elton John performing at Rush Limbaugh's wedding. So, so ironic.

And yet Nemo is there and has nothing to do with the future. Test track same thing, as well as imagination. I see your point with number 1 though, but I don't think it's as big a deal now because he's no longer here. Also the show showcases him as what he was, a performer, rather than remind people of what he did or didn't do.

And some people may not specifically say WDW as a whole is stale, while some do. But you wouldn't be able to tell when that's all they seem to post about is whats wrong with something rather than what's right.

T-1MILLION

Can you confirm that HISTA is not coming back? Because as far as I know, Disney has stated the exact opposite.

Personally, I'd rather not see it in Epcot ever again. If people think EO is a step in the wrong direction, bringing back HISTA would be even bigger IMHO.

Show me where Disney officially said it. And Disney has also said lots of things. Just using educated guessing as there is no gain from bringing back something (the effort would be there even more so putting an effects based show back into that theater) for no profit.

It will likely be something else or sit empty for a while or a mix of both.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
I for one am looking forward to the return of EO. I liked the show as a kid and it's at least something different in that location than HISTA... Hopefully a new 3-D show is already in the works to replace EO when it's run is over...

Puppetguy

Eo=win

I am very happy they are bringing it back. Oh..those folks that rely on rumors, and don't read updated news, or only watch Fox News ....Michael Jackson was found 100% innocent on all charges, the settlements were to make them go away as to not take 4-6 years for trials. Both the Judge and Jackson knew it was a witch hunt. Now the lead investigator and officer in charge are under investigation for repeatedly going after Jackson with no proof, and abuse of power. It was also found out that the mothers of 1-2 accusers have been found to have lied for $.
Jackson was murdered, not suicide, or OD..have some respect please.
His is a tragic case of lost youth,mental abuse, physical abuse, and pain inside none of us could know about. His building Neverland was a way to have his youth back and enjoy what Walt brings to all of us...right in his own back yard.

This is a fair tribute and I can't wait to see MJ, Anjelica, and Hooter! :)

Please folks....Walt has been accused (and much of it proven) of many many very bad things emotionally, politically, physically etc. Yet we warship him? Well we are all only human, and should mind our own lives, raise our children with love and tolerance, not speak ill of others, seize days, share greatness and creativity....but most of all......never forget why Walt did what he did and look deeply inside yourselves. :kiss:

MadMax11

I may have missed it earlier in this thread....is HISTA still playing as of now? I'll be there in a week, exactly....will they still be showing it then?

Biff215

Show me where Disney officially said it. And Disney has also said lots of things. Just using educated guessing as there is no gain from bringing back something (the effort would be there even more so putting an effects based show back into that theater) for no profit.

It will likely be something else or sit empty for a while or a mix of both.

Not sure how official it is, but I know the Disney Parks blog writer had stated HISTA will return in a response to a comment.

Captain Chaos

Michael Jackson was found 100% innocent on all charges, the settlements were to make them go away as to not take 4-6 years for trials.

Need to answer this one statement... Being found NOT GUILTY and being INNOCENT are two different things...A lot of people who commit crimes are found NOT GUILTY... Doesn't mean they are INNOCENT.. Remember OJ???

Regardless, for people who want to see PROGRESS in a park dedicated to PROGRESS and THE FUTURE, you are getting excited over a campy, cheesy 80's film... Yes, that's what we call PROGRESS.. Only in the Disney Fanboy Universe... :rolleyes:

dave&di

I am very happy they are bringing it back. Oh..those folks that rely on rumors, and don't read updated news, or only watch Fox News ....Michael Jackson was found 100% innocent on all charges, the settlements were to make them go away as to not take 4-6 years for trials. Both the Judge and Jackson knew it was a witch hunt. Now the lead investigator and officer in charge are under investigation for repeatedly going after Jackson with no proof, and abuse of power. It was also found out that the mothers of 1-2 accusers have been found to have lied for $.
Jackson was murdered, not suicide, or OD..have some respect please.
His is a tragic case of lost youth,mental abuse, physical abuse, and pain inside none of us could know about. His building Neverland was a way to have his youth back and enjoy what Walt brings to all of us...right in his own back yard.

This is a fair tribute and I can't wait to see MJ, Anjelica, and Hooter! :)

Please folks....Walt has been accused (and much of it proven) of many many very bad things emotionally, politically, physically etc. Yet we warship him? Well we are all only human, and should mind our own lives, raise our children with love and tolerance, not speak ill of others, seize days, share greatness and creativity....but most of all......never forget why Walt did what he did and look deeply inside yourselves. :kiss:

Totally agree with the last statement. stop judging. If you don't like EO don't see it, simple. I hated HISTA, I found that dated! I didn't see EO the first time so am looking forward to it.

Captain Chaos

Totally agree with the last statement. stop judging. If you don't like EO don't see it, simple. I hated HISTA, I found that dated! I didn't see EO the first time so am looking forward to it.

If you thought HISTA was dated, wait til you see Eo... Going to seem even more dated...

I am hoping that HISTA doesn't come back either... Even though I still found it semi-enjoyable... I hope something new, improved, and totally butt-kicking comes to a pavilion that sorely needs it...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For gods sake, drop the MJ/EO/allegations story. It`s old news. It`s history. EO is back. Avoid the attraction if you don`t like it. But must every EO thread degenerate into the same argument?

*rant over*

If HISTA doesn't come back...how imminent is the pavilion refurb? Likewise, what if it does come back? Is there a chance Captain EO will overstay his welcome by a few years?
JII... I`m getting bored now of the pavilions future. It has the potential to be a massive draw, a jewel for not just the pavilion and Futureworld West but for the whole park. I`ve been following the progress for 4 years now. The plans. The proposals. The phases. And still TDO won`t commit. It could close next week for a complete makeover into an E Ride to rival anything in WDW. The painful progress with this pavilion makes the M:I Coaster seem fast tracked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom