HISTA Exterior Signage Removed!!!

hrcollectibles

Well, I still like WDW as a whole, but I think EO is totally WRONG for 2 ironic reasons.

1.) Disney's need to be a squeaky clean company... so it associates with Michael Jackson

2.) Epcot stands for the future and pursuing the NEW.

So ironic. Like Elton John performing at Rush Limbaugh's wedding. So, so ironic.

This is Very True... EPCOT is about the future.. Not about bringing back the past.....I know a lot of people are excited for the return of Eo.. I am not... But guess that means its one less attraction I experience... Not a big deal to me... I just hope this leads to something new and exciting coming along..

And I see nothing wrong with cracking jokes or making fun of any celebrity dead or alive..

disneysroyal411

The Imagination pavilion should/could be a culmination of everything the name Walt Disney was and is. When I think of Walt Disney the man The word imagination is what I think of. He had one which sparked the whole thing.

The imagination pavilion does not spark my Imagination at all. I don't know if it did before or what. But that is one of the very few things that does not spark it. Disappointing that the IMAGINATION pavilion CAN'T spark my IMAGINATION. :cry:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The imagination pavilion does not spark my Imagination at all. I don't know if it did before or what. But that is one of the very few things that does not spark it. Disappointing that the IMAGINATION pavilion CAN'T spark my IMAGINATION. :cry:

The original pavilion did so much more than what the current one does. The "birth" of Figment being narrated by the Dream Finder all the way to the image works was very inspiring and enjoyable. Now I was a sophomore in high school when I first experienced so that may have had something to do with it.

disneysroyal411

The original pavilion did so much more than what the current one does. The "birth" of Figment being narrated by the Dream Finder all the way to the image works was very inspiring and enjoyable. Now I was a sophomore in high school when I first experienced so that may have had something to do with it.

Perfect time for them to go through and do it. They could finish it when I will become a sophmore in HS.

raven

Hello Raven, How are you doing on 3rd shift at EPCOT?

Is the Imagination building in that bad of shape? Would it be better for Kodak to stay and just refurb the JII ride and fix building somewhat. Or is it so bad that it would be better to have new sponsor come in and build from scratch?

The building has seen better days. While upstairs hasn't been used in a while it hasn't been upkept in a while either. The original turntable is still under the floor and the track layout consists of dips making it more difficult to retrofit a new layout than it would be to demo it and start from scratch. Also add into the mix that the building was built before absbestos was banned. Having said all of this I just have a feeling that if they did a major overhaul on the ride again they would seriously consider either starting from scratch or build something completely different. Just my opinion though.

EpcotFanForever

This is Very True... EPCOT is about the future.. Not about bringing back the past.....I know a lot of people are excited for the return of Eo.. I am not... But guess that means its one less attraction I experience... Not a big deal to me... I just hope this leads to something new and exciting coming along..

And I see nothing wrong with cracking jokes or making fun of any celebrity dead or alive..

You know, I made two jokes here - neither of which were directed at Michael Jackson. I was trying to use irony to point out the fact that MJ is being brought back to EPCOT precisely because of the circus his life became. And though all the big companies deny it, they make big money on sensationalism and career and personal catastrophies.

I wonder when they start selling Lindsay Lohan ankle bracelets?

the-reason14

And yet some people would be singing another tune if Horizons was to be brought back.

If you personally see no problem with joking about celebs be they dead or alive, then can you atleast find an appropriate thread to joke about them, as this is not one.

_Scar

And yet some people would be singing another tune if Horizons was to be brought back.

If you personally see no problem with joking about celebs be they dead or alive, then can you atleast find an appropriate thread to joke about them, as this is not one.

If this thread is about EO, the tribute to the life of Michael Jackson, then why isn't it right to criticize the life the man led? :shrug:

the-reason14

If this thread is about EO, the tribute to the life of Michael Jackson, then why isn't it right to criticize the life the man led? :shrug:

Because captain eo is not an E true hollywood story about Michael Jackson. It's a 3d musical movie that shows him doing his job which was to sing and entertain.

This thread has gone wayyyyyy off topic anyway, so if some people are pathetic enough to crack jokes about him, then that's their choice. You can't have a decent thread about EO or pretty much anything without people veering off topic and complaining about something that they're internet complaints won't change. So joke, criticize, and complain away, but it won't keep the show from returning in July, or prove anything about MJ.
:cool:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The original turntable is still under the floor
And totally trashed in 1998. Even though a lot of the drive system is still intact I`m sure you`ll agree it`ll never move again - aside from out of the building in pieces.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
The building has seen better days. While upstairs hasn't been used in a while it hasn't been upkept in a while either. The original turntable is still under the floor and the track layout consists of dips making it more difficult to retrofit a new layout than it would be to demo it and start from scratch. Also add into the mix that the building was built before absbestos was banned. Having said all of this I just have a feeling that if they did a major overhaul on the ride again they would seriously consider either starting from scratch or build something completely different. Just my opinion though.

I wouldn't mind that honestly. Perhaps instead of putting in another version of the current ride system, they could just make it an omnimover, perhaps in a similar style to Horizons with buttons on the console for guests to manipulate the world around them. That would be pretty cool. If any ride needs to have an interactive aspect, it's Imagination. Hopefully plans will be put into action soon to have the thing renovated...

Anyway, no new updates on EO just yet. Hopefully we'll see some signage soon...

devoy1701

I have also heard and read that HISTA would be coming back at a later date...so I'm very suprised that they completely removed the sinage versus covering it up somehow for Captain EO.

po1998

This is painful to read. This is the area that needs the most work and attention out of the entire resort- why is that not clear to TDO?
Sorry. There is no money to refurb this pavilion or add an E-ticket attraction to DHS, AK or preferably both, because....

all the money is being used to build elaborate meet and greets at the park that already has the highest attendance numbers.:veryconfu

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Sorry. There is no money to refurb this pavilion or add an E-ticket attraction to DHS, AK or preferably both, because....

all the money is being used to build elaborate meet and greets at the park that already has the highest attendance numbers.:veryconfu

Last time I checked, it was more than M&Gs going in.....

montyz81

Here's how the entrance now looks like:

15gfe6h.jpg

zjdqg9.jpg
Holy Rust, Batman! A disgrace... that said, I am very much encouraged by the subtle changes back to Old Epcot Center. I truly believe there is hope for a good amount of this entire pavilion to return to it's former self. It feels like that has been happening all over the park. Although, I do not believe Horizons, WOM, WOL will ever return to their old shows, I think we could see a redo of things like Kitchen Cab, The return of the SSE Ending, perhaps a parade in the park, etc. Maybe the old symbols will return in some fashion.

Horizons1

I don't get it. There have been BILLIONS of threads over the years with people about the park not being like EPCOT Center and how much they miss that version of the park. Now a little bit of EPCOT Center is being brought back, and people are that it shouldn't? :veryconfu

po1998

Last time I checked, it was more than M&Gs going in.....
...elaborate meet and greets and the LM attraction. Is that better?

The point remains the same...building up the park with the greatest attendance while ignoring the ones that need the most attention.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
...elaborate meet and greets and the LM attraction. Is that better?

The point remains the same...building up the park with the greatest attendance while ignoring the ones that need the most attention.

Um, still a little more than the LM attraction and M&Gs.....

And if MK has the greatest attendance, it could also be argued that it had the greater need for more capacity.

Either which way, not a pertinent argument for this thread....

And besides, EP is getting EO. What more could it possibly need?

tirian

I don't get it. There have been BILLIONS of threads over the years with people about the park not being like EPCOT Center and how much they miss that version of the park. Now a little bit of EPCOT Center is being brought back, and people are that it shouldn't? :veryconfu

People who want EPCOT Center back are referring to its spirit and commitment to cutting-edge tech, not the exact same rides. I don't think anyone wants carbon-copy replicas of Horizons or Imagination, with their old AAs and SD screens.

You're also ignoring the MJ/Captain EO component. We're not talking about bringing back the Kitchen Kabaret with its innocent AAs and timeless musical parodies. The Magic Eye theater will re-host one of the most controversial celebrities of our time in one of the cheesiest attractions from the 80s.

And I can't believe your language is allowed in the forums, but we can't say D*ck Tracy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom