HISTA Exterior Signage Removed!!!

dave&di

If you thought HISTA was dated, wait til you see Eo... Going to seem even more dated...

I am hoping that HISTA doesn't come back either... Even though I still found it semi-enjoyable... I hope something new, improved, and totally butt-kicking comes to a pavilion that sorely needs it...

Yea I know EO is also dated, but I haven't seen it, I saw HISTA once and I will never get that time back! EO is a part of Disney history so I am keen to see it. It would be cool to put something new in its place.

_Scar

For gods sake, drop the MJ/EO/allegations story. It`s old news. It`s history. EO is back. Avoid the attraction if you don`t like it. But must every EO thread degenerate into the same argument?

*rant over*

This is a message boards where people can express their opinions. And cmon', it's Michael Jackson! His life was filled with allegations, and you expect for people to ignore them?

How can you just ignore it when it's supposed to be a tribute to a man's life?

A man with quite the shady past, Michael Jackson himself is old news. He died over a year ago and they're still milking EO for all its worth. If we wanted to aovid old news then we should avoid the tribute all together. :lol:

Epcot should use its time and money on maybe focusing on the massive oil spill...

_Scar

I really hope you're joking

No.

As a Floridian, this oil spill sucks sucks sucks so much.

I don't want to have a tribute to Michael Jackson. Why not do something that actually matters whether it be little or large? :lookaroun

_Scar

Wow. So what exactly would you want, a 3D film on oil spill conservation?

:lookaroun

lol, really? :lol: Nope. Not at all.

Disney Environment(al?) should try and do something to try and either get people to volunteer or even try and show off new energy sources.

They could focus their time and effort in Innoventions or the land or even the sea pavillion.

This spill drastically changes the life of millions- those humans and not humans.

Tigerace81

Unfortunately, the money wouldnt be much help. It cant help stop the spill. it wont be stopped til as you know, 2 more months (BP sucks). The money would to buying booms, but they are pretty useless. Waves knock the oil over the booms so they only hinder the oil for a short period of time. Then if you spent the money on sand barriers you would have to wait for at least 2 weeks to get EPA, Coast Guard and whatever other board needs to sign off on it and by then it would be too late to prevent damage. While it would do some good, in all reality it would only slow down the oil from coming ashore.

I hate the spill as much as you but I would rather see it invested in bringing something back into the Imagination pavilion, even if its 20+ years old.

WDW Vacationer

:lookaroun

lol, really? :lol: Nope. Not at all.

Disney Environment(al?) should try and do something to try and either get people to volunteer or even try and show off new energy sources.

They could focus their time and effort in Innoventions or the land or even the sea pavillion.

This spill drastically changes the life of millions- those humans and not humans.
That's what the Universe of Energy is for.

dxwwf3

Nobody is debating the impact of the oil spill, but I can't believe you're serious about thinking Epcot should have spent money on oil spill style attractions/exhibits instead of bringing back Captain EO. I mean my gosh.

_Scar

Unfortunately, the money wouldnt be much help. It cant help stop the spill. it wont be stopped til as you know, 2 more months (BP sucks). The money would to buying booms, but they are pretty useless. Waves knock the oil over the booms so they only hinder the oil for a short period of time. Then if you spent the money on sand barriers you would have to wait for at least 2 weeks to get EPA, Coast Guard and whatever other board needs to sign off on it and by then it would be too late to prevent damage. While it would do some good, in all reality it would only slow down the oil from coming ashore.

I hate the spill as much as you but I would rather see it invested in bringing something back into the Imagination pavilion, even if its 20+ years old.

What about exploring new sources of energy or getting the public to realize we don't have to depend on oil? That sounds like an exhibit I'd care about and it actually fits Epcot's purpose 100%.

That's what the Universe of Energy is for.

.... oh yea. :lol:

Nobody is debating the impact of the oil spill, but I can't believe you're serious about thinking Epcot should have spent money on oil spill style attractions/exhibits instead of bringing back Captain EO. I mean my gosh.

I don't care about Captain EO. I care about the oil spill way more than EO. :lol:

If Epcot is concerned about honoring something then it should honor the future like intended. But that's only my opinion.

Tigerace81

What about exploring new sources of energy or getting the public to realize we don't have to depend on oil? That sounds like an exhibit I'd care about and it actually fits Epcot's purpose 100%.

True. Oil is old technology. And Epcot is based on like you said, the future. I've always been a big proponent of Solar, and other renewable sources of energy. Which is what Universe of Energy should be about, not oil and natural gas (If I remember correctly)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I totally agree. :rolleyes:

What we need is to spend a few million dollars removing the dinos from UoE and replace them with an animatronic sun, mirror, and big fan. Now that would draw crowds like crazy.

_Scar

I totally agree. :rolleyes:

What we need is to spend a few million dollars removing the dinos from UoE and replace them with an animatronic sun, mirror, and big fan. Now that would draw crowds like crazy.

How are you an Epcot fan then? Epcot isn't about having the coolest dinosaur stuff. It's about entertainment, yep, but with a distinct mix of education. Some say: edutainment. :lol:

Epcot has, usually, taught the public in a fun manner about the future and past and present. I'm sure WDI could do it well. :shrug:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is a message boards where people can express their opinions. And cmon', it's Michael Jackson! His life was filled with allegations, and you expect for people to ignore them?
I agree, you know I`m all for debate, but when time and time again it just turns into a slanging match of personal opinion it is better reserved for chit chat and not news and rumours. Or maybe this is just my opinion? :confused:
He died over a year ago and they're still milking EO for all its worth.
Yep, and that isn`t Jacksons fault. Blame Burbank.

Incidentally, EO opened in DLP yesterday to capacity crowds and the same chaotic excitement seen in Anahiem. They also have a brand new print struck off the restored original negative, the only one worldwide so far apparently.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think the current UoE accurately depicts the current state of energy production in the world. Oil is currently still the big dog on the block and will be reguardless of what the green gurus state. Wind and solar are too unreliable. No one wants nuclear in their backyard. Hydro is limited to the number of rivers/lakes and whims of the EPA.

Is the oil spill tragic. Absolutely. However we (elected officials we put in charge) forced the oil companies off shore where it is more difficult to react. Had this type of spill happened on land you would not see the vast destruction that this gulf spill is causing.

dxwwf3

I think the current UoE accurately depicts the current state of energy production in the world. Oil is currently still the big dog on the block and will be reguardless of what the green gurus state. Wind and solar are too unreliable. No one wants nuclear in their backyard. Hydro is limited to the number of rivers/lakes and whims of the EPA.

Is the oil spill tragic. Absolutely. However we (elected officials we put in charge) forced the oil companies off shore where it is more difficult to react. Had this type of spill happened on land you would not see the vast destruction that this gulf spill is causing.

That's absolutely correct. I don't think too many people were against off shore drilling back when gas was almost double what it is now.

Tigerace81

Actually, Solar is very reliable. You place the panels where they are in contact with the sun the most, they charge up a large battery in the house, the battery then takes over from your utilities, and after a few days from installation you would be completely energy dependent. Wind not so much. Wind can generate energy but at very small amounts. And you have to have the wind just right. But Wind changes so its hard to get a consistent amount from a wind farm. Hydroelectricity however has recently evolved. I know that a few companies have built large floating platforms out offshore (google has a few I believe) and they have generators underneath them and are powered by the crashing of waves into them which creates the electricity which is then sent over head to the power grid.

If more was invested into research of alt. energy there might be easier ways to get these sources of energy.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Actually, Solar is very reliable. You place the panels where they are in contact with the sun the most, they charge up a large battery in the house, the battery then takes over from your utilities, and after a few days from installation you would be completely energy dependent. Wind not so much. Wind can generate energy but at very small amounts. And you have to have the wind just right. But Wind changes so its hard to get a consistent amount from a wind farm. Hydroelectricity however has recently evolved. I know that a few companies have built large floating platforms out offshore (google has a few I believe) and they have generators underneath them and are powered by the crashing of waves into them which creates the electricity which is then sent over head to the power grid.

If more was invested into research of alt. energy there might be easier ways to get these sources of energy.
They are reliable until a volcano erupts and blocks out the sun for weeks/months with it's environment killing ash cloud.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom