Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Gorjus

I've just received word from the scheduling department at the WDW resort...they have graciously moved my day off to Oct 1 so that I may attend the festivities celebrating the 25th anniversary of Epcot!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: I won't be in the reserved area of the desert party, but I'll be right outside the ropes sampling my food and wine samples.:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

jasondiff

I just sent out emails to the entire guest list to let everyone know the schedule has been posted. (Primarily for the benefit of those who don't frequent this thread.)

My apologies to anyone who inadvertently got two, the email server didn't like several hundred people in the address box at once!

If you didn't get one, but got a confirmation email previously, it may have been put in your spam box, please check there. If you registered but didn't get a confirmation email, PM me.

jasondiff

I've just received word from the scheduling department at the WDW resort...they have graciously moved my day off to Oct 1 so that I may attend the festivities celebrating the 25th anniversary of Epcot!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: I won't be in the reserved area of the desert party, but I'll be right outside the ropes sampling my food and wine samples.:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

Awesome! If you want to get on the dessert party wait list, PM me.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Ha ha...here's a post I'd thought you'd all enjoy from Micechat...

:D

NIiiiiiiice!!!!! Ooo now i am REALLY getting excited!

I just got off the phone with imamouse, and Adam.....great talking to both of you "live and in person" finally! Did my first phone interview regarding our Event, which was very nice.

For anyone wondering why i have not appeared on any Podcasts, etc.....i am totally unable to tech-wise! Sorry guys! Adam is doing such a fantastic job handling all the promotion....i just have to say a BIG THANK YOU again for all your work! You go boy!

I am just NOW catching up on all that has happened since i have been offline and all i can say is: WOWee!!

I will post more when i have had a chance to read though everything and digest it fully....

More soon!

Gorjus

Awesome! If you want to get on the dessert party wait list, PM me.

I really don't, but thanks. I'd love to watch Illumination with you all, but I'd rather spend $40 on more food and wine samplings than on desert that is going to give me a headache. I know you can't let anyone in under the promise they won't eat any deserts. I would pay for more wine at the bar, but I understand you can't let people in under that promise either. So I will gather my favorite foods and wines from the festival that evening and sit as close to the Italy patio as possible without paying. We can be cheering together.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Originally posted by Crazy4WDW1: It's official! Just got my airfare this morning. Got a great "Ding" from Southwest. We're all set to go!

Question: We'll be at Saratoga this trip. Do you think it would be in our best interest to take a cab to Epcot on Sunday, 9/30 to get there early for our wristbands, or will we be o.k. to jump on the Disney busses?

I am at SSR as well, but not arriving until Sunday evening. We will have a full-size rental car and can fit three additional bodies, if anyone needs a ride.

We also have AP, DVC, and DVR (Disney Visa Rewards) and are only interested in owning a single AP pin. The other pin we like is an open edition. I'd be happy to get as many pins as I am entitled to in order to satisfy others' needs.

Should we set up a thread to organize things like rides and pin exchanges, or just rely on PMs??

Looking forward to Oct. 1 morning, and the AA experience. :sohappy: Already put my mini-flags in my pile of stuff to be packed.

Figment82

So I had a dream last night where everything that could go wrong on the 1st did - including me forgetting to wear one of my retro Epcot shirts! I woke up in a panic before realizing it was just a dream.

And now this event has entered the deep receses of my mind... I think I might need professional help! :hammer:

jasondiff

I am at SSR as well, but not arriving until Sunday evening. We will have a full-size rental car and can fit three additional bodies, if anyone needs a ride.

We also have AP, DVC, and DVR (Disney Visa Rewards) and are only interested in owning a single AP pin. The other pin we like is an open edition. I'd be happy to get as many pins as I am entitled to in order to satisfy others' needs.

Should we set up a thread to organize things like rides and pin exchanges, or just rely on PMs??

Looking forward to Oct. 1 morning, and the AA experience. :sohappy: Already put my mini-flags in my pile of stuff to be packed.

I've got a ride-share thread going here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=218069

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Okay gang....i have now caught up with this thread and can comment on some contemporary topics:

First and foremost: the Shedule!

It's GREAT! I really am feeling it will work out perfectly, and allow everyone to have ample time to enjoy the Park however they wish between "meet ups".

I am VERY excited about the Re-Dedication. We finally have a confirmed location...ironically, in the VERY SPOT i had originally chose for all of us to meet way back at the beginning stages of this Event! Very cool....not to mention one of the people i was so hoping to have attend is now officially confirmed to be there!

WOWee!!

Next up: Universe of Energy. I would be more then happy to meet up with folks and ride together. We should pick a time to meet "un-officially" and those that can make it, make it. Perhaps if there is enough interest, we could have TWO "un-official" times to ride together ( for those that want to). This will allow those who have plans or reservations the option of choosing one time or another. Just an idea....

Master Yoda, Thank you for your kind offer to possibly purchase a large quantity of American Flags for our AA meet up. Let us know if you want to do this, as i am sure several people here would be more then happy to help out financially ( myself included) so you would not have to foot the entire bill. If just 25 people donate $6 each, we have $150 in no time!

Concerns folks are having now about the Disney Bus service early those mornings. Be sure to check out the Ride-Share thread to possibly hook up with fellow fans and carpool. I know when things were developing in the Event that made it clear i had to be at the Park very early that day...i was concerned about getting there early enough too, so i know what some of you are going though! Don't let it worry you too much, as i am sure things will work out just fine.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
As usual, you super-organizers of this event have thought of everything! Once again, the effort you are putting forth on behalf of so many people is greatly appreciated and much admired.

I'm going to post in the ride sharing thread, and the pin offer still stands. :) (currently available: 2 AP pins, up to 4 DVC pins, 2 Visa pins)

imamouse

Three cheers for Adam, Jenn and Jason for all of their hard work and dedication. I am so glad that they took action and that we will all get to benefit. It's going to be great to meet so many Epcot fans on what I'm sure will be a very special day.

wannabeBelle

Hey there, Master Yoda I second Jenn's idea of chipping in towards flags. I think I can certainly spot some money towards such a worthy goal!!! Belle

jedimaster1227

NIiiiiiiice!!!!! Ooo now i am REALLY getting excited!

I just got off the phone with imamouse, and Adam.....great talking to both of you "live and in person" finally! Did my first phone interview regarding our Event, which was very nice.

For anyone wondering why i have not appeared on any Podcasts, etc.....i am totally unable to tech-wise! Sorry guys! Adam is doing such a fantastic job handling all the promotion....i just have to say a BIG THANK YOU again for all your work! You go boy!

I am just NOW catching up on all that has happened since i have been offline and all i can say is: WOWee!!

I will post more when i have had a chance to read though everything and digest it fully....

More soon!

Always a pleasure Jenn! Thanks again for everything! :wave:

So I had a dream last night where everything that could go wrong on the 1st did - including me forgetting to wear one of my retro Epcot shirts! I woke up in a panic before realizing it was just a dream.

And now this event has entered the deep receses of my mind... I think I might need professional help! :hammer:

Please... We have enough to worry about as it is... I don't need another reason to have a heart-attack... I'm too young to go! :lookaroun

As usual, you super-organizers of this event have thought of everything! Once again, the effort you are putting forth on behalf of so many people is greatly appreciated and much admired.

I'm going to post in the ride sharing thread, and the pin offer still stands. :)

Glad to be a part of this special event, and glad to do whatever I can to make it even better!

Three cheers for Adam, Jenn and Jason for all of their hard work and dedication. I am so glad that they took action and that we will all get to benefit. It's going to be great to meet so many Epcot fans on what I'm sure will be a very special day.

Again, thank you for your time and you know I enjoyed our chat! :wave:

Hey there, Master Yoda I second Jenn's idea of chipping in towards flags. I think I can certainly spot some money towards such a worthy goal!!! Belle

Just a small note about the flags- not all of the attendees of our group are American... Just keep that in mind... I'm not sure we'll see Martin waving any American flags during the show... :lookaroun I'm going to bring my two flags for Merftopia and Merf Cove (which is an official state in my eyes)!

sillyspook13

I think we should set up an unofficial UoE ridethru if people are interested.

All in favor say "Nye!"

(sorry, couldn't help that)

Ni!
th_The_Knights_Who_Say_Ni_by_livius.gif

Oh... We were talking about UoE.....
embarrassment.gif

Nye!

Suzyquzy

Have Fun Y'all

Hi all, I am new to these boards and will not be at the celebration on the 1st. I am a friend of Jason's and he told me what you guys had planned.
I am impressed! I want to see pictures posted from all of you!
I have followed this thread all the way through and I am so mad that I will not be able to be there. :dazzle: (we'll be there Oct 25th!:sohappy: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom