Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Jekyll_Baker

Thanks for the schedules Adam! And again, thanks for all your hard work! Can't wait to be there on Oct 1.

(just a bit of a shame that none of the history walks could've been done on Monday instead of Sunday - but I supposed they'd be easier to do with fewer people in attendance)

However, it does look like there might be enough time to make a quick trip to MK to get a wristband for the EMH - just gotta try to get a midnight ride on the newly re-opened HM :)

sillyspook13

Here are some essentials for adding into your bags before coming over for the Big Event:

*-*-*-Official packing tips for attending "Celebration 25"-*-*-*

1- Cameras of all kinds...both video and stills!
2- Money for buying lots of 25th Anniversary EPCOT Pins and Retro Gear!
3- Mini American Flag to wave during the finale at "The American Adventure" ( a MUST!)
4- EPCOT themed clothing/accesories to wear on the Big Day
5- All travel related documents ( Park tix, Flight info, Hotel documents, etc.)
6- Photo ID ( for picking up Event wristbands, particularly for those registered for the Dessert Party)
7- Printed out copy of your registration e-mail ( for both Celebration 25 and the Dessert Party)
8- Pins for trading ( if you are into the "Pin Thing"...)

If i am missing anything, feel free to add to the "essential packing" list above!

1. Check! I'll be carrying around the bag o' slr both days.
2. Check! I've been saving my $$.
3. I'll be able to pick up one of those by the end of the week.
4. Check! I'm still waiting for one of my shirts to come in the mail.
5. Check! I always carry my cast id!
6. Check! It's right next to my cast id.
7. Looks like I'll be hooking up the printer again soon...
8. Check! I won't be trading, but I'll be wearing my EPCOT lanyard.

I'm almost ready!!!:D

*runs off to e-mail the seller of my shirt*

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
*-*-*-Official packing tips for attending "Celebration 25"-*-*-*

1- Cameras of all kinds...both video and stills!
2- Money for buying lots of 25th Anniversary EPCOT Pins and Retro Gear!
3- Mini American Flag to wave during the finale at "The American Adventure" ( a MUST!)
4- EPCOT themed clothing/accesories to wear on the Big Day
5- All travel related documents ( Park tix, Flight info, Hotel documents, etc.)
6- Photo ID ( for picking up Event wristbands, particularly for those registered for the Dessert Party)
7- Printed out copy of your registration e-mail ( for both Celebration 25 and the Dessert Party)
8- Pins for trading ( if you are into the "Pin Thing"...)

If i am missing anything, feel free to add to the "essential packing" list above!

I will need to check with the wife on finances but I might be able to provide these for the entire group. I checked from a few suppliers and the price for 1050 4x6 flags are around $150. If we can fit it in the budget we will do it providing that that is OK with everyone.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I will need to check with the wife on finances but I might be able to provide these for the entire group. I checked from a few suppliers and the price for 1050 4x6 flags are around $150. If we can fit it in the budget we will do it providing that that is OK with everyone.
that is mighty generous! i think i can speak for everyone and say that you dont have to do that, but if you want to, then by all means, add a lot of patriotism to that day. hey, especially dicussing this on this date is all the more special.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
that is mighty generous! i think i can speak for everyone and say that you dont have to do that, but if you want to, then by all means, add a lot of patriotism to that day. hey, especially dicussing this on this date is all the more special.
My only real issue is do I spend the full $150 for the flags made in the US or do I shave off $50 and get the ones made in China. The patriot in me says go USA but the capitalist in me says save the $50.:lol:

brkgnews

My only real issue is do I spend the full $150 for the flags made in the US or do I shave off $50 and get the ones made in China. The patriot in me says go USA but the capitalist in me says save the $50.:lol:
I'll send ya $20 to help out. PM me an address or I can pay pal you.

ZapperZ

While this isn't directly connected to the Fan get-together, I thought you might want to see it since it is part of Epcot's 25th Anniversary Celebration. A Disney website has something you can keep/download as your computer wallpaper a jpg commemorating Epcot's anniversary.

I hope they have t-shirts with this picture on that day. I've already bought the retro Epcot Center t-shirts this past weekend.

Zz.

BSikor

I know there has been talk on the in this thread about the special 25th pins that are being sold at Epcot on the 1st and while I am not a pin trader, I have got to have all of the pins. Obvioulsy, I can score the two in park ones, I can also buy a Disney Visa Exclusive and the Annual Pass Exclusive. The only one I can't get is the DVC pin.

If there is anyone out there that is willing to buy an extra DVC pin (you are allowed a max of 2 a day), I would be willing to buy an extra AP or Visa pin for you to trade. This is a deal since the AP and Visa pins are $12.95 and the DVC is $10.95.

PM me if you are interested. Thanks!

I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE 30th and the 1st!!!!!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think we should set up an unofficial UoE ridethru if people are interested.

All in favor say "Nye!"

(sorry, couldn't help that)

Eyorefan

Nye!

I know that the whole group kind out grew the ride a long time ago so I understand why it was left off the official itenerary. Perhaps an unofficial group ride during some of the free time on Monday would make it more feesable than all 1,000 of us trying to ride.

Disney_Freak429

Did I not just say this in my last post geeze shows you how much people pay attention to me doesn't it. :p :lookaroun So I guss Nye! here too since I though of it also. ;) I also think Monday would be best to since there will be a smaller amount of people that day.

DisneyMarg

Count me in for UoE. Even if our officially registered group is too big, I don't know that there will be 500 people who want to ride UoE at the same time. Some folks have ressies, some will be in line elsewhere, etc etc

As for flags - You could probably order fewer than 1050 if the price per is still good. Some folks can bring their own (I will) and some of the 1000 registrants probably won't be there at that time. Maybe you could shave the $50 off by ordering fewer - and still stick with Made in USA!

I'm so excited!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom