Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

jasondiff

Cool. Thanks for posting the schedule, and thanks for all the hard work in organizing this event.

If I understand correctly, the Disney resort buses don't start running until approximately one hour before park opening -- 9:00. None of the parks open early on either 9/30 or 10/1 (with the exception of DAK, which opens at 8:00 on 10/1 for extended hotel guest hours). I assume, then, that the earliest bus bound for Epcot would leave each resort at 8:00... which would probably get you there by... 8:10 to 8:30? (I recall that some of the buses make multiple stops before heading out to the designated park.)

I guess I'm contemplating catching a cab on Monday morning... unless it's feasible to actually walk from Port Orleans to Epcot...

If you're staying at the Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Swan, or Dolphin hotels it would be possible to walk to Epcot.

Since there are no sidewalks connecting pedestrians from other Disney resorts to Epcot, those walking along any of the roads will be picked up by Security.

I'm not quite sure what time the first group of buses start appearing at the resorts for those who have 8am-9am seatings for Norway's Princess Storybook Breakfast (I know this was discussed earlier), but that seems like it will be the best bet for those of you who have no other means of transportation to reach Epcot for Monday registration. Can anyone confirm what time these buses start reaching the resorts?

Earlier in this massive thread we figured that the earliest Norway breakfast seating is at 8:30. Allowing for 30 min to get to Norway from the front gate, and 30 minutes to get to Epcot from the resort, means that the first breakfast bus bound for Epcot should leave the resorts at 7:30.

My recommendation is this: check with your resort front desk to ask when the breakfast bus departs. If it's 7:30 or earlier you should be fine getting on this bus, especially if you picked up your registration materials on Sunday. If that's not early enough for you, then a cab or sharing a ride is your best bet. I started a ridesharing thread a few weeks ago, here's the link.

jasondiff

If you're staying at the Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Swan, or Dolphin hotels it would be possible to walk to Epcot.

Since there are no sidewalks connecting pedestrians from other Disney resorts to Epcot, those walking along any of the roads will be picked up by Security.

That's great - will they bring us to Epcot??? :lol:

wannabeBelle

Hi All, I just made a bunch of phone calls and if you have a Princess Breakfast ressie at EPCOT the earliest the bus will run at ANY resort is 8:15am!!! I had called Riverside and was given that information. Sorry folks!!! Belle

jasondiff

I just thought of another random question for anyone who knows...

Does Sunshine Seasons still serve breakfast? I'm trying to plan Day 1, and thinking this would work before the 11am History Walk begins. I'm clueless here, as I'm not a morning person and very rarely make it to the parks at breakfast time.

Disneyworld.com lists Sunshine Seasons as serving breakfast. They also list Fountainview as serving espresso and Alfredos as being open, so take it for what you will. I do think Sunshine Seasons along with Electric Umbrella do serve breakfast.

brkgnews

A character breakfast bus usually runs from Pop Century over to Magic Kindom around 6:45AM -- but the question is would the monorail be running that early to get you to TTC and then EPCOT. I really wouldn't rely on that.

jasondiff

Hi All, I just made a bunch of phone calls and if you have a Princess Breakfast ressie at EPCOT the earliest the bus will run at ANY resort is 8:15am!!! I had called Riverside and was given that information. Sorry folks!!! Belle

Belle, I'm not doubting you got that info from Riverside, but I think they are wrong.
It's physically impossible to get on a bus at any resort and be in Norway in 15 minutes (unless they go in the back way from Port Orleans, which they don't). It's been semi-confirmed that the first breakfast seating is 8:30. It's 0.62 miles from the closest bus stop to Norway. Factor in security and turnstiles, and slow walkers, and I'm fairly certain the 8:15 time you got from Riverside is incorrect.

jasondiff

A character breakfast bus usually runs from Pop Century over to Magic Kindom around 6:45AM -- but the question is would the monorail be running that early to get you to TTC and then EPCOT. I really wouldn't rely on that.

I believe the first Epcot monorail begins (leaves TTC) at 7:30 am, someone posted that info earlier in this thread.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Disneyworld.com lists Sunshine Seasons as serving breakfast. They also list Fountainview as serving espresso and Alfredos as being open, so take it for what you will. I do think Sunshine Seasons along with Electric Umbrella do serve breakfast.

Electric Umbrella doesn't do breakfast currently. It may start again if SSE has large crowds in the mornings (and thus the rush is more even across Epcot rather then right into The Land) but in the mentime, Seasons is open and so is the cart over by Energy.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
The following is from Allearsnet.com:

(the last paragraph kinda scares me, I hope there is not a problem that morning with the surge of extra people from our gathering)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Does WDW have Bus Transportation for Early Character Breakfasts?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Buses for the Magic Kingdom [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and Magic Kingdom Resort Area will start running at 6:30am DAILY.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Buses for Animal Kingdom/Animal Kingdom Lodge will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Buses for the Disney-MGM Studios (covering the Epcot Resort Area) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Buses for Epcot (Princess Breakfast at Norway) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This information is valid EVERY DAY, and for ALL DISNEY RESORTS serviced by Bus transportation.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These buses are for Breakfasts only, and should not be used for general park access. Always let the driver know where you are going upon boarding the bus. Most times, the driver will be able to take you directly (ie: Contemporary, for Chef Mickey's) but sometimes this is not possible. As such, you should always allow time for a connection when going Resort to Resort. Actual arrival times will vary by location.[/FONT]​

wannabeBelle

Belle, I'm not doubting you got that info from Riverside, but I think they are wrong.
It's physically impossible to get on a bus at any resort and be in Norway in 15 minutes (unless they go in the back way from Port Orleans, which they don't). It's been semi-confirmed that the first breakfast seating is 8:30. It's 0.62 miles from the closest bus stop to Norway. Factor in security and turnstiles, and slow walkers, and I'm fairly certain the 8:15 time you got from Riverside is incorrect.

Hey there Jason, I am definitely not disagreeing with you but that was the information given to me. True or not, I cant confirm any better from here than that. I was also told by Dining that the transportation would be "limited" but she wasnt able to clarify what "limited" meant any further than that. Belle

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The information system they use is kinda crappy. The info is hidden.

Rule-o-thumb, be at a bus stop (and notify the front desk prior) 45mins prior to wherever it is you need to be. The early buses do run, but very much on a per-request basis. If all else fails, front desk should hook ya up - they got vans for a reason, and yes that reason includes getting guests to/from Disney sponsored events.

Now, i'm not saying go demand they put you in a van and bring you to Epcot, but that there should be a way to get there prior to Epcot's opening.

jasondiff

The following is from Allearsnet.com:

(the last paragraph kinda scares me, I hope there is not a problem that morning with the surge of extra people from our gathering)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Does WDW have Bus Transportation for Early Character Breakfasts?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Buses for the Magic Kingdom [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and Magic Kingdom Resort Area will start running at 6:30am DAILY.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Buses for Animal Kingdom/Animal Kingdom Lodge will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Buses for the Disney-MGM Studios (covering the Epcot Resort Area) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Buses for Epcot (Princess Breakfast at Norway) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This information is valid EVERY DAY, and for ALL DISNEY RESORTS serviced by Bus transportation.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These buses are for Breakfasts only, and should not be used for general park access. Always let the driver know where you are going upon boarding the bus. Most times, the driver will be able to take you directly (ie: Contemporary, for Chef Mickey's) but sometimes this is not possible. As such, you should always allow time for a connection when going Resort to Resort. Actual arrival times will vary by location.[/FONT]​

That info is from a post by Tyler, a bus driver, over on those other DISney boards. I just was looking over there for any more info.
My suggestion: ask at front desk what time the Epcot breakfast bus runs, then wait outside at 6:50 am. If the bus doesn't show up within a time of your liking, you can always grab a cab.

jasondiff

Electric Umbrella doesn't do breakfast currently. It may start again if SSE has large crowds in the mornings (and thus the rush is more even across Epcot rather then right into The Land) but in the mentime, Seasons is open and so is the cart over by Energy.

I seem to remember having some sort of breakfast pizza thing there, it was pretty good. But I really miss the fountainview! What breakfast items do they serve at the cart near Energy?

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
That info is from a post by Tyler, a bus driver, over on those other DISney boards. I just was looking over there for any more info.
My suggestion: ask at front desk what time the Epcot breakfast bus runs, then wait outside at 6:50 am. If the bus doesn't show up within a time of your liking, you can always grab a cab.

I've never been to any other boards, so I don't know about other posts, but what I copied and pasted was on the Allearsnet.com website.

I think your advise is the best though, ask at the front desk. I'm heading over this Thursday, is there someone I could ask while I'm there that would have the correct answer?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
But.. but.. isn't that what i said?

:(

Anywho - Energy cart (when they open, which is when they feel like it) they sometimes have muffins, pastries, and well - lots of coffee. It's a coffee cart.

Disney_Freak429

Love the event list any one want to set up a time during the free time to all head to UOE? I now have to question if I am going to MNSSHP on the 30th & miss the Soarin' group ride. Tough choices but good to see our event list up its a good way to come home from a bad day at work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom