Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

jedimaster1227

Ooo Ooooo!!!!

Cool!!

So i guess this means we won't be using the "graphic" one then?

No no... The graphic is still in use. The text-based logo is for another suprise (if I can get it to work).

Don't you mean slogan?

I'll chip in "The 21st Century Began October 1st, 1982"

:D

No, I actually mean logo. This needs to be a text-only graphic (as in a fancy looking text line [a single line only] that reads "Celebration 25") with any Epcot related pictures inside of the letters. This can be simple or elaborate, but the picture needs to be contained in a single text line so that it may be printed on "thin lines." I recommend filling the letters with pictures of the parks first 25 years... We have some artists joining us, so this should be interesting!

Good luck! :wave:

(p.s. Microsoft Office refers to this type of graphic as "Wordart.")

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I tried using old images, then pavilion logos, but it`s just too messy and makes the lettering almost unreadable. Any other ideas?

Figment82

What about filling the letters with a very basic stylized image of SSE's panels? I have to go to work soon so I don't have time to put something together, but that might be simple enough to fill in the letters without it becoming too busy.

wannabeBelle

Hey Diff or whoever else might have the info, can we get an updated count of how many people will be at the Meet and at the Dessert party?? Belle

jedimaster1227

I tried using old images, then pavilion logos, but it`s just too messy and makes the lettering almost unreadable. Any other ideas?

Really, anything you figure looks good will work. This wordart will be featured in a couple of suprises, so it is important that I do have an entry to use soon.

What about filling the letters with a very basic stylized image of SSE's panels? I have to go to work soon so I don't have time to put something together, but that might be simple enough to fill in the letters without it becoming too busy.

That sounds like a good idea! I personally can't photoshop or design photos for my life, so if you are able to do it, I will be truly thankful!

Hey Diff or whoever else might have the info, can we get an updated count of how many people will be at the Meet and at the Dessert party?? Belle

Well, I have some really good news concerning this front! We have just passed the 200 mark with guests registered for the meet, so that makes todays following news even better!

So, now for my MAJOR update:

Yesterday, I was fortunate enough to talk to the Sr. Events Manager of the Epcot Special Events. She confirmed for me that the park will be holding a re-dedication ceremony in front of the Fountain of Nations with members of park management and Imagineers including Marty Sklar. We are welcome to be a part of the ceremony, so I am working on a small presentation that we can do during the ceremony (but I will get to that in a bit).

She has setup for us to have two tables in the front of the ticket booth closest to the Kennel Club at Epcot. These tables will be there until the park opens officially. That means that we have a change of plans. All registered members of our group must come to this table before the park opens (if you cannot do this, please email or PM me so we can make the appropriate arrangements you need) and sign in with your entire party. At this time, wristbands for the free event will be given to each member in your party along with the wristbands for the dessert party. Times for the table registration will be supplied to me within the next week.

Along with the tables, she has said that if we were to get confirmation that any members of Disney Management or Imagineers were to be joining us (even for a brief time), we could possibly be getting a free temporary venue to share our time with them in.

So, now you see why I have been so mum of the latest for the past few weeks? :D This news is more than exciting and knowing that you all will be there for this special event is even better.

So, along with the text logo contest I am looking for, I am starting a re-dedication dialogue contest. I am working on several possibilities to get our group to be a real part of the re-dedication ceremony, so what I ask is that if you are interested in writing up something, it needs to be succinct and to the point. This text will be in honor of the park, everyone that ever worked there and anyone that ever visited. The text needs to cover these three subjects in a quick, but meaningful manner. I myself am working on such a text, but I would like to see if anyone else can do better, because I'm not always the greatest when it comes to such a dialogue.

So... This is why I have been so excited these past few weeks, and I promise you, that I am still working on more suprises, so keep a look out! (I will be working on a new/tentative schedule to be released within the next week.) Thank you all for your time! I look forward to seeing you all soon!

Figment82

That sounds AWESOME! Thank you so much for all of your hard work. This is getting more exciting as each piece starts to come together.

As for the WordArt logo, I can start work on it when I get home tonight (as long as Harry Potter doesn't distract me). Although I'm sure there are people here that will be able to get something up faster than me (always seems to work that way :) ).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
First.... WOW!!! And thank you!!!

This keeps getting better, and better, and better, and.... you get the idea. This will be amazing. The stuff of dreams - for once real dreams (is there such a thing?) and not marketing dreams. See y`all at sunrise!

I came here to post a first design for the text logo mentioned above - still a bit cluttered IMHO, but it is readable and the park link is plain to see. I`ve added a coloured edge too to define it on a black or white background. Take a look http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=27699&size=big&cat=recent&limit=recent - it`s a workable design if you feel it is suitable with any plussing.

And thanks again from 4000 miles away. I`ll spread the word about the new meet/signing in time.

-Martin

wannabeBelle

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ill see what I can come up with in terms of writing something to assist. Great job ad I Am staying tuned!!! Belle

Figment82

Alright, I had a couple of extra minutes before I have to leave, so I whipped up something real fast. It would certainly need to be fixed up, but it gives you an idea of what I was thinking of:

Celebration25.jpg

Jekyll_Baker

Jedimaster, That's really cool news! Thanks for your work! I can't wait - I might even have to add another day of vacation for that week darnit

Eyorefan

Wow, this is truly incredible, and I can't belive that I get to be there! Thank You, Thank you, Thank you for this awesome! Like Martin said, a real dream come trud and not a marketing ploy!!! Their is still Magic in WDW!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So what are the chances of one of the "Celebration 25" logos to make their way over to Cafe press in time for us to get shirts? It would also be great if Steve would let us put the WDWMagic logo somewhere on the shirt as well. *hint hint* :animwink:

jedimaster1227

So what are the chances of one of the "Celebration 25" logos to make their way over to Cafe press in time for us to get shirts? It would also be great if Steve would let us put the WDWMagic logo somewhere on the shirt as well. *hint hint* :animwink:

There is a chance... :animwink:

As for the WDWMagic logo, we are going to hold off on that because not everyone joining us is a member of WDWMagic.

jeffb

Wow - thanks (Adam, Jen and Jason, etc...) for the hard work and putting this together! I can be at the tables as early as around 11 AM on September 30th if need be :ROFLOL:

Can not wait for the re-dedication!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom