Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

EpcotServo

Yesterday, I was fortunate enough to talk to the Sr. Events Manager of the Epcot Special Events. She confirmed for me that the park will be holding a re-dedication ceremony in front of the Fountain of Nations with members of park management and Imagineers including Marty Sklar. We are welcome to be a part of the ceremony, so I am working on a small presentation that we can do during the ceremony (but I will get to that in a bit).

:eek:

Are you telling me that they actully wand to include us in an event? That would be amazing! This sure has come along way since that night I thought of it, only to get up that morning to see somebody had that idea too!
:lol:

This is going to be GREAT! You just tell me if you need anything done!
:D

Foolish Mortal

She has setup for us to have two tables in the front of the ticket booth closest to the Kennel Club at Epcot. These tables will be there until the park opens officially. That means that we have a change of plans. All registered members of our group must come to this table before the park opens (if you cannot do this, please email or PM me so we can make the appropriate arrangements you need) and sign in with your entire party. At this time, wristbands for the free event will be given to each member in your party along with the wristbands for the dessert party. Times for the table registration will be supplied to me within the next week.

Wow :eek: Sounds awesome. See everyone on the 1st bus from POP.

brkgnews

I got long-winded. :lookaroun

Me said:
We stand here today at the center of EPCOT. The core values of Walt's Disney's vision of the city of tomorrow can be seen across central Florida. From what was once barren, often unusable land, a shining example of the can-do spirit of humankind has emerged. Throughout this land, new technologies are being invented and implemented every day for the betterment of mankind. A quarter-century ago, visions of grandeur from the great World’s Fairs of the past century combined with the irrepressible hope of humankind for the next century to bring us a special place that epitomized the philosophy of Walt Disney and those who share his dreams. Epcot Center was born in 1982. In the years since, it has served as an inspiration for millions. A cast of thousands have been tasked with being caretakers of this important celebration of human spirit. They have taken us on amazing journeys into our imaginations, into our bodies, and into the sea. They have taken us back to the dawn of the universe, and they have taken us forward to the future. They have taken us to faraway lands and made us feel at home on our common planet. And they have helped us to realize that, no matter what our differences may be, we can all gather for a story... a celebration... and an introspective of the common threads that bind our worldwide human tapestry. Each guest who has walked underneath Spaceship Earth in the past 25 years has become a part of this grand community -- a global neighborhood that spans cultural differences, political boundaries, and chronological separation. And now, as we stand on the precipice of tomorrow, we vow to continue our unquenchable thirst for knowledge... understanding... and innovation... for it is these quests... and many more... that are at the center of EPCOT.

Two minutes. Not that I've timed it or anything. :king:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
This sure has come along way since that night I thought of it, only to get up that morning to see somebody had that idea too!
:lol:

That would have been me........!

:wave:

Holy Bat-Spheres!!!! This is fantastic and exciting news! Jedimaster has been a busy little bee.....excellent job my friend!

Indeed this is sounding like a dream come true....."Year of a Million Dreams" indeed! Knowing that Marty will be there, and Imagineers is awesome. I hope Tony comes to......Tony Baxter of ALL people i would love to have there that day.

This is absolutely HUGE. I am getting all emotional now when i go back to my original first post that started this off, and seeing now how far it has come.

I have ALL OF YOU to thank!

:sohappy:

wannabeBelle

I got long-winded. :lookaroun

Two minutes. Not that I've timed it or anything. :king:

I bow to you!!!!! That was pretty darn stunning!!!!!!!!!!! I had some ideas along those lines and Master Yoda and I are still collaborating but this incorporated much of what I thought should be said!!!!!!! Great Job!!! Belle

Disney_Freak429

This just keeps getting bigger & bigger I can't wait to meet you all there. I know with all of us there this will be the biggest B-Day Bash a Disney Park has ever had.(ok maybe not the biggest but the best) To see the details being pounded out like this brings tears to my eyes this will truely be a magical day for us & EPCOT Center. On top of it all my friend who hasn't been to WDW since he was a baby may be joining me. What a way to show him EPCOT Center on it's biggest day to date.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, along with the text logo contest I am looking for, I am starting a re-dedication dialogue contest
I sent this to Jedi thinking it may be a bit too pompous, but here we go:

The 21st Century began October 1st 1982
The 21st Century continues this October 1st 2007
For those who made and continue to make Walts dream a reality today is for you
For those who have visited and continue to visit EPCOT the future is yours to make
We did indeed just begin to dream 25 years ago. One quarter of a century later this park still informs, educates and inspires everyone who visits, and will continue to do so, today and tomorrow​

jedimaster1227

Request: Update the sign-up page to inclue the latest information.

http://www.freewebs.com/zmanatr/celebration25updates.htm

I am working on it and will have it fully updated on Monday. I am speaking to our friend at Group Services again to give her some more details about the event, and to see what they are planning to do for us. Once I get those details hammered out, the website will be fully updated. In the mean time, I have posted some of the new confirmed information, but I will post the rest once I have more info after Monday.

For everyone that has done the dialogues and the text-logos, they are all wonderful! I would like to say that I have narrowed it down to a few right now, but I am not deciding just yet, because I want to hear your votes. If Merf is willing to start another poll for the logos and the dialogues, I can better see what everyone wants, so that when it may be read, we are all represented.

Merf, if you are to make another poll thread, please include an "other" option just in case someone puts in a late entry.

I'm getting more excited about this everyday, especially since I was at Epcot yesterday and took some photos of the various locations which we will be visiting...

jasondiff

http://www.freewebs.com/zmanatr/celebration25updates.htm

I am working on it and will have it fully updated on Monday. I am speaking to our friend at Group Services again to give her some more details about the event, and to see what they are planning to do for us. Once I get those details hammered out, the website will be fully updated. In the mean time, I have posted some of the new confirmed information, but I will post the rest once I have more info after Monday.

All of this is awesome news! This event is getting more and more exciting!

jedimaster-
Once you confirm the times for the table out front, let me know and I will update the Dessert Party signup page as well. Is the Kennel Club on the far left as you face the front entrance? I don't really remember, but of all the times I walked from the bus stops on the right, I don't remember passing the Kennel Club, so that's what makes me think it's on the left.

We have just under 50 registered and paid attendees for the dessert party so far, not including jedimaster's and Figment's Friend's parties.

Just an idea, if there are a lot of people who can't make it before park opening to pick up wristbands, perhaps we can have a second meet location inside the park after the dedication ceremony. Of course those people will miss being part of that ceremony but at least there will be a second chance for them to meet up with the us before the rest of the day's events. Or another idea is to allow one person to pick up the wristbands for their entire party at the table, then that person can find their party later and give them wristbands.

Just throwing these ideas out there. I figure with the change of plans, I will hand out dessert party wristbands at the table before park opening, and then again at the venue location just before the party.

Edit-
I just checked a map from Epcot and confirmed that the Kennel Club is the building circled in red. So I assume our table will be somewhere within or near the red box?
epcotkc.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom