Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

EpcotServo

Could we get away with this...

celeb25wide.jpg

... or are the old symbols off-limits?

Nice! Very good...

:sohappy:

brkgnews

Thanks. I think I'm gonna redo the 25 -- right now it's a photo, and I think it'd look better as a more abstract triangle thingy like the symbols.

Then again, maybe the 25 SHOULD stand out a bit.

I just love the fact that the number of symbols exactly equalled the number of letters in "celebration"

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ You managed it where I couldn`t. Brilliant!

How about the `25` being silver, or rather true colour (as the photo would be) to make it stand out and to show the significance of the park icon?

Apart from that, you get my vote :D

brkgnews

Here's a version with more abstract triangles in the 25...

celeb25wide2.jpg

Think I like it better than photo-realistic triangles.

Merf: Tried several different color thingies -- this is about as much contrast as I could get without the colors becoming distracting. I'll tweak around, tho and see what I can do.

Martin:
celeb25wide3.jpg

jedimaster1227

Here's a version with more abstract triangles in the 25...

celeb25wide2.jpg

Think I like it better than photo-realistic triangles.

Merf: Tried several different color thingies -- this is about as much contrast as I could get without the colors becoming distracting. I'll tweak around, tho and see what I can do.

Martin:
celeb25wide3.jpg

Actually, I think I like your original version a bit more. I love the color you chose for the text and it works perfectly throughout the entire logo! I think the silver makes it stand out a bit more, but maybe that is a good thing... I'll let you all decide.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'm planning on buying a HD Camcorder before we go to WDW for this function, so I'll volunteer to videotape the whole thing, and lug along the tripod to make sure we have a good shot.

I can then send the file over CD's or something, or make a DVD out of the day's activities for anyone who is interested.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I had a thought on either of those designs - they would look GREAT on a black t shirt, that as many people as wanted could buy. It's simple, could be on the front of a shirt, and then put something like our speech on the back.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Looks very nice...though i too would like to see a version that could possibly reveal the inner symbols a bit more. Can you give it a shot so we can see what it would look like out of curiousity?

Yes, i have to sign up for the Dessert Party. I am fairly certain it will just be me...but have been holding off just in case a local friend decides to join me. I will be signing up asap.

I am still pretty blown away that we are actually going to be a part of the Re-Dedication. Wow! I am very interested in hearing what they will be doing with us, and how they are to incorporate us into the event. I suppose at the very least, we will be a enthusicastic audience for the press ...LOL!!!

I'm confident though they will involve us more then just being standbys. This is going to be a INCREDIBLE day!!

Okay, totally unrealted now.......i have a question about the Food and Wine Festival. This will be my first time being in EPCOT while this is going on...shocking i know! I just usually always go to the Parks "off-season" in early September and usually miss it....so....i am wondering what it is all about. I have a general idea, but for those that are more educated about it i would love to hear your overview.

What is it and what does it have to offer? Is it basically a "free sample" fest? Are there addtional charges to sample, or is it included in the Park entrance?

Thanks in advance for clueing me in as to what F+W is all about.....

:wave:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Okay, totally unrealted now.......i have a question about the Food and Wine Festival. This will be my first time being in EPCOT while this is going on...shocking i know! I just usually always go to the Parks "off-season" in early September and usually miss it....so....i am wondering what it is all about. I have a general idea, but for those that are more educated about it i would love to hear your overview.

What is it and what does it have to offer? Is it basically a "free sample" fest? Are there addtional charges to sample, or is it included in the Park entrance?

Thanks in advance for clueing me in as to what F+W is all about.....

:wave:

F&W is a festival that is included with park admission. There are free wine and beer tastings periodically, but the majority of the events and food you have to pay for or sign up for in advance. We always plan our vacation to coincide with the F&W festival (at least partly), and we make sure to buy the cookbook that is on sale. There is also nightly music by major names (mostly oldies).

Any other questions, feel free to ask or PM me!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Wow...I was vague, let me elaborate:

There are several stands around the WS promenade from countries not featured in WS that offer bite-sized portions of cuisine from their country for just a few bucks. There is a HUGE number of stands as well, so that you can literally walk and eat all day long.

Last time we went to it we had a free beer tasting sponsored by Sam Adams followed by a free wine tasting. Different events go on through the day, so make sure to get a schedule.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If you can get into any demonstrations in the Odyssey it's worth it. Usuaully involved food if it's a chef's demo, and if it's a product demo you get to sample stuff. I've done both a WDW chef serving up scallops and such and a vanilla demonstration where i got to try cream soda made from various types of vanilla to taste their differences.

Both were free, so they do have some stuff like that.

EpcotServo

Actually, I think I like your original version a bit more. I love the color you chose for the text and it works perfectly throughout the entire logo! I think the silver makes it stand out a bit more, but maybe that is a good thing... I'll let you all decide.

I like the one with the silver 25. I'd think that would look pretty darn snappy on a black T-shirt with the words
The
21st
Century
began
October 1st, 1982

On the back! That's my pick. (And I'd think the logos would actully stand out more on a black background. I think they stand out fine though. All of those kinds of things are naturally going to be like a hidden picture game.)

Disney_Freak429

Love the logos. I like the blue with the silver 25 best though because in my mind the 25 should be in silver it just makes sense that way. I'm going crazy trying still to figure out how exactly cash wise I'll make it but if I have to walk down there I will make it lol. Remember if you need any help at all just shoot me a e-mail.

sergeiam

I'm planning on buying a HD Camcorder before we go to WDW for this function, so I'll volunteer to videotape the whole thing, and lug along the tripod to make sure we have a good shot.

I can then send the file over CD's or something, or make a DVD out of the day's activities for anyone who is interested.

Count me as interested. Would gladly pay any costs involved in getting a hard copy shipped to my door! And I would pay a premium for High Definition

donsullivan

Premium Member

I'll volunteer to help on the editing and DVD side of this (not sure if I'll have HD video-cam by then or not). I've got a complete Video Editing, Motion Graphics and DVD Authoring setup from when I did this for a living for a few years. The setup even includes the robotic duplicator that can produce full commercial style DVD's with printed surface graphics, and cases just like you buy in a store.

It might be cool for everyone in attendance to send in their photos to be put into digital photo albums or blended in with the video as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom