Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Well I am officially in for the meet and have already signed up for the desert buffet. Would someone like to save me from reading 568 posts and let me know what the plan is for the day?

Hi there! Very glad to hear you are "officially" coming!

Well, the "plan" is for us to have a AWESOME TIME! :)

Actually. as far as anything being "planned" goes...everyone should arrive and meet up at 10am in the area behind the Fountain of Nations...right on the EPCOT Center Logo that is permantly embedded in the walkway there! We will be quite a sight i am sure....and i have asked that EVERYONE please wear something "Retro" EPCOT if you can! Time to break out all those Old School t-shirts and hats.....or even more contempory gear if the mood take you. As long as it's EPCOT, it's good! Please note, it is best NOT to wear anything resembling a costume ( save THAT for MNSSHP !). If you are looking for some great EPCOT gear to wear for the Event, eBay is a swell spot to find some treasures!

Okay...so we all meet up...and if we are very fortunate, we may also be joined by some special guests and maybe even some park employees. There is nothing confirmed or certain...but it's thrilling to know that there is a CHANCE it could very well happen.

After the initial meet up, we can pretty much decided what to do ourselves. There have been some great ideas suggested so far in this huge thread...and as the time gets closer it would probably be smart to actually plan some things for all of us together to do. Naturally parts of the group may well break off to do there own things, which is totally cool and fine with me.

Later in the evening we will gather for the other planned part of the Event, which is the Dessert Finale Party for a viewing of Illuminations: ROE. This will be open only to those who have pre-registered and pre-paid for there space. See Josh's signature link for more info about this!

All in all, this will be a terrific time for all and a great way to honor EPCOT's 25th Anniversary. I personally want to thank everyone again for all of the wonderful support, feedback, and most of all generousity of time and ideas to help pull this off in grand style.

See you all there!!

:wave:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Here are a few "dream ideas" of mine that i would love to see happen...if there is any chance at all. I'm just tossing these stones out there so folks who may have the power to make something happen can get some ideas....

First off, i would be overjoyed beyond belief and totally beside myself in awe if we had some "Special Guests" join is for this Event. Anyone with connections to the Park from it's heydays or anyone inolved in it's creation i would like to have there. Naturally that includes any Imagineers..from Tony Baxter upwards to even Joe Average who installed the bathroom floor tiles.....i WANT YOU there!

Next, i would love to see Figment out and about and maybe possibly meet up with us on the Seal at 10am. I don't think i have ever seen him walking around and doing greets before...i always just tend to see him breifly inside his "Place" next to JII. For this special day though, it would be AWESOME to have "Fig-zilla" wander out and join us. If ANYONE here can help find out if this could be possible, and if it would even be considered, PM me in private or post here if you wish. It would be awesome to have Epcot's official mascot join in the fun somehow. Natually ANY Disney Characters that wish to come are more then welcome.. Shoot, how cool would it be if the Bus rolled out there for us?? I know i know.....it's a long shot...but like i said, these are just stones i am casting out as ideas.

I really like the idea of all of us ( all 200 or so..) getting on a ride together. I agree that Soarin' and UoE would probably be the best choice...but let's also consider The American Adventure too afterwards. Yes, it is a shame that SSE will be down for refurb, but considering it is something we all agree needed to happen, i am not too dissapointed. The fact that the Wand is FINALLY being taken down makes me too giddy to get depressed about SSE being closed for the Party.

Another idea is the long proposed "Backstage Tour" type thing.....though i think at this point our group size may be too big to handle in one tour.

Any suggestions for Lunch or Dinner? I remember a while back we were talking about where we could go as a group to eat. There are not a lot of choices for large groups...

Alright...those are some thoughts. Feel free to share yours!

jedimaster1227

This is awesome news ! Do i have you to thank for this?

I guess you can say that... But I spent all of last night researching and this morning calling and email for the group, so it was worth it! :animwink:

Actually. as far as anything being "planned" goes...everyone should arrive and meet up at 10am in the area behind the Fountain of Nations...right on the EPCOT Center Logo that is permantly embedded in the walkway there! We will be quite a sight i am sure....and i have asked that EVERYONE please wear something "Retro" EPCOT if you can! Time to break out all those Old School t-shirts and hats.....or even more contempory gear if the mood take you. As long as it's EPCOT, it's good! Please note, it is best NOT to wear anything resembling a costume ( save THAT for MNSSHP !). If you are looking for some great EPCOT gear to wear for the Event, eBay is a swell spot to find some treasures!

We will start working out the optional schedule soon I think. As for dress, retro Epcot clothes is good, but I really do need to emphasize that we need to keep our group limited to a fully positive look. Costumes are not allowed, and we ask that any gear worn be somewhat presentable (and I mean that in the best way). I stress this now more than ever since we will be having members of the press and possibly members of Disney administration joining us. So, while we cannot tell you what to wear, please keep it below the "extravagant" bar (i.e. no gigantic Epcot hats or eccentric clothing attachments).

Here are a few "dream ideas" of mine that i would love to see happen...if there is any chance at all. I'm just tossing these stones out there so folks who may have the power to make something happen can get some ideas....

Once Mr. Jim Macphee calls me back, I will see what can be done. Special guests will almost definitely attend, it is just a question of who. As for the group food or tours, those I can't guarantee since we are so large (and we aren't paying to reserve any other locations). If an offer comes up, I will see what I can work out, but I won't ask for anything without an offer, since they are hosting us, not the other way around. Also, remember that the Food and Wine Festival will be taking place. Personally, I pictured our gigantic group walking the World Showcase enjoying the atmosphere, pleasure of company, attractions and food together during the day. But again, anyone has the option of splitting up. I am still working on some surprises, so stayed excited... :animwink:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well from a logistics standpoint Soarin, UoE and AA are about the only attractions that will really accommodate a group of this size. While FP would be great for Soarin I am not sure how that would work out unless we got them all at the same time or some very nice CM handed us about 200 FP's at one time so chances ar stand-by would be the best option.

For lunch I don't think that there is a single TS restaurant at Epcot that accommodate our little grand gathering unless we did another prepaid meal like you have already done for Illuminations Or broke our happy little band up between several restaurants. If that is not to everyones liking then woukd put us at CS place for lunch. I am not sure about capacity but about the best place I could think of would be the Liberty Inn in America or the Electric Umbrella in Future World due to a pretty basic hamburger, hot dog style menu.

brkgnews

The Land would also have the lunch capacity we'd need. Perhaps they'd reserve one of the four season seating areas for us?

EpcotServo

How about for lunch we just have everyone who eats at The Land go there, and for everyone who likes cheaper-not-as-fancy food, can go to Electric Umbrella. That way we wouldn't all crowd one place. Then we can just meet back somewhere at sometime. I think that'd work fine.

brkgnews

Bottom line is we're gonna fark whatever attraction/location we visit. 200 people dumping into Figment's queue all at once, etc, are bound to cause a few issues that no neon-shirt-wearing-orange-pennant-toting-line-breaking tour group could even dream of! :lol:

jasondiff

I would just like to be first in line on one attraction.

"How many in your party sir?"
"193."
":eek: "

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:
Actually I'd settle for just being near the front close enough to see the look on the CM's face!

Dessert Party Signup link is the second link in my sig. (I'm trying to get at least one post every couple of days so people who haven't signed up yet don't have to go back several pages to find the link.)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is going to be freakin' priceless I tell ya!!!! Belle
Hey Marie, we could give you the honor of trying to make the dinning reservations.

"Hello Disney dinning. I would like to make and ADR for 200 at Le Cellier at 12:00 on 10/1/7. Yes I'm serious. What do you mean your booked up!? Don't you know who I am!? Hello?.....":ROFLOL:

wannabeBelle

I think Dining would fall over if I attempted to do that one!!!! I wonder if Le Cell actually even holds 200?? Anyhow At one point during the day we HAVE to do the whole how many in your party, 193 thing!!!! I think that would be fabulous!!!! Belle

Jekyll_Baker

Bottom line is we're gonna fark whatever attraction/location we visit. 200 people dumping into Figment's queue all at once, etc, are bound to cause a few issues that no neon-shirt-wearing-orange-pennant-toting-line-breaking tour group could even dream of! :lol:

Yeah, but wouldn't it be fun to find a Brazilian tour group in a queue and have our group of 200 break in front of them?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think Dining would fall over if I attempted to do that one!!!! I wonder if Le Cell actually even holds 200?? Anyhow At one point during the day we HAVE to do the whole how many in your party, 193 thing!!!! I think that would be fabulous!!!! Belle
We definitely need to get that on video.

brusoe

we will be there not cause of the anniversary but because its the beginning of our honeymooon! hope to see you all there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom