Fantasyland expasion phase III - move IASW????

DaGoof00

I've seen her referred to as Little Leota online more times than I can count. Wiki offers this, for what it's worth:

"Madame Leota has a daughter, Little Leota, who can be seen at the end of the rides."

Whoever she is, she's creepy and I dig her!

I have trouble believing anything on wikipedia... but i'm an academic and have found so many falsities "published" on that website, it's rare I use it or believe anything on it. I always thought it was Constance at the end

EPCOT Explorer

I've seen her referred to as Little Leota online more times than I can count. Wiki offers this, for what it's worth:

"Madame Leota has a daughter, Little Leota, who can be seen at the end of the rides."

The projection and the wind effect still entrance me to this day. :lol: :eek: I would ride just for that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Huh? That`s right. Little Leo is on the beam above the Omnis in the crypt, Constance is in the attic.

imagineer boy

subjective i guess. but also subjective in whether certain attractions need a storyline. IMO rides like Space and Thunder dont really need a storyline even though they have a backstory. HM and Pirates do have a storyline (albeit a loose one, though with the timeline of when the Story and Song of the Haunted Mansion was recorded and released prior to the opening of DLs HM, I still hold that that is the official story). The degree to how Dinosaur and Indy are done, I think those rides really do need an active storyline with the speed at which they progress and the way those rides are disigned. With HM and Pirates you have the luxuary of traveling at a leisurely pace in which to take in a whole lot more than you do with Dinosaur and Indy.

Also IMO, while it's nice to see some of the effects from the Indy Trilogy used in the ride as mentioned with the boulder and running through the darts, those are nothing more than just effects, they don't tie together a story. I feel like they simply just put in what everyone thinks when they think of Indy...Boulder, Darts, Snakes, dark forgotteness.

I really think we should just agree to disagree on this one.

Um, I really have to disagree here. They're not effects, they tie into the story quite well. Basically you've been sucked into the gates of doom because you looked into the eyes of mara. All the traps and encounters are what you face when trying to escape from the temple. Its no different than encountering dinosaurs in Dinosaur. :shrug:

fyn

I have trouble believing anything on wikipedia... but i'm an academic and have found so many falsities "published" on that website, it's rare I use it or believe anything on it. I always thought it was Constance at the end

http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/news/2005/12/69844

You really can trust the vast majority of information on Wikipedia. I know anecdotal experiences can reinforce a person's skepticism (and skepticism is a good thing, especially for academics), but a study published in the science journal "Nature" concluded that Wikipedia is about as accurate as the Encyclopedia Britannica on science topics.

You may return to your regularly scheduled thread.

Wilt Dasney

http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/news/2005/12/69844

You really can trust the vast majority of information on Wikipedia. I know anecdotal experiences can reinforce a person's skepticism (and skepticism is a good thing, especially for academics), but a study published in the science journal "Nature" concluded that Wikipedia is about as accurate as the Encyclopedia Britannica on science topics.

You may return to your regularly scheduled thread.
I've always felt that the vast majority of what I found on Wiki was reliable, protests about the open format notwithstanding. Nice to know smart people have studied the issue.

devoy1701

I'll enumerate a bit more when I get home tonight and get to my books. :lol:

Looks like Constance, but she is referred to as Little Leota.

Awesome. :D LOVE it.

I had always thought you were brought to the Mansion to either buy it, or work in it, and upon seeing how crazy it is, try to find your way out. Is there any truth to that?

Well if you use the Story and Song story, then you approach the mansion to get out of a terrible rain storm (notice you hear a storm when you're outside in the queue...though it kind of looses it's effect when its a sunny FL day). When you get to the door it opens by itself (having a host greet you there loses some of that effect too but I guess that's a necessary evil to make sure the foyer fills up.

That seems so odd, i swear its the same face and dress as Constance...and having Constance there just seems to make more sense than Little Leota...

SirGoofy

Well if you use the Story and Song story, then you approach the mansion to get out of a terrible rain storm (notice you hear a storm when you're outside in the queue...though it kind of looses it's effect when its a sunny FL day). When you get to the door it opens by itself (having a host greet you there loses some of that effect too but I guess that's a necessary evil to make sure the foyer fills up.

The Song story was never meant to be anything more than merchandise. It's not part of the "canon".

That seems so odd, i swear its the same face and dress as Constance...and having Constance there just seems to make more sense than Little Leota...

Nope, same face as Leota, different voice. The model for Leota was someone who worked at WED(or the animation studio, I'm not exactly sure), but her voice was too sweet to put into the seance room, so instead she was given the role of Little Leota.:wave:

devoy1701

The Song story was never meant to be anything more than merchandise. It's not part of the "canon".

Since the Story rolled out a few months before the Haunted Mansion originally opened, I agree it was a tactic to increase the hype and promote the attraction...but that's what the Disneyland TV show did for the entire park too. What's wrong with that?

It fits remarkably well as far as I'm concerned and it goes very far to explain everything you see in the mansion. I think that it can give anyone who listens to it a greater appreciation for the mansion and the feeling of a complete story when so many people says it lacks one.

janoimagine

Nope, same face as Leota, different voice. The model for Leota was someone who worked at WED(or the animation studio, I'm not exactly sure), but her voice was too sweet to put into the seance room, so instead she was given the role of Little Leota.:wave:

It was Leota Ann Thomas, formerly Leota Toombs, hence the new addition of the gravestone outside.

Lee

Adventurer
That's not Leota, that's Constance at the end.
No. Constance is in the attic.

I've seen her referred to as Little Leota online more times than I can count.
Yes. She is called that.

Huh? That`s right. Little Leo is on the beam above the Omnis in the crypt, Constance is in the attic.
Correct as always.

However, the small figure ("Hurry back...hurry back...") at the end is officially referred to as the "Ghostess." Since she has Leota Toombs' face and voice, she has long been called "Little Leota" by guests and cast.

devoy1701

Yes. She is called that.

Correct as always.

However, the small figure ("Hurry back...hurry back...") at the end is officially referred to as the "Ghostess." Since she has Leota Toombs' face and voice, she has long been called "Little Leota" by guests and cast.

well i know she's in the attic...:p

EPCOT Explorer

So true. MVMCP Night, this past year was quite rainy, and windy, and made for a PERFECT HM experience. There was maybe 5 other people with us, and wow. If just meshed together so well. :lol:
What song story are we referring to? Grim GG?

Yes. She is called that.

Correct as always.

Never knew that, but it makes sense.

I gotta get that HM Book already...

devoy1701

So true. MVMCP Night, this past year was quite rainy, and windy, and made for a PERFECT HM experience. There was maybe 5 other people with us, and wow. If just meshed together so well. :lol:
What song story are we referring to? Grim GG?

Never knew that, but it makes sense.

I gotta get that HM Book already...

talking about "The Story and Song From the Haunted Mansion" from 1969, released prior to the opening of any and all Haunted Mansion Attractions. You can listen to it here (i think you can atleast, there's a button that says "play", though I have the track on my iPod...)

http://www.doombuggies.com/media_audio2.php

It's the first story mentioned on that page featuring Ron Howard and Thurl Ravencroft. Listening to this changed my ride experience completely! And the voice effect the Ghost Host has on this recording is crazy creepy! Preferably listen to it late at night in a dark room with the volume up very loud! It's fantastic.

EPCOT Explorer

talking about "The Story and Song From the Haunted Mansion" from 1969, released prior to the opening of any and all Haunted Mansion Attractions. You can listen to it here (i think you can atleast, there's a button that says "play", though I have the track on my iPod...)

http://www.doombuggies.com/media_audio2.php

It's the first story mentioned on that page featuring Ron Howard and Thurl Ravencroft. Listening to this changed my ride experience completely! And the voice effect the Ghost Host has on this recording is crazy creepy! Preferably listen to it late at night in a dark room with the volume up very loud! It's fantastic.
:eek::sohappy:

VERY Fantastic! Yeah, HM will never be the same. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom