Fantasyland expasion phase III - move IASW????

Figment632

Finally we agree on something this week. :lol:

Queue to exit, I think Indy is one of the best overall Disney attractions on the continent. I just don't see how Dinosaur compares.

lol it was bound to happen sometime :shrug:

Best queue to exit attraction it ToT of course...with HMs very close behind.

Have you been on Indy, imo far superior to both TOT and HM even though they are great as well.

the-reason14

lol it was bound to happen sometime :shrug:

Have you been on Indy, imo far superior to both TOT and HM even though they are great as well.

Yes Indy was/is an amazing attraction. I was amazed, now I know what people were talking about in comparison to Dinosaur. Its not like Dinosaur is a bad ride, its a good ride actually. Its just that Indy is a great ride.

EPCOT Explorer

I wish WDW had an outspoken fanbase.:lol:
We did. For about 2 seconds in December, when LoW Broke. :lol:

I think this is a WDWMagic idea, actually (and possibly other WDW fansites).

I had to stop going to Micechat because that fanbase was a little too "outspoken" for my taste. You think we know how to gripe? We're rank amateurs compared to those DL people. You'd think DL was Six Flags over Anaheim to read some of the stuff over there. :lol:

Seriously. Can't stand the MiceChat boards. Those people have great ideas, but are so harsh. Ugh. Hostile environment.

We heat up here, and all, but at least there's a mutual respect. There- no. You get yelled at. :lol:

Wilt Dasney

Thw whole sentence. The dark ride isn`t dead. It just dosn`t refer to it`s original description of an inside ride lit by UV light anymore.
Thanks for clarifying. I guess Monsters Inc. at DCA is an example of what purely story-based rides will be like now? Lots of AA's and a more wide open track layout?

sponono88

Indy's queue really took the idea of immersive queues to the next level. Maybe even too immersive - it's so long, by the time you get to the loading station you're way out of breath.

whenever we're discussing great queues, I never see Roger Rabbit's queue brought up! No love for that one? Most of the time you are rushed through it.. but it's so highly detailed, it's amazing. Everything from the courtyard and fountain outside, to the streets of ToonTown inside the queue.

Thanks for clarifying. I guess Monsters Inc. at DCA is an example of what purely story-based rides will be like now? Lots of AA's and a more wide open track layout?

I'm wondering this as well. Lee said that these type of dark rides were a thing of the past? Monsters Inc at DCA is sort of like a modern take on the old Fantasyland dark rides.

Wilt Dasney

If you want to look ahead,Little Mermaid will.:shrug:

Good point! Hadn't thought about that one.

whenever we're discussing great queues, I never see Roger Rabbit's queue brought up! No love for that one? Most of the time you are rushed through it.. but it's so highly detailed, it's amazing. Everything for the courtyard and fountain outside, to the streets of ToonTown inside the queue.

Does Fastpass bypass a lot of detail? I FP'ed that ride, and all I remember being impressed by were the license plates owned by different characters visible at load. I feel like I should have done standby just to see the rest. :lol:

sponono88

Does Fastpass bypass a lot of detail? I FP'ed that ride, and all I remember being impressed by were the license plates owned by different characters visible at load. I feel like I should have done standby just to see the rest. :lol:

yeah, I think FP takes you straight to the loading station :eek: the standby lines takes you through to the right side, into the queue before making its way back to the loading area.

ok, maybe not as great as seeing it in person.. but since you missed it you can see most of the queue in the beginning of this video.

[youtube]PsNrdWiqa5A[/youtube]

Figment632

yeah, I think FP takes you straight to the loading station :eek: the standby lines takes you through to the right side, into the queue before making its way back to the loading area.

ok, maybe not as great as seeing it in person.. but since you missed it you can see most of the queue in the beginning of this video.

No I did FP in may and they were merging the lines at the entrance to the temple.

SirGoofy

*Wants a real Toontown*

:cry:

Why couldn't FLE been this instead!?

Wilt Dasney

Thank you for posting that. If (nay, when) I make my triumphant return to DL, I think I'll wait on line for that ride just to see all that stuff.

*Wants a real Toontown*

:cry:

Why couldn't FLE been this instead!?

It's unfortunate that WDW never got a regular Toontown. Oddly enough, it seems like Imagineering was trying a bit too hard to tell a consistent story here. Since there can only be one "real" Toontown, WDW got the derivative vacation home/produce fair concept to keep the 'towns in separate narrative spheres.

(Never mind how the one true Mickey can appear in both Toontowns around the clock every day.) :lookaroun

TalkingHead

It's unfortunate that WDW never got a regular Toontown. Oddly enough, it seems like Imagineering was trying a bit too hard to tell a consistent story here. Since there can only be one "real" Toontown, WDW got the derivative vacation home/produce fair concept to keep the 'towns in separate narrative spheres.

(Never mind how the one true Mickey can appear in both Toontowns around the clock every day.) :lookaroun

Could be, except Tokyo also has a Toontown with all the bells and whistles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom