Fantasyland expasion phase III - move IASW????

_Scar

Can we start a WDWMagic movement to get SirGoofy out of trouble? Seriously!

Plus, it kinda sucks the first message you see on his page involves me saying Hitler... yikes! And editing it won't even work. sorry Goofy :/

Wilt Dasney

Can we start a WDWMagic movement to get SirGoofy out of trouble? Seriously!

I don't believe in trying to start a mutiny against a moderator's decisions, but I would say I hope SirGoofy has been given a fair and clear set of instructions that would allow him to become a completely included member of the forums sometime soon.

I don't know the whole story behind the sanctions, but based on the posts I've read, he seems like a thoughtful member with strong opinions, but a sense of respectfulness as well.

Without knowing more, that's all I'm willing to say.

EPCOT Explorer

I don't believe in trying to start a mutiny against a moderator's decisions, but I would say I hope SirGoofy has been given a fair and clear set of instructions that would allow him to become a completely included member of the forums sometime soon.

I don't know the whole story behind the sanctions, but based on the posts I've read, he seems like a thoughtful member with strong opinions, but a sense of respectfulness as well.

Without knowing more, that's all I'm willing to say.
A lot if the sanctions are readily available options in your CP.

No editing ability and a status of just "Member" are not.

Contact your local moderator for more information.

What they said. :wave:

Don't want to play Mod, of course, but I've never seen SirGoofy do anything save offer an opinion point blank.

krankenstein

Don't want to play Mod, of course, but I've never seen SirGoofy do anything save offer an opinion point blank.

Here's another vote for SirGoofy.

I'm not playing mod here, but I don't see a correlation between his activities and the sanctions against him when compared to other members who post the same way with a different opinion than his on Magic. :shrug:

jt04

What they said. :wave:

I get the feeling Steve knows something we don't know.

Look at all the stuff some of the more notorious banned posters did to earn their banishment. Steve is slow to to take such actions and it's never done haphazerdly.

And he does give people second chances. And sometimes, third, fourth and fifth chances. I think we should trust Steve and his mods. IMO.

BTW, I speak from experience.:lookaroun:lol:

DiPSU224

talking about "The Story and Song From the Haunted Mansion" from 1969, released prior to the opening of any and all Haunted Mansion Attractions. You can listen to it here (i think you can atleast, there's a button that says "play", though I have the track on my iPod...)

http://www.doombuggies.com/media_audio2.php

It's the first story mentioned on that page featuring Ron Howard and Thurl Ravencroft. Listening to this changed my ride experience completely! And the voice effect the Ghost Host has on this recording is crazy creepy! Preferably listen to it late at night in a dark room with the volume up very loud! It's fantastic.

Just listened to this. EPIC! So creepy!

I love this thread, BTW. How many fun different topics have springboarded out of that long forgotten IASW rumor? :lol:

That is why I have loved this forum for the past 7 years. So glad I kept up with this thread!

WDW Vacationer

Not trying to be a backseat moderator,but I hope SirGoofy gets all of these privleges back. I really think he deserves them.:wave: He is a great member of this site.

krankenstein

Look at all the stuff some of the more notorious banned posters did to earn their banishment. Steve is slow to to take such actions and it's never done haphazerdly.

And he does give people second chances. And sometimes, third, fourth and fifth chances. I think we should trust Steve and his mods. IMO.

BTW, I speak from experience.:lookaroun:lol:

You are one to talk after that rule breaking you did Friday night. :rolleyes:

SirGoofy

Thanks for the vote of confidence, everyone.:lol:

But I'm sure things will work out, no need to hijack a thread on my behalf.:wave:

MousDad

Once again, your feelings are imaginative, unfactual, and irritating.

Because if it ever gets to the point when people like goof (who should not be compared to previously banned members on any level) are out, and people like you are in, this site has a major, major problem.

devoy1701

Just listened to this. EPIC! So creepy!

That is why I have loved this forum for the past 7 years. So glad I kept up with this thread!

Glad I could share it with you! I'm sure you'll look at HM differently next time you ride it! It totally enhanced the ride experience for me!

jt04

Because if it ever gets to the point when people like goof (who should not be compared to previously banned members on any level) are out, and people like you are in, this site has a major, major problem.

Back on your high horse I see attempting to decide for everyone who is a good little contributor and who isn't. So, instead of just throwing out accusations, how about you be a bit specific next time as to where I have been "unfactual" etc? Challange me when I say something you deem is wrong. Just throwing out blanket insults is low class.

This is the best Disney forum on the net by far. It's why frustrated posters from other sites continually come here and not the other way around so much. Some of those sites even claim they are going to take over but they remain ghost towns.

This site won't ever have "major" problems because Steve runs a quality site. Period.

Now, back to the real world talk about Fantasyland. :)

Exprcoofto

Back on your high horse I see attempting to decide for everyone who is a good little contributor and who isn't. So, instead of just throwing out accusations, how about you be a bit specific next time as to where I have been "unfactual" etc? Challange me when I say something you deem is wrong. Just throwing out blanket insults is low class.

This is the best Disney forum on the net by far. It's why frustrated posters from other sites continually come here and not the other way around so much. Some of those sites even claim they are going to take over but they remain ghost towns.

This site won't ever have "major" problems because Steve runs a quality site. Period.

You're still here :lookaroun :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Post of the Year.:sohappy:

PROOF!?

That, and you continuously break rules, like you did on Friday night.

And you have nothing to comment on blanket accusations, high horses, or inciting mean remarks. You do it all the time.:wave:

Not that I care, I'm used to it. There's a difference and a fine line between debating and discussing and inciting. You frequently cross it.

PhantomX

I'm really saddened that Wonderland is being ignored in this Fantasyland refurb in favor of glorified advertisments for pricess merch and tinker bell direct to video dvds.

Alice in Wonderland, though a boxoffice bomb, has since gone on to become an iconic Disney classic in its own right. Wonderland itself has a huge fanbase of both guys and girls and from what I understand isn't too shabby in merchandising sales. Plus it has the new film from Tim Burton coming out to support it.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to do a full fledged Wonderland area similar to what they have in Paris or maybe even better rather than a tinker bell area? I mean they already have the mad tea party why not add the popular Alice ride from Disneyland or maybe create a new dark ride based on the Burton movie? Have the charecters from both the animated and live action in meet and greets around the area. Maybe even revive Mr.Toad with 1 track and stick it in the area (unrelated story I know but Mr.Toad looks like a wonderland denzen anyway and I think the rides are side by side in California). This area would have been way more of a crowd pleaser. Tinker Bell's demographic is an EXTREMLY small audiance (6-12 year old girls born in the 00s) and ten-twenty years from now these films will not be remembered as fondly as even the Disney afternoon programs such as Gargoyles, Darwing Duck, Ducktales, rescue rangers, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom