Fantasyland expasion phase III - move IASW????

the-reason14

But the thing is there isnt anything wrong with Iasw the way it is now. And I highly doubt they would move it after having a big refurb for it between 2004-05. Sure, its nowhere near as picturesque as the one in DL, but DL also has a better Pirates, should they change that too? And imo, I think the inside of Iasw in the MK looks better than the inside at DL. There are a few rooms or "continents" that look better in DL, but for the most part the inside looks better at the MK. Why "fix" what isn't "broken?"

Exprcoofto

My fault, I misread the post.:brick:

And for some reason, I actually like DL's new IASW.:shrug:

I like DL's new IASW too, more so than MK's. The thing about DL's IASW in general is how well the up keep is. This is most likely because it gets touched up several times a year with adding the holiday overlay on it. When I ride MK's I see peeling paint, missing ceiling tiles, occasional doll not moving, and many edges of the show scenes covered in dirt (primarily the areas that guests can reach from the edge of the boat). You don't see any of that in DL's.

Wilt Dasney

I don't mind the characters either...except maybe the Three Cabs. They look like they were plucked straight out of a cartoon.

The other characters really fit the aesthetic of the ride — blocky, doll-like, "wooden." I don't know if they add anything from an adult's perspective, but I've never understood all the complaints, except from a purely ideological stance.

SirGoofy

I don't mind the characters either...except maybe the Three Cabs. They look like they were plucked straight out of a cartoon.

The other characters really fit the aesthetic of the ride — blocky, doll-like, "wooden." I don't know if they add anything from an adult's perspective, but I've never understood all the complaints, except from a purely ideological stance.

I only have a problem with Stitch. He's not a cultural character at all.

Wilt Dasney

I only have a problem with Stitch. He's not a cultural character at all.
Yeah...but Lilo fits the area, so he's just along for the ride. It seems like a nice little compromise to keep the kiddos happy (and help people even recognize Lilo at all). She'd probably just look like another kid without the furball.

_Scar

I've heard it was a bit of a cluttered mess. Too much going on at one time in the scenes and music. :shrug:

IMO, I think iasw belongs untouched. Mary did a great job the first time.

WDW1974

A meet & greet with some sort of show element is, by definition, a glorified meet & greet.
Thats what Cinderella is. Glorified M&G. Having her fairy godmother show up and make her pretty before meeting the kids does not make it a show, and certainly not an attraction.

You say it, they don't hate you.

Martin says it, they don't hate him.

I say it ... ... I think I must be special!:)

krankenstein

Can we get back on topic! We are talking about what happens after the glorified foam head meets open! Geez! :rolleyes:

(I really can't believe this thread is still going. :dazzle:)

Exprcoofto

You say it, they don't hate you.

Martin says it, they don't hate him.

I say it ... ... I think I must be special!:)

I've seen an increase in people who've been agreeing with you compared to several months ago. Although people always seem to be more appreciative of Martin's or Lee's comments.

_Scar

It may not be an attraction to you, but I bet for most little girls it will be their most favorite attraction in the world... just food for thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom