Fantasyland expasion phase III - move IASW????

mitchjs

how about move it, and now there would be room to expand the Haunted Mansion Show building just connect it to the IASW building, and give me a SUPER sized graveyard
actually they always could have built HM show building bigger by going back towards the perimeter road...

just a thought :)

TP2000

And TDL gets a ton of rain and monsoons, but it uses the same facade. The main difference is there is still indoor loading.

Not really. Tokyo uses a very modified, truncated, and abbreviated version of the Anaheim facade. Tokyo's facade is more like WDW's newly rehabbed loading area, except its outdoors and it has no station or boats. You need to see it in person to realize how odd it is.

They made an attempt in Tokyo to not make the same mistake as WDW's facade for Small World. But it wasn't very succesful. It's one of the few missed opportunities or mistakes in Tokyo Disneyland; that and having Dumbo about 30 feet away from the Haunted Mansion. :rolleyes:

TP2000

When it opened in 2006 it was a beyond gloried Princess meet and greet. It had a small food location(renamed from the Fantasyland Theater)..

Don't forget, they tore down the old Enchanted Cottage (originally Yumz from the Videopolis facility circa 1985)....

FLTheaterSnacks_100806_AVP.jpg

and rebuilt a new snack bar there now called Troubadour Tavern in 2009. It's an improvement I think for the Fantasyland Theater...

IMG_1122.JPG

Forgive me my fascination with theme park snack bars! :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Aesthetics trump all else.
It's a huge part of it, yes, but I won't base the whole expansion around it, which is what they seem to be doing. Will it help? Yes. Will it be amazing? Yes. But it needs a bit more than that.

Needless to say, it's still going to be a big, and very good part of it. I'm very excited for it.
Whoever said the Skyway was nice over FL,I thought it looked HORRIBLE from anywhere in MK.

It looked horrible everywhere. :lol:

the-reason14

Agreed with everything! well maybe not the small world part as much:)

Princess Fantasy Faire was/still kinda is that(part in bold)

When it opened in 2006 it was a beyond gloried Princess meet and greet. It had a small food location(renamed from the Fantasyland Theater) arts and crafts, storytelling with a princess, and princess and knight training that was tied with the mini mini stage show, a merchandise area(dresses and hair braiding and face painting) and the Royal Walk(princess meet and greet)

Today Princess Fantasy Faire is sad sad shell of its former self only the Royal Walk. Some call it Princess Roulett as its random on which 3 princess you will meet Princess version of Minnie, Snow, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Ariel(Human version), Belle, and Tiana(Jasmine and Mulan have been relocated, Jasmine to Aladdin's Oassis and Mulan to Pacific Wharf with Mushu)

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't clarify to well what I meant. I think the DL IASW is wayyyyyy better than the one in WDW. I meant that it just looks like it is more of an afterthought because of its placement in FL being in the back and kinda hidden even though its a huge building. The WDW version is cohesively placed in the MK's FL and seems more like it was meant to be there whereas DL's you can tell came later after the park opened. But the one in DL is so much better its not even funny.

And I also think DL FL will continue to be better than the MK's even after this upgrade because its basically a pretty/scenic meet n greet with one new ride.

DisneyNut2007

I'm not going to judge the whole thing on RIDES. I will Judge it on attractions. Of which there are many.:wave:

Totally!

Many Disney elitists have yet to realize that...

1) Not every attraction has to be a ride-through.

2) Not everything has to be an E-Ticket.

If they can just learn to drop those highly-flawed mentalities, the online community and the entire world would be a much better place.

Wilt Dasney

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't clarify to well what I meant. I think the DL IASW is wayyyyyy better than the one in WDW. I meant that it just looks like it is more of an afterthought because of its placement in FL being in the back and kinda hidden even though its a huge building. The WDW version is cohesively placed in the MK's FL and seems more like it was meant to be there whereas DL's you can tell came later after the park opened. But the one in DL is so much better its not even funny.
I really like the placement of DL's IASW. I visited for the first time last year and made my way through the dark rides at the front of FL, not thinking any further than I could see in front of me.

Once I had ridden everything grouped together behind the castle, I thought I had wrapped up my "tour" of FL — then I came across that smiling clock tower tucked away in the back and had a great "Oh yeah!" moment. I had completely forgotten about IASW, but having it set off by itself made "discovering" it all the better.

I think the theme of the ride is unique enough that it deserves to dominate its own corner of the park, separate from Dumbo, Toad, Snow White and the rest. Even if it's an afterthought, that placement feels more "right" to me than having it as just another part of the mix at WDW.

nemofinder22

And I also think DL FL will continue to be better than the MK's even after this upgrade because its basically a pretty/scenic meet n greet with one new ride.

Oh ok! makes since, I see what you mean. I agree its kinda taken on its own mini land in a way in part thanks to the 3 Light Magic projection towers but I think overall it works for the park and overall look of Fantasyland. It does make great use during the fireworks and during iaswh with the projections.

the-reason14

I really like the placement of DL's IASW. I visited for the first time last year and made my way through the dark rides at the front of FL, not thinking any further than I could see in front of me.

Once I had ridden everything grouped together behind the castle, I thought I had wrapped up my "tour" of FL — then I came across that smiling clock tower tucked away in the back and had a great "Oh yeah!" moment. I had completely forgotten about IASW, but having it set off by itself made "discovering" it all the better.

I think the theme of the ride is unique enough that it deserves to dominate its own corner of the park, separate from Dumbo, Toad, Snow White and the rest. Even if it's an afterthought, that placement feels more "right" to me than having it as just another part of the mix at WDW.

I see what you're saying, and I had several of those "Oh yea!" moments on my first visit too lol. DL really is incredible.

Ignohippo

I thought you folks were absolutely nuts – nothing in the article says anything specific about IASW – until I read this new disclaimer:

"NOTE: This articles has been edited since its original publication because of unclear language and rumors that needed more support."

It appears the original article was BS and has been edited heavily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom