Fantasyland expasion phase III - move IASW????

krankenstein

An animated facade for Gepetto's workshop/toy store.

Thank you, thank you very much!

I should be getting paid for this. Pure gold. :D

I like that, but you would end up with the same situation. People would be complaining that it isn't DL facade, even though it would work a thousand times better in our FL.

Good idea jt!

cdunbar

I actually like it! You would theme the entrance to be his workshop/store (which would fit the look of FL), but include animated figures in the windows and such. The queue could even be interactive. I actually think it would work.

Shocking, I know! :lol:
Yeah, yeah it is! :lol:

krankenstein

You know what? It doesn't. But it's the biggest exception out there. It just fits the feel of the land. It's Disney. All that matters, really.

Kind of like Fantasmic being in New Orleans in DL, too. It' just happens.

People accept it because Walt did it in DL. If it wasn't out west and wanted to actually do this in Florida now, people would be fussing about it not fitting. :lol:

Basically people will accept anything they like/want/know. If they liked SGE, it wouldn't be a problem.

WDW Vacationer

You know what? It doesn't. But it's the biggest exception out there. It just fits the feel of the land. It's Disney. All that matters, really.

Kind of like Fantasmic being in New Orleans in DL, too. It just happens.

There should never be exceptions to the rule. I don't care how grand the facade is,or if Walt put it up.

I like JT's idea.

EPCOT Explorer

People accept it because Walt did it in DL. If it wasn't out west and wanted to actually do this in Florida now, people would be fussing about it not fitting. :lol:

Basically people will accept anything they like/want/know. If they liked SGE, it wouldn't be a problem.

Exactly. No reason not to do it here, it's part of the History and Culture surrounding the ride and Mary Blair's art style.

_Scar

I agree.

Anyone think it's ironic the attraction about world peace and getting along is in Fantasyland? Was this intentional? :shrug:

Wilt Dasney

I don't feel like IASW at DL wrecks the FL theme, for the same reason I talked about earlier: It isn't part of the "welcome to storybook Europe" lineup you find behind the castle, where all the other dark rides are smooshed together. Similar to the Matterhorn, IASW imposes its own theme on its little corner of DL FL. I don't feel it's out of place at all, but part of the reason lies in its physical separateness.

The fact that the MK version is part of "the lineup" is probably an argument for giving it a more conformist exterior. It's still a great little ride, either way.

Ignohippo

EpcotFanForever: Brilliant markup!

In all reality, the first 2/3 of the load building is for the line/queue. So, you could tear down the first 2/3 of the load building, use Pinnochio's FestHaus as a new queue (with stairs leading to the loading platform like TSMM) and build a new facade that would inclose the load area and then wrap around and inclose the queue.

Since you could use existing buildings, would it really cost that much?

It would be amazing to walk through the castle an see the IASW facade to your left. whe you think about it, they would have just as much room as DL in front of it, blocked only partially by the carousel and the new FLE wall.

imagineer boy

For a new IASW facade, what if you had a Mary Blair-esque design combined with the European village look? I think that would be pretty cool looking.

jt04

If you look at it too cut and dry like that, things like IASW, Fantasmic, or even Firework shows can't happen. There needs to be some wiggle room.

But in this case it's not necessary as the theme would fit the backstory so well. These are timeless themes and stories so Disney can lock them into the backstory without worrying they will become obsolete. Phiharmagic could be themed to a music store as someone once suggested. They posted some amazing artwork (DLP concept) that would work perfectly. The entire "street" could be themed to a marketplace. I'm not sure what "storefront" could best fit PPF howver. I'll try to find the artwork of the music store and post it here.

SirGoofy

But in this case it's not necessary as the theme would fit the backstory so well. These are timeless themes and stories so Disney can lock them into the backstory without worrying they will become obsolete. Phiharmagic could be themed to a music store as someone once suggested. They posted some amazing artwork (DLP concept) that would work perfectly. The entire "street" could be themed to a marketplace. I'm not sure what "storefront" could best fit PPF howver. I'll try to find the artwork of the music store and post it here.

Or they could just theme Philhar to the castle's show room/concert hall.:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom