Fantasyland expasion phase III - move IASW????

sponono88

I've heard it was a bit of a cluttered mess. Too much going on at one time in the scenes and music. :shrug:

IMO, I think iasw belongs untouched. Mary did a great job the first time.

no, I believe that complaint was brought up during the seasonal overlay, when some of the Disney tunes interfered with the holiday soundtrack. The regular IASW looks great with the new characters, they blend in well and the music is very subtle. i don't think it's a cluttered mess as you describe it.

_Scar

no, I believe that complaint was brought up during the seasonal overlay, when some of the Disney tunes interfered with the holiday soundtrack. The regular IASW looks great with the new characters, they blend in well and the music is very subtle. i don't think it's a cluttered mess as you describe it.

My aunt told me and she went a few months ago around October :shrug:

Doesn't change that they are glorified meet and greets... just food for thought.

They seem above and beyond what a typical meet and greet is. So glorified, yes. But majorly glorified imo.

EPCOT Explorer

It's a waste of space and money that could've been used for actual attractions themed to a village with aesthetics. :shrug:

Won't disagree, but I will say that it's at least a step forward and something to look forward too. I'd rather take this than being stuck with TTF which was just getting tired.

krankenstein

You have a right to your opinion.

I wonder if you asked the average vacationing family if they consider it worthy of being on the park map what they would say... because, ya know, it IS for the kids.

I think if you gave most guests the options between glorified meet and greets and actual ride through attractions, they would pick the rides. After all, Walt wanted his parks to be for everyone, not just kids. :rolleyes:

I know you want to indulge in some princess meet and greets, but some of us expect the best product possible. This is a good step, but not the best step it could be. :shrug:

Won't disagree, but I will say that it's at least a step forward and something to look forward too. I'd rather take this than being stuck with TTF which was just getting tired.

Agreed, but it isn't what it could/should be.

the-reason14

All if this is true, but another way I look at is DL has to have something unique and special about it. The better fantasyland, and a few better versions of the rides is a good thing because if the MK had everything exactly like DL then there wouldnt be much of a desire to go there. DL is just two parks whereas WDW is 4 and much more. So let DL keep its superior fantasyland with rides so that we all will want to go there for that. :shrug:I guess. :lookaroun

TP2000

At DL, IASW is a destination. I've always thought IASW at MK was a completely wasted opportunity and a shame. Moving the queue to the side (where Pinnochio's FestHaus is now) and then tearing down the existing queue house so that the facade could be outdoors, and as grand as it's LA counterpart, would be incredible.

As the current facade would need to be rebuilt to withstand the elements, they could also put the loading docks inside the new facade so the weather wouldn't be an issue for loading.

The problem is that WDW's Small World doesn't have Disneyland's huge mall area stretching in front of the ride. The Small World Mall at Disneyland really plays up the overall facade and creates that miniland in the back of Fantasyland.
DLP%20Small%20World%2001.jpg

At WDW, Small World is tucked inside a building along a busy but not very wide pathway. You just aren't going to get the same sense of grandeur and popping visuals by uncovering the queue and rearranging the existing facilities in their current spots at WDW. Ironically, there just isn't as much room at WDW as there is at Disneyland.
it%27s%20a%20small%20world%2001.jpg

EpcotFanForever

Some thoughts...

Here is a comparison of IASW at DL and WDW to the same scale. DL has been rotated to align with the WDW version.

8OB8j.jpg

wjVoU.jpg

Some comparisons:

1) Both show buildings are roughly the same size, with an add-on to DL to get inside the berm. The train runs in front of the facade.

2) The load areas are roughly the same size, with one indoors and one outdoors.

3) The DL facade takes-up very little space.

4) The cramped walkway in WDW in front of the load building is claustrophobic .

Some speculation:

1) Space for a plaza and facade opens-up soon in WDW.

2) The blue area in WDW is over utilidors, so it can't be the load area.

3) The current load area could be enclosed, reduced in size, and even have part of the plaza extend over it. Think of ramps coming down from the windows in the Pinnochio restaurant.

4) With some rearrangement, the impact of the DL version could be replicated.

Of course this is all speculation, but it is not as outlandish as some might think.

krankenstein

See it doesn't that's why I don't see them moving it, now if they want to tear down those godforsaken tents and give it a village esque front I'd be happy! :lol:

Exactly! The current theming works even if it is not the prettiest or best looking version. I actually think ours does a better job of fitting into the land than the others.

If aesthetics are as importance as everyone keeps saying, it would seem that they would want the version that fits in the best instead of an obviously intrusive version that would destroy the theming of the castle courtyard area. :shrug:

cdunbar

Exactly! The current theming works even if it is not the prettiest or best looking version. I actually think ours does a better job of fitting into the land than the others.

If aesthetics are as importance as everyone keeps saying, it would seem that they would want the version that fits in the best instead of an obviously intrusive version that would destroy the theming of the castle courtyard area. :shrug:
Yeah if you're going to do this whole castle wall thing too than you are going to have to make it look like a peasent village out there with the thatched roofs, the brown wooden buildings with the beige details which it looks like from the pics I've seen they are, but putting DL versions of IASW would look terrible IMO...:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom