Fantasyland expasion phase III - move IASW????

TP2000

I see what you're saying, and I had several of those "Oh yea!" moments on my first visit too lol. DL really is incredible.

Yeah, Disneyland is world famous for a reason. :)

I think it's very telling that they only tried the "hole in the wall" facade entrance at WDW. By the time they were planning Tokyo Disneyland in the late 70's, they'd gone back to a specific building and facade for Small World, based heavily on Disneyland.

They've repeated the original Disneyland facade format three times now; Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong, with varying degrees of success (Tokyo's the least succesful). Disneyland's original version from 1966 is still the winner. But they've never tried to recreate the 1971 WDW version of the Small World entrance/facade in other parks. That's telling.

Ignohippo

Still...having grown up going to DL every summer and then going to MK for the first time 10 years ago (I know go once every few weeks), I was very much struck by how unimpressive IASW is at MK.

At DL, IASW is a destination. I've always thought IASW at MK was a completely wasted opportunity and a shame. Moving the queue to the side (where Pinnochio's FestHaus is now) and then tearing down the existing queue house so that the facade could be outdoors, and as grand as it's LA counterpart, would be incredible.

As the current facade would need to be rebuilt to withstand the elements, they could also put the loading docks inside the new facade so the weather wouldn't be an issue for loading.

For those folks complaining about the fact that money should be spent on "NEW" attractions, the FLE is about fixing the wrongs of the past and building a FL that will be the foundation for the future of the Magic Kingdom that will be enjoyed for generations to come.

Lord Pheonix

idk what the big debate is about between this expansion and "new" attractions. this is both. were not getting 1 new attraction, were getting several. i think this is a great idea, much better then building just one new attraction. personally, i think toontown fair is stupid, (the only part i like is the great train viewing spot to the left of the station along the "secret" walkway.) and its about time they used that huge empty spot where 20k used to be, (its sad to see it from google earth). what i cant wait to see, (as i said in a previous post) what their going to put into the vacated attraction buildings that are getting their own new areas in the new fantasyland.

i still say mr toad, lol

EPCOT Explorer

I thought you folks were absolutely nuts – nothing in the article says anything specific about IASW – until I read this new disclaimer:

"NOTE: This articles has been edited since its original publication because of unclear language and rumors that needed more support."

It appears the original article was BS and has been edited heavily.
:ROFLOL:

I wonder how soon that came after reading this thread. :D

Yeah, Disneyland is world famous for a reason. :)

I think it's very telling that they only tried the "hole in the wall" facade entrance at WDW. By the time they were planning Tokyo Disneyland in the late 70's, they'd gone back to a specific building and facade for Small World, based heavily on Disneyland.

They've repeated the original Disneyland facade format three times now; Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong, with varying degrees of success (Tokyo's the least succesful). Disneyland's original version from 1966 is still the winner. But they've never tried to recreate the 1971 WDW version of the Small World entrance/facade in other parks. That's telling.

Hole in the Wall....Ugh. :lol: I will never fathom why they put it in such a bland facade when every other IASW sparkles and is the perfect example of FL Whimsy.

Bad, TDO'71, Bad.:mad: :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
were not getting 1 new attraction, were getting several
Huh? Aerials Undersea adventures is the only attraction being built. You can`t call glorified meet n greets an attraction. Nor a second Dumbo.

There is a slim chance another small attraction could be built for phase 2 but don`t hold your breath.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Wow there's a lot of useless commentary here.

These are my thoughts,

For a long time I've considered the major bottleneck between Peter Pan and IASW to be a major headache. I worked as a contractor during the holidays and my job was partially to walk through the parks all day...

I've been through that bottleneck more times than I can count, and that's just now...without any, you know, MASSIVE expansion happening with Fantasyland coming where even more people will be (hopefully for Disney) going there in droves...with strollers and kids in tow.

I think it is possible to at least modify the entrance to IASW as it's quite easily done in the grand scheme of things. Peter Pan is stuck, it can't be moved or modified really.

jt04

Still...having grown up going to DL every summer and then going to MK for the first time 10 years ago (I know go once every few weeks), I was very much struck by how unimpressive IASW is at MK.

At DL, IASW is a destination. I've always thought IASW at MK was a completely wasted opportunity and a shame. Moving the queue to the side (where Pinnochio's FestHaus is now) and then tearing down the existing queue house so that the facade could be outdoors, and as grand as it's LA counterpart, would be incredible.

As the current facade would need to be rebuilt to withstand the elements, they could also put the loading docks inside the new facade so the weather wouldn't be an issue for loading.

For those folks complaining about the fact that money should be spent on "NEW" attractions, the FLE is about fixing the wrongs of the past and building a FL that will be the foundation for the future of the Magic Kingdom that will be enjoyed for generations to come.

Well said.

EPCOT Explorer

Huh? Aerials Undersea adventures is the only attraction being built. You can`t call glorified meet n greets an attraction. Nor a second Dumbo.

There is a slim chance another small attraction could be built for phase 2 but don`t hold your breath.

What if they turn out to be more than that? Cinderella's sounds like a show.

Hoping for the Slim Chance...:eek: As always. :lol:

Lee

Adventurer
What if they turn out to be more than that? Cinderella's sounds like a show.
A meet & greet with some sort of show element is, by definition, a glorified meet & greet.
Thats what Cinderella is. Glorified M&G. Having her fairy godmother show up and make her pretty before meeting the kids does not make it a show, and certainly not an attraction.

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 39

EPCOT Explorer

A meet & greet with some sort of show element is, by definition, a glorified meet & greet.
Thats what Cinderella is. Glorified M&G. Having her fairy godmother show up and make her pretty before meeting the kids does not make it a show, and certainly not an attraction.

I guess. :shrug: :lol:

It's a shame it's NOT a show instead...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom