Expedition Everest effects status watch

IROC it

Yep... back on 8/8 or 8/9 (can't remember right now)... no bird at top, no movement, just strobe and eyes... one waterfall... projection was there...

I actually didn't look up (front row) but I saw the strobe flashing, my wife said he was just there... she thought he swiped, but that is inconsistent with the strobe function.:shrug:

dizzbuff

Well, rode EE twice yesterday (9/5) and still no smoke effect at boarding. The waterfall facing the front right is still working but not the second waterfall. The bird makes ''noises'' but still no sign of ''him''. Now..for the best part though....well kinda good news. Yeti's hand moved!! His arm is stationary but his hand does that ''swatting'' movement that it would do when in full movement motion. He did ''roar'' too. There have been times we have rode EE and there was no roar when passed him, only at the part where the shadow of Yeti appears. I did ask a CM and her response was basically Yeti has attitude and they never know when he is going to work. :ROFLOL::shrug:

Unomas

Well I rode this ride for the first time a couple weeks ago. So I wasn't sure what to expect as I had avoided all spoiler threads such as this one. But one thing I was expecting was the yeti to be more visible. My mother missed him completely the first time we rode it. To me he needs more light on him. The strobe just isn't scary enough. It seems like a tease, and not a good tease.

krankenstein

Well I rode this ride for the first time a couple weeks ago. So I wasn't sure what to expect as I had avoided all spoiler threads such as this one. But one thing I was expecting was the yeti to be more visible. My mother missed him completely the first time we rode it. To me he needs more light on him. The strobe just isn't scary enough. It seems like a tease, and not a good tease.

If he was fixed :)fork:), the how lighting makes is a lot brighter than the stupid strobe.

Main Street USA

Basically, if anyone rides this and thought he might have moved, then he didn't move. If he's moving in anything close to A mode, the movement is obvious. One isn't mistakable for the other.

Well, rode EE twice yesterday (9/5) and still no smoke effect at boarding. The waterfall facing the front right is still working but not the second waterfall. The bird makes ''noises'' but still no sign of ''him''. Now..for the best part though....well kinda good news. Yeti's hand moved!! His arm is stationary but his hand does that ''swatting'' movement that it would do when in full movement motion. He did ''roar'' too. There have been times we have rode EE and there was no roar when passed him, only at the part where the shadow of Yeti appears. I did ask a CM and her response was basically Yeti has attitude and they never know when he is going to work. :ROFLOL::shrug:

We rode on the same day, and saw the same things as you. Now, with that said....the previous years "B" mode yeti was hardly visible. This time however, we saw some small hand movement just like you said. The big difference from previous years was the lights were on and you could actually clearly see the Yeti. But I guess the question is, is this considered the new A mode? Or is this just a better B mode that we saw?

dizzbuff

I'm not sure anymore cuz before when he was totally working....in the true ''A'' mode....he was ''lit'' up....full movement....roared and scared the crud out of me. Now, with this ''swatting'' motion....could that be the "B" mode I have read about?:shrug: We are going to the parks tomorrow (9/12) will ride again and see if any changes. I miss the old big furry guy working in full mode. I miss that goofy old bird and really miss the steam.:ROFLOL:

King Mickey

when i rode everest the steam was working fine but the bird was missing. (my friend said he stole it!) but i didn't see the waterfall either. they need to get the everest act together and get those things working and fix the yeti. B-mode sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew54

So what is going on with the yeti? I mean there was a thread that the yeti was fixed awhile back. But that obviously was too good to be true. So has Disney actualy announced anything about what is going on? B mode is horrible. :(

SirGoofy

So what is going on with the yeti? I mean there was a thread that the yeti was fixed awhile back. But that obviously was too good to be true. So has Disney actualy announced anything about what is going on? B mode is horrible. :(

They are working on him, last I heard.

Disney will never announced what's going on, because everyday guests have no idea it's broken. Sad, but true.

SinginSarah

In order to announce they're fixing him, they have to announce that he's been broken for most of the time the ride has been there. If they did that, attendance at DAK would probably go down and they don't want to risk that, especially if they're closing down half of MK in the near-ish future. Rather let people think he's working and come out of the ride saying "That was it?"

dizzbuff

yeti in mode worse than "B"

Poor thing. He was just ''there'' ..no eyes shining...fur flowing though....I think he roared. Too many folks screaming...lol.... no movement what so ever. The waterfall still flowing. No steam, no smoke on top of the trains or effects. Wait time was great though. Basically, walk on.
Mr. Yeti needs some serious TLC

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
In order to announce they're fixing him, they have to announce that he's been broken for most of the time the ride has been there. If they did that, attendance at DAK would probably go down and they don't want to risk that, especially if they're closing down half of MK in the near-ish future. Rather let people think he's working and come out of the ride saying "That was it?"

OMG there closing down the Magic Kingdom? :eek:

EvilQueen-T

so is expedition everest going to undergo an overhaul any time soon? it's pitiful that they can't get the newest coaster to work as it should... makes you wonder how long it will be before something else on it breaks causing someone to get hurt.

and yes part of the mk will be closed...there are several threads on the new fantasyland expected to open sometime in 2013. i personally haven't heard when the changes will start affecting exsisting rides etc... yet. i'd hate to be there especially if you travel with little ones and have a majority of that area closed...it would be like a bad monster movie in stroller screaming toddler mom hell.

Shere_Khan

Last week when we were there we asked a cast member if the Yeti was lit up and she said "it depends on which train you get."

Thinking this was a load of crap to make me think that I just boarded the wrong train everytime, I asked another CM.
Who said NO, rather aggressively.
She must get that question alot.

SirGoofy

smakes you wonder how long it will be before something else on it breaks causing someone to get hurt.

Nothing is that wrong with it. Not even close.

and yes part of the mk will be closed...there are several threads on the new fantasyland expected to open sometime in 2013. i personally haven't heard when the changes will start affecting exsisting rides etc... yet. i'd hate to be there especially if you travel with little ones and have a majority of that area closed...it would be like a bad monster movie in stroller screaming toddler mom hell.

Nothing in FL will close. This is an expansion, not a reworking. Dumbo will close for a short period of time but other than that none of the original FL attractions will close.

Guests will not be affected by this change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom