Premium Member
Everest update for Sept. 23, provided by text message from Martin:
No steam from the trains.:mad:
No mist from the peak.:mad:
No side waterfall.:mad:
Front waterfall working.:D
Projection working.:D
Yeti in the modified, semi-A mode.:sohappy:
Could you give us a description of the modified A mode when compared to the original version?

PhilharMagician

I still do not understand the reasons why a waterfall cannot work. Either the pump failed or a leak. Either of these issues should be a quick fix for maintenance. This does not seem to be a highly technical issue!

The steam not working in the summer I understand because of the heat, but why not replace it with Cyyogenic N2 for the single blast it makes?

Need details on Semi-A mode!

Lee

Adventurer
Could you give us a description of the modified A mode when compared to the original version?
I haven't seen it, and Martin didn't go into any detail in his text.
Someone posted a description here on the boards.
As I understand it, the Yeti is moving but not like in A mode.
Maybe just turning his head and waving his arm.

Philharmagician said:
I still do not understand the reasons why a waterfall cannot work. Either the pump failed or a leak. Either of these issues should be a quick fix for maintenance. This does not seem to be a highly technical issue!

The steam not working in the summer I understand because of the heat, but why not replace it with Cyyogenic N2 for the single blast it makes?
Agreed on all points.
There is NO reason, other than money, that ALL the effects on EE aren't working....including the mist in the ice caves.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I haven't seen it, and Martin didn't go into any detail in his text.
Someone posted a description here on the boards.
As I understand it, the Yeti is moving but not like in A mode.
Maybe just turning his head and waving his arm.
Well hopefully I will find out when I am there on Sunday.

EpcotServo

Need details on Semi-A mode!
Agreed on all points.
There is NO reason, other than money, that ALL the effects on EE aren't working....including the mist in the ice caves.

The reason Waterfall B is never working is because they kept cannibalizing parts to keep Waterfall A up and running. The reason it STILL isn't working is I imagine at this point they just spend the money to order parts for JUST Waterfall A.

The Mist in the caverns, like I said, is never coming back. It's all dead. Water lines cut.

The Steam should work BETTER the Humid it is, so I won't chalk that up as an excuse...All I can imagine is that to keep under the level they've lowered the pressure of what comes out, so that way it stays nominal all the time, since after all it's the most dangerous part of the attraction.

And there's no way to do that, nowhere to fit all that fog equipment under the track, it's taken up by the Steam Equipment that pipes underhground and then back up the boiler.

Personally, I'm hoping for Winter. It always runs better in Winter...

T-1MILLION

Due to money. That's all it was.
No reason they could not have solved the issues with that mist...other than not wanting to write a check.:rolleyes:

That is exactly what it is.

Look at systems like they purchased for pirates. Thin enough fog but full enough to put a projection on...and no moisture to the touch.

Its always a funding thing.

Andrew54

Awesome! Thanks for the post Lee, Im excited to see he is in atleast the semi A-mode. Hang in there Yeti Ill be there in December!

EpcotServo

Due to money. That's all it was.
No reason they could not have solved the issues with that mist...other than not wanting to write a check.:rolleyes:

In my opinion there was nothing wrong, I blame the jumpy management guy who saw non-critical metal rusting.

If he was in your side of Disney Management, go find him and give em' a what fur for me. I miss Mist.

:fork:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well, Master Yoda? Inquiring minds (with a fast approaching trip) wanna know! :)

How'd it go, did he wave at you?
He did not. The only two effects working when I rode on 9/27/2009 were the front waterfall and the projection. Even the freaking camera that takes your picture at the drop was not working.

IMHO E:E is an embarrassment. There are so many effects not working on that attraction that it is easier to list what is working vs. what is not and there is no excuse for an attraction that young to be in such bad shape. Right now it might as well be an un-themed coaster at Wild Adventurers. Disney needs to simply bite the bullet and shut the thing down for the month of January 2010 and fix the numerous things wrong with this attraction.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
He did not. The only two effects working when I rode on 9/27/2009 were the front waterfall and the projection. Even the freaking camera that takes your picture at the drop was not working.

IMHO E:E is an embarrassment. There are so many effects not working on that attraction that it is easier to list what is working vs. what is not and there is no excuse for an attraction that young to be in such bad shape. Right now it might as well be an un-themed coaster at Wild Adventurers. Disney needs to simply bite the bullet and shut the thing down for the month of January 2010 and fix the numerous things wrong with this attraction.

Couldn't agree more.
There are now people that have been to AK over a period of YEARS and have never seen it working properly.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Couldn't agree more.
There are now people that have been to AK over a period of YEARS and have never seen it working properly.
That is incredibly sad but it is the risk they took when they hung bet the farm on one huge effect vs dozens of little ones. On BTMRR people can look past one of the bat spinners, a rock, or a possum not working because there are dozens of other things going on. But with E:E the Yeti is the big pay off. To have not only him but nearly every other effect not working is absolutely pathetic. I would expect this from a traveling fair but not Disney. Disney took a risk gambling on one big effect and they lost. They need to pay up and fix it. If they would simply be honest with the public and tell them why AK's premier attraction is down for a month I have a feeling 90% of them would understand.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
That is incredibly sad but it is the risk they took when they hung bet the farm on one huge effect vs dozens of little ones. On BTMRR people can look past one of the bat spinners, a rock, or a possum not working because there are dozens of other things going on. But with E:E the Yeti is the big pay off. To have not only him but nearly every other effect not working is absolutely pathetic. I would expect this from a traveling fair but not Disney. Disney took a risk gambling on one big effect and they lost. They need to pay up and fix it. If they would simply be honest with the public and tell them why AK's premier attraction is down for a month I have a feeling 90% of them would understand.

Yep agreed. There were a lot of maintenance concerns with Everest during the design phase, but they were mostly to do with the actual mountain itself. You wonder if besides the Yeti we'll start getting other issues.

Atomicmickey

Well, yeesh. That's sobering, but thanks for reporting in.

Seems like a roll of the unlucky dice as to whether he does anything.
Maybe a couple days out of the month or something. Grrrr.

Nope, never seen him do his thing.:mad:

I can't find anything--does anyone know of a good youtube video of the yeti actually working?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well, yeesh. That's sobering, but thanks for reporting in.

Seems like a roll of the unlucky dice as to whether he does anything.
Maybe a couple days out of the month or something. Grrrr.

Nope, never seen him do his thing.:mad:

I can't find anything--does anyone know of a good youtube video of the yeti actually working?
This one is not bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRhrg5rx2-8&feature=fvst

This one is much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaCKexzMSXc&feature=related

You might get lucky and see him in the modified A-mode.

Atomicmickey

Thanks! You know, I just got to thinkin'.

Why, if he's not going to move, and they're just going to strobe him,
wouldn't they leave him extended out over the track? I mean, you're
moving, so at least you'd go out under his arm. Seems better than having
him up and in the corner where you have to look to see him.

There must be a reason he can't be leaning out. Tie a cable on his
back and arm or something--we'd never see it.

But someone who knows more than me about how the Yeti works
probably has a reason.

EPCOT Explorer

Well said!

And there have been lots of rumors about that....I hope it turns out to be true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom