Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

EPCOTPluto

OK, I do have one.

Whenever in line, and I have to catch up to my party, it never fails that I have to go behind some ridiculously slow, healthy or fit middle aged person walking, no, zombie-walking in the queue. I actually have to ask politely first, then with force if they don't hear or if they refuse to listen. It's when I usually would move to Stage Three, or basically jump the lines to catch up, occasionally saying "Excuse me!", and leave a whole bunch of tourists confused at what I am doing.

Oh, and one hot spot for this is at BTMR. Why is so odd... :shrug:

headhunter

Contradictory? This is what is wrong with this country. Children need to punished and nothing is better than a good spanking. The child should be embarassed for being disrepectful, not minding, etc. and since so many do not believe in spanking, she should be commended for teaching her children the consequences of misbehaving. I will say this, I always try to discipline in private, I feel it is best to give them the chance to learn without being "embarassed" but if the "misbehaving" merits discipline at that moment then by all means teach them a lesson. No, I am not talking about child abuse, just a good spanking. No wonder so many in this day and time have not respect for other people.

Contradictory? This is what is wrong with this country. Children need to punished and nothing is better than a good spanking. The child should be embarassed for being disrepectful, not minding, etc. and since so many do not believe in spanking, she should be commended for teaching her children the consequences of misbehaving. I will say this, I always try to discipline in private, I feel it is best to give them the chance to learn without being "embarassed" but if the "misbehaving" merits discipline at that moment then by all means teach them a lesson. No, I am not talking about child abuse, just a good spanking. No wonder so many in this day and time have not respect for other people.

This should make for some interesting reading this afternoon :D

Scott951

Original Poster

The frickin' kid was leaning on a chain for God's sake. Should he have been disciplined? Absolutely. Should that discipline include taking off your belt and beating him like a rented mule, in public none-the-less, hell no! I would have been appauled even if she used her hands in public, but the belt?

Scott951

Original Poster
This should make for some interesting reading this afternoon :D

I agree. Should be fun. I can not believe someone actually condones this behavior....LOL.

There are much more effective and humane methods of parenting. I should know as I have 3 kids and never laid a finger on any of them. Yet, my wife and I are always complimented on how well behaved our kids are....go figure....

MrsToad71

One time my husband and I were in the Tiki Room and were sitting beside a guy and his mom and the lady behind us kept taking flash pictures during the show. The guy beside us turns around and says "there is no flash photography during the show" to the lady- not in a mean or rude way- just as a subtle hint to please stop. She then proceeded to violently wave her hand at the guy and yell "turn around" and then her husband got involved. After the show the husband and wife followed the guy and his mom around Adventureland yelling at them... it lasted like 10 minutes. It was very awkward and I felt sorry for the guy and his mom.

gspin2k1

White trash-ish family hanging out at Disney Land....uber fat Mom looks to Dad and points to kid and says "He wants ice cream". Dad turns around and says "no....YOU want ice cream! don't give me that crap!". Mom responds "Come on, I'll buy you a beer". Not really crazy, but it was HILARIOUS!

~G

gspin2k1

The spanking with a belt in front of a public place is a bit much. I doubt she should lose her kid or go to jail for that, but she probably should've done something less intense for the misbehavior, not to mention considering where she is. A nice little yank on the ear "I TOLD YOU GET OFF THE CHAIN BOY!!!" should've been good enough.

I'm all for spanking kids. I got spanked a lot as a kid (i misbehaved a lot). My big brother didn't get much or my little bro. Certain kids require certain disciplinary techniques. "go to your room" isn't nearly as effective for some kids as others. So honestly I don't think it's fair to tell people how to raise their old children. So the mother who responded "Mind your own business" was partially right to do so. But I do believe she should have been a little more careful with her techniques in such a crowded family friendly place.

~G

White trash-ish family hanging out at Disney Land....uber fat Mom looks to Dad and points to kid and says "He wants ice cream". Dad turns around and says "no....YOU want ice cream! don't give me that crap!". Mom responds "Come on, I'll buy you a beer". Not really crazy, but it was HILARIOUS!

~G

Thats great! :ROFLOL:

sublimesting

Yes, contradictory. You state:
:I am not believing what I read, spanking your child in public with a belt is a crime. She should have been applauded and the child should have been embarrased."

In your first sentence you say it's a crime and then in the second sentence you say your all for it. That's a contradiction.

sublimesting

O.k. ENOUGH with the fat people on scooters thing! There are many threads that cover this same topic over and over again!
I have seen both fat and thin people on scooters that "appear" to be perfectly healthy but, bottom line is YOU don't know what their actual issue is and unless you are the one paying for the scooter it is none of your business!

Actually morbid obesity has gone up about 25% in recent years. Injury and disease NOT caused by that has not, so people are just getting fatter and more unhealthy. Also it does affect me when I miss several buses in a row and I was in line first. Also sometimes Disney runs out of scooters/wheelchairs etc. because they are all taken. Also my insurance rates go up at work because my coworkers are so unhealthy. Again I am not judging people because I don't know their actual issue but I am judging that group of peole who are just large due to laziness. I don't know who they are but I know they are out there. By your rationale I can't judge Germans to be bad guys in WWII cause I don't know who the Nazis were and who the common soldiers were.

Wilt Dasney

Yes, contradictory. You state:
:I am not believing what I read, spanking your child in public with a belt is a crime. She should have been applauded and the child should have been embarrased."

In your first sentence you say it's a crime and then in the second sentence you say your all for it. That's a contradiction.
I think the post was supposed to read:

I am not believing what I read. Spanking your child in public with a belt is a crime?

OR

I am not believing what I read: "Spanking your child in public with a belt is a crime."

The post seems to have been typed in haste, with no distinction made between the poster's own words and the sentiment he was paraphrasing but disagreed with.

PirateFrank

One thing we noticed on our last trip was the huge quantity of "large folks" and others in scooters. I mean, when did everyone start getting so lazy that they needed scooters???? It's really out of control. The killer is that it's plain and obvious that the majority of those folks do not medically "need" those scooters.

Ooh, this is a pet peeve of mine. I've noticed the dramatic increase in these morbidly obese people riding these scooters. Agreed, that it's obvious that a good portion of these people are just too damn fat to walk the parks....

...what makes my blood boil is that they then get handicapped preference on ride lines. It's as if renting a scooter is a paid-for fast pass.

It's really truly and dreadfully black spot on society, where we've got people who get so friggin fat that they can't walk a few miles in the course of an entire day.

stuart

A good one this year was at EPCOT on 4th July in the bit between the Rose and Crown and bridge over to France.

This rather large guy, who was standing out even more in his yellow t-shirt was standing talking rather loudly about a number of things but specifically illuminations. According to him there would be two shows, one at 9 and one at 10. He also said he has watched this show "loads of times" and that "all the black barges in the middle are never normally there. we are going to get some show tonite". The more he carried on about this, the more we were tempted to correct him as it was just getting annoying.

Someone after a while showed him the 3rd/4th July leaflet which of course said that the fireworks were only at 10pm - but this according to our well informed fellow park guest was a typo! Their server at the boardwalk 'who is one of these guys whose been here for 10 years or something and knows everything' had told them there would be two shows.

Well, perhaps at around 8.20-8.30 ish, maybe a bit later it all kicked off. There seemed to be some commotion where when he came back from somewhere the wife had found the fireworks were to be at 10 and decided they wanted to go. He starts shouting as loud as he possibly could that he has stood half an hour somewhere (didn't catch where) and that they had to go. The little girl says that she wanted to see the fireworks but he shouts "WELL SO DID I BUT YOUR MOTHER HAS MADE THAT DECISION FOR US!!!"...and a number of people further round stand up to look and see whats going on. Just as he came past us he shouts "WHAT A RIDICULOUS WASTE OF TIME!!!" with his wife walking only a pace in front of him. They had been there since around 6ish so you think they could have stayed till 10 but obviously not. Wouldn't be a fun journey home for them!

juan

A couple moments on the lighter side:

One night after Illuminations, a family with person in a wheel chair were backstage behind Test Track trying to maneuver the chair over a speed bump. They didn't have a clue that they were backstage and were trying to find the park exit.:brick:

Another time and another family had made it backstage after Illuminations and hopped on the Epcot Loop bus for cast and were puzzled when it didn't take them back to their hotel.

board57796

I was helping a wheelchair Guest out of the Monorail and heard a little girl ask her mom where she should throw her drink cup away. The mom said to her "Just drop it right there, thats what he [referring to me] is here for." So the daughter dropped her half-full cup onto the floor of the Monorail, spilling it, then the mom took her by the hand, and they walked off on their merry way.

There was a trash can literally ten steps away from the car, and they walked right past it on their way down the ramp.

:shrug:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
:sohappy: This has turned into a 'fat people on scooters thread' - my biggest pet peeve aside from reusing your resort mugs :lol: :lookaroun

What did fat people do 20 years ago before ECVs? THEY WALKED!!!!!!!!! or they didn't go to WDW

My $.02 - I've said it before. If you're morbidly obese you CAN do something about it. I was 300+ pounds and decided enough was enough and got lap band. I am currently down 75 pounds, much healthier and MUCH happier.

PUT DOWN THE FOOD people!!! JUST SAY NO!!!

chels26

so, i work for disney and universal. Now, this story is coming from working at universal, but i thought some of you might appreciate it.

One day, I was walking outside of my venue, and there was a father and son. The son was peeing on my building. I was shocked, and said "excuse me sir!! but this is EXTREMELY unacceptable!" and i got the response "sweetie, sweetie, it's ok. he is handicapped" to which i replied "sir, first of all, there is no way for me to see he is handicapped, and regardless, this is a public place, you are letting your son URINATE on my building! this is HIGHLY unacceptable, and to be honest, illegal! there are PLEANTY of bathrooms here, if you would have just came and found some one that worked here, we would have been happy to help you out and let you come up the exit and told you where the bathrooms were" and i got "sweetie, please, are you retarded? he is handicapped. I don't give a ____*t about what you just said. he's handicapped. It won't happen again"

And let me tell you, this child, was NOT handicapped. he was walking, talking, perfectly fine. Nothing was wrong with this child. there wasn't even a wheel chair or a stroller as a wheel chair.

so i left. and I was SOOO angry that this man thought it was TOTALLY ok that just because his son was handicapped that he could URINATE any where he pleased. SO i found my team leader, and told him. He was busy and had to be in rotation, so he called another leader, and told me that i had to kick them out.

So, i took a deep breath, knowing it wasn't going to end well, and wen't back and found them. I said "unfortunately due to the circumstances of the situation that just happend outside, i'm going to have to ask that you leave the line". I was very polite, didn't want to cause a scene. And i get back, now combination mother and father, SCREAMING at the top of their lungs "WHO THE EFF DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? YOU DISCRIMINATING LITTLE B**CH! I'M GONNA SUE YOUR A*S! I WANT SECURITY, AND YOUR SUPERVISOR. THIS IS DISCRIMINATION" and, SURPRISINGLY i was still very calm, verrrrry riled up, and i said "Excuse me. You, as parents, let your son urinate on public property. My team WALKS through there every day, that is a biohazard. I understand he is handicapped, and i am very sorry, but you have to understand, we have MANY bathrooms here" and they cut me off, cursing at me, calling me every horrible name in the english language, and keep telling me i am discriminating against them.

i just couldn't believe the scene these parents made. Even if this child was handicapped, it is still unacceptable. I was not discriminating against them at all, i was doing what i was told to do. Honestly, these guests made me cry. They said such horrible things to me. I was so surprised i didn't yell or scream back at them. It takes a lot to not do that. In the end, i didn't even win. They went and complained to our guest relations, and i got something bad on my record card, because they said i just told them to get out of the line because their son was handicapped, and that i yelled and screamed at them.
Ugh. thinking about it makes me SOO angry.

and one more quick story, at disney, test track to be specific, TT went down, so the lines weren't moving. A guest got upset the single rider line hadn't moved in 5 minutes. So he came out, yelled at a friend of mine, and then PUNCHED him in the face. Ran off into the gift shop, punched the "Fuel Cell" car, found his mom, and took off. My boyfriend followed this guy all through world showcase, through the yacht and beach club, until he finally caught the guy. Who then was banned from disney for life, and charged with battery by my friend who was punched.
alll because the line hadn't moved in five minutes.

NIU EE

OK, I do have one.

Whenever in line, and I have to catch up to my party, it never fails that I have to go behind some ridiculously slow, healthy or fit middle aged person walking, no, zombie-walking in the queue. I actually have to ask politely first, then with force if they don't hear or if they refuse to listen. It's when I usually would move to Stage Three, or basically jump the lines to catch up, occasionally saying "Excuse me!", and leave a whole bunch of tourists confused at what I am doing.

Oh, and one hot spot for this is at BTMR. Why is so odd... :shrug:

I'm confused, why are you trying to catch up with your family? Why didn't you enter the line together?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom