Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
OK, I do have one.

Whenever in line, and I have to catch up to my party, it never fails that I have to go behind some ridiculously slow, healthy or fit middle aged person walking, no, zombie-walking in the queue. I actually have to ask politely first, then with force if they don't hear or if they refuse to listen. It's when I usually would move to Stage Three, or basically jump the lines to catch up, occasionally saying "Excuse me!", and leave a whole bunch of tourists confused at what I am doing.

Oh, and one hot spot for this is at BTMR. Why is so odd... :shrug:

I don't think they are not hearing you - they are ignoring you. I tend to ignore AND block the line. I can't abide line cutters.

And if someone PUSHES past me , they will be dealing with security.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Once I seen a kid sitting and swinging on the ropes for the CBJ queue, and his monther just let him keep on doing this.

The CM must of warned this kid and parent like 3 times... each time the smug monther just ignored the CM... and the kid kept on bouncing around on the rope... finally the rope just snapped and the kid fell over backwards into a bunch of strollers.

I LOL'ed. :lol::lookaroun:lookaroun

I once got grabbed, shaken, and pushed to the ground by a guest when I was a Fast Pass CP! All over because they got FP for Test Track for the time of their ADR in Canada. :)

reptar77

Well, I've got a bit more lighthearted one, but it still caused me to do a double-take. I was backstage at Epcot at the marina behind China filling up a vehicle at the gas pump there. The gas pump is located about 30 yards from where the Illuminations Earth Barge is kept. As I was fueling, the Earth barge was open in its "flower petal" form and going through its show cycle. Suddenly the barge stopped spinning and all of the continents turned blue. Then, what appeared to be an error message flashed on there (hard to read due to the nature of the barge's screens) and the whole thing went dark.

I'm pretty sure I witnessed the Earth barge suffer the Blue Screen of Death.

The secretary in the department I used to work for said that she once saw the Earth barge displaying the Windows XP logo screensaver.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: That's funny, I wish I could have seen that.

danstephg

Children need to punished and nothing is better than a good spanking.

Yeah, that's great. Most parents hit their kids out of frustration and anger, it's the easy way out. Much easier than talking, eh?

Little Billy hits another kid, you teach him it's not right to hit, by hitting him?? That makes perfect sense! Let me ask all the hitters here...what happens when your spouse misbehaves? It's OK to hit your kids, should be OK to hit your Wife/Husband too! Oh wait, your 4 year old can't fight back, but your spouse can. NOW I see the difference!

draybook

Yeah, that's great. Most parents hit their kids out of frustration and anger, it's the easy way out. Much easier than talking, eh?

Little Billy hits another kid, you teach him it's not right to hit, by hitting him?? That makes perfect sense! Let me ask all the hitters here...what happens when your spouse misbehaves? It's OK to hit your kids, should be OK to hit your Wife/Husband too! Oh wait, your 4 year old can't fight back, but your spouse can. NOW I see the difference!

Should have read the whole thread, a mod said no more discussing this.

insoc123

One time my husband and I were in the Tiki Room and were sitting beside a guy and his mom and the lady behind us kept taking flash pictures during the show. The guy beside us turns around and says "there is no flash photography during the show" to the lady- not in a mean or rude way- just as a subtle hint to please stop. She then proceeded to violently wave her hand at the guy and yell "turn around" and then her husband got involved. After the show the husband and wife followed the guy and his mom around Adventureland yelling at them... it lasted like 10 minutes. It was very awkward and I felt sorry for the guy and his mom.

My God! This are the kind of white-trash people that most intrigue me. With all the things one can do at WDW, they rather waste 10 precious minutes to pick up a fight. The worst part is that it seems they actually wanted to fight.

DisneyCanuck

In a twisted sort of way this has to be one of the most entertaining threads that I have ever read. Outside of the United Nations, WDW has to be one of the largest "melting-pots" in the world and, sure enough, a bit of culture clash is bound to happen. Some observations although quite disgusting - __________________ and defacating in public - are commonplace in some socities and therefore the offenders probably do not realise what they are doing is not generally accepted in North America. Public flogging of children or so-called "loved ones" is not acceptable period. Wardrobe malfunctions whether intentional or not are bound to happen - America will get over a bit of nudity. Breast-feeding is natural and quite acceptable if it is conducted discretely. I'm not going to get all wound up over people in scooters. Fat, thin , handicapped or whatever just don't run me over and we'll all get along just fine. Fisticuffs and public shouting matches between rival vacationers - get over it already folks, you're supposed to be on VACATION people, move on and get over it!

I'm blown away by the amount of bigotry, prejudice and downright nastiness exhibited by some folks in this thread. WDW is supposed to be a place that we can all go to and unwind and enjoy ourselves. Sure things don't always go according to plan, stuff gets messed up and people tend to lose patience with each other. But let's keep the end goal in mind here - we're in WDW to have fun! Turn a blind eye to the petty stuff and enjoy yourselves! However, I'd have taken off my belt and whipped the tar out of that parent and then called the cops!:hammer:

EPCOTPluto

I'm confused, why are you trying to catch up with your family? Why didn't you enter the line together?
As my party was halfway through the queue, my aunt's medium-sized purse split open, and almost all the contents were spilled everywhere. The only possible thing would be to just go get a plastic bag to hold the purse in the meantime.

Yes, my aunt was more memorized in riding BTMR rather than somehow fixing the rip.
But considering she goes once every few years, it in a way, means a lot.

I don't think they are not hearing you - they are ignoring you. I tend to ignore AND block the line. I can't abide line cutters.

And if someone PUSHES past me , they will be dealing with security.
I know what you're saying, but if you had a reason and aren't rude, then there shouldn't really be a problem.

I know I am incredibly benign in situations like so, whenever they happen. :shrug: I perhaps exaggerated a bit back there.

Not everytime, but it sure feels like it. I just know I am not a line cutter. :(

The Empress Lilly

so, i work for disney and universal. Now, this story is coming from working at universal, but i thought some of you might appreciate it.

One day, I was walking outside of my venue, and there was a father and son. The son was peeing on my building. I was shocked, and said "excuse me sir!!
[...]

A guest got upset the single rider line hadn't moved in 5 minutes. So he came out, yelled at a friend of mine, and then PUNCHED him in the face.
[...]
Dear oh dear. Some people...

Sorry about all of that! Guests have no excuse to treat employees like that. Bah.

Enchantâmes

This was rather uncomfortable... we were walking through the Swiss Robinson Treehouse and this family was walking through. The father suddenly punched his son down the steps! The kid was bawling and the mother said to us and the other witnesses: "To anyone who has a problem with that, he deserved it." My mother and I were shocked. Some people should not breed, that is all I am going to say.

so, i work for disney and universal. Now, this story is coming from working at universal, but i thought some of you might appreciate it.

One day, I was walking outside of my venue, and there was a father and son. The son was peeing on my building. I was shocked, and said "excuse me sir!! but this is EXTREMELY unacceptable!" and i got the response "sweetie, sweetie, it's ok. he is handicapped" to which i replied "sir, first of all, there is no way for me to see he is handicapped, and regardless, this is a public place, you are letting your son URINATE on my building! this is HIGHLY unacceptable, and to be honest, illegal! there are PLEANTY of bathrooms here, if you would have just came and found some one that worked here, we would have been happy to help you out and let you come up the exit and told you where the bathrooms were" and i got "sweetie, please, are you retarded? he is handicapped. I don't give a ____*t about what you just said. he's handicapped. It won't happen again"

And let me tell you, this child, was NOT handicapped. he was walking, talking, perfectly fine. Nothing was wrong with this child. there wasn't even a wheel chair or a stroller as a wheel chair.

so i left. and I was SOOO angry that this man thought it was TOTALLY ok that just because his son was handicapped that he could URINATE any where he pleased. SO i found my team leader, and told him. He was busy and had to be in rotation, so he called another leader, and told me that i had to kick them out.

So, i took a deep breath, knowing it wasn't going to end well, and wen't back and found them. I said "unfortunately due to the circumstances of the situation that just happend outside, i'm going to have to ask that you leave the line". I was very polite, didn't want to cause a scene. And i get back, now combination mother and father, SCREAMING at the top of their lungs "WHO THE EFF DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? YOU DISCRIMINATING LITTLE B**CH! I'M GONNA SUE YOUR A*S! I WANT SECURITY, AND YOUR SUPERVISOR. THIS IS DISCRIMINATION" and, SURPRISINGLY i was still very calm, verrrrry riled up, and i said "Excuse me. You, as parents, let your son urinate on public property. My team WALKS through there every day, that is a biohazard. I understand he is handicapped, and i am very sorry, but you have to understand, we have MANY bathrooms here" and they cut me off, cursing at me, calling me every horrible name in the english language, and keep telling me i am discriminating against them.

i just couldn't believe the scene these parents made. Even if this child was handicapped, it is still unacceptable. I was not discriminating against them at all, i was doing what i was told to do. Honestly, these guests made me cry. They said such horrible things to me. I was so surprised i didn't yell or scream back at them. It takes a lot to not do that. In the end, i didn't even win. They went and complained to our guest relations, and i got something bad on my record card, because they said i just told them to get out of the line because their son was handicapped, and that i yelled and screamed at them.
Ugh. thinking about it makes me SOO angry.

Sorry if this makes me sound like a total creeper, but was this at Doom?

magicmaya

I saw a little boy slap his mom's cheek really hard while waiting in line for splash mountaij because she was just kidding and said," when you go down the drop, you go under water"
when the kid slapped her, she didn't do anything about it.All she said was, "don't ever do it again, billy or your iPod will be taken away.":brick:

:rolleyes: that kid needs a better punishment.

sublimesting

This was rather uncomfortable... we were walking through the Swiss Robinson Treehouse and this family was walking through. The father suddenly punched his son down the steps! The kid was bawling and the mother said to us and the other witnesses: "To anyone who has a problem with that, he deserved it." My mother and I were shocked. Some people should not breed, that is all I am going to say.

Well, as long as he deserved it. Not sure why you posted, this was explained satisfactorily by the mother.:lookaroun

JK

:D

Horrible Kid

About two years ago we were walking around WS and this kid was screaming because he wanted one of the string puppets in the China Pavillion. Well needless to say he didn't get his way. So the kid decides to throw down on the ground in a tantrum.
His punishment was that he had to ride in the stroller with his little sister. This didn't stop the tantrum. We he continued to yell, his mother looked down in the stroller and told him they were going to go back to the hotel if he didn't stop.
The boy's response? He kicked his mother in the face sending her glasses flying and knocking her to the ground.
What happened? They stayed and watched the Chinese acrobats! :eek:

magicmaya

About two years ago we were walking around WS and this kid was screaming because he wanted one of the string puppets in the China Pavillion. Well needless to say he didn't get his way. So the kid decides to throw down on the ground in a tantrum.
His punishment was that he had to ride in the stroller with his little sister. This didn't stop the tantrum. We he continued to yell, his mother looked down in the stroller and told him they were going to go back to the hotel if he didn't stop.
The boy's response? He kicked his mother in the face sending her glasses flying and knocking her to the ground.
What happened? They stayed and watched the Chinese acrobats! :eek:

:lol:

I love those punishments!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom