Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

Wilt Dasney

I politely ask the parents if they could move to allow my son to enjoy the parade that he has patiently waited for. They turn to each other, snigger, and then try to convince me that as they have paid their money for their over-sized brood then it's their privilige as US citizens to see something before a foreigner. Can you say red-neck?
Man...they actually brought your nationality into the discussion? This whole story made me mad just reading it. I'm glad the CM stepped in to put things right for you!

chwilson88

We were in our last day at Magic Kingdom and wanted to watch SpectroMagic. We found a PERFECT spot right on Main Street and sat down. It was myself, hubby & our then 17 month old son. I left then sitting there to go get something to eat. Well...when I came back my husband was looking rather ed off....and I see this man with a huge family TRYING to get not only in front of my husband but my son who was in his stroller. At that point I just positioned his stoller differently and hubby and i were standing. At one point this man was trying to get through the crowd with an INFANT said excuse me about 5 times to this man and he refused to let him through...so I moved...then he has the NERVE to try to get my spot!!! JERK!! Now...I'm from NYC...i encounter the RUDEST ppl everyday on the train/busses etc!! But this dude took the prize! Well I was NOT going to let him take my spot So I stood RIGHT back into my spot while he tried to push me! So I LOUDLY said...if i got pushed ONE more time i was going to flip out! Disney or not! He got the point and moved away an inch...so finally the parade started then he tried to get his entire clan in front of my SON! A CM was walking by at this point and said everyone had to be behind the line...so I politely told him that I was not moving back so that they could get in front of me..i had been standing here way before him...so the CM asked him to move...& the man didn't even LOOK at the CM or move...but his family moved away from me...thank goodness! After he moved...I enjoyed the parade with my family...while he spent most of it trying to get his kids in front of other ppl! Now i know kids get excited for this stuff...but I hate parents who do stuff like this. There was this family behind me who's two kids couldn't see and I told them the kids were more than welcome to sit in front of my stroller to view the parade...& the parents were more than thankful! I have no problem with letting little kids sit in front of me...but it ends with rude adults/parents that think they can just cut you!

This kind of things happens SOOO MUCH it's sickening. I feel your pain on this...it's always a dilemma, how far do you go before a fight breaks out..I mean if a CM doesn't witness it, it's your word against theirs. It really ruins a nice time with your family when rude people act like that, it's a testiment to the bad upbringing's of later generations I think.

sublimesting

Last fall we were getting on CoP when a huge fat guy in a wheelchair in front of us rolled up to the turnstile. The CM opened the chain to let him through and he started yelling that he was going to go through the turnstile. The CM said the wheelchair wouldn't fit and he could go around. This sent him over the edge as he began yelling that Disney was discriminating against him based on his disability and that according to the Americans with Disability Act they had to provide a turnstile big enough for everyone. He then went on trying to get a manager and her name and saying his lawyers would be cming shortly etc.
It really ticked me off cause the only thing he was excluded from was spinning the turnstile with his body. And he was just fat, he must have been 550-600 pounds and there is no excuse for that.

sublimesting

This kind of things happens SOOO MUCH it's sickening. I feel your pain on this...it's always a dilemma, how far do you go before a fight breaks out..I mean if a CM doesn't witness it, it's your word against theirs. It really ruins a nice time with your family when rude people act like that, it's a testiment to the bad upbringing's of later generations I think.

i lose my poise when it gets to the point where the only recourse left is throwing fists or being beaten by an obnoxious person. My blood pressure goes nuts, I can't hear, my face gets hot and thinking goes away. And to not spoil things for the family or go to jail over an idiot you have to walk away and stew all day long....until you think of the witty/clever thing you could have said.

chwilson88

Last fall we were getting on CoP when a huge fat guy in a wheelchair in front of us rolled up to the turnstile. The CM opened the chain to let him through and he started yelling that he was going to go through the turnstile. The CM said the wheelchair wouldn't fit and he could go around. This sent him over the edge as he began yelling that Disney was discriminating against him based on his disability and that according to the Americans with Disability Act they had to provide a turnstile big enough for everyone. He then went on trying to get a manager and her name and saying his lawyers would be cming shortly etc.
It really ticked me off cause the only thing he was excluded from was spinning the turnstile with his body. And he was just fat, he must have been 550-600 pounds and there is no excuse for that.

One thing we noticed on our last trip was the huge quantity of "large folks" and others in scooters. I mean, when did everyone start getting so lazy that they needed scooters???? It's really out of control. The killer is that it's plain and obvious that the majority of those folks do not medically "need" those scooters.

swimmom

We were in our last day at Magic Kingdom and wanted to watch SpectroMagic. We found a PERFECT spot right on Main Street and sat down. It was myself, hubby & our then 17 month old son. I left then sitting there to go get something to eat. Well...when I came back my husband was looking rather ed off....and I see this man with a huge family TRYING to get not only in front of my husband but my son who was in his stroller. At that point I just positioned his stoller differently and hubby and i were standing. At one point this man was trying to get through the crowd with an INFANT said excuse me about 5 times to this man and he refused to let him through...so I moved...then he has the NERVE to try to get my spot!!! JERK!! Now...I'm from NYC...i encounter the RUDEST ppl everyday on the train/busses etc!! But this dude took the prize! Well I was NOT going to let him take my spot So I stood RIGHT back into my spot while he tried to push me! So I LOUDLY said...if i got pushed ONE more time i was going to flip out! Disney or not! He got the point and moved away an inch...so finally the parade started then he tried to get his entire clan in front of my SON! A CM was walking by at this point and said everyone had to be behind the line...so I politely told him that I was not moving back so that they could get in front of me..i had been standing here way before him...so the CM asked him to move...& the man didn't even LOOK at the CM or move...but his family moved away from me...thank goodness! After he moved...I enjoyed the parade with my family...while he spent most of it trying to get his kids in front of other ppl! Now i know kids get excited for this stuff...but I hate parents who do stuff like this. There was this family behind me who's two kids couldn't see and I told them the kids were more than welcome to sit in front of my stroller to view the parade...& the parents were more than thankful! I have no problem with letting little kids sit in front of me...but it ends with rude adults/parents that think they can just cut you!

Why are there so many people that think they can just walk up at the start of the parade and just push other people out of their way to get a spot on the curb that you have been sitting for at least an hour?!?!?! When we arrive just before a parade, we make the best of what spots are available.

Now about the guy I saw in World Showcase wearing a kilt on a breezy day:)

goreesha

One thing we noticed on our last trip was the huge quantity of "large folks" and others in scooters. I mean, when did everyone start getting so lazy that they needed scooters???? It's really out of control. The killer is that it's plain and obvious that the majority of those folks do not medically "need" those scooters.

To be fair, some people might be in wheelchairs because they are fat and too lazy to walk, HOWEVER, some people are fat because their limited mobility has hindered them from getting the exercise they might need to lose weight. We took my grandfather to WDW many years ago, before he passed away, and he had to use a scooter. He could only walk short distances because of back injuries and poor circulation in his legs, both of which were the result of his experiences as a WWII POW. Because of this, he also had trouble keeping the weight off.

You can actually read his story here http://tinyurl.com/kl4qdn starting on page 66. My only point is, to people passing by, he might just have looked like an old fat guy in a scooter who sometimes got out of the scooter and walked, but there was a real story of sacrifice behind it.

draybook

For all of those who are defending public breastfeeding, can I ask you one question? What's wrong with having breast milk in a bottle for those moments when you can't make it to a private feeding area?

sublimesting

To be fair, some people might be in wheelchairs because they are fat and too lazy to walk, HOWEVER, some people are fat because their limited mobility has hindered them from getting the exercise they might need to lose weight. We took my grandfather to WDW many years ago, before he passed away, and he had to use a scooter. He could only walk short distances because of back injuries and poor circulation in his legs, both of which were the result of his experiences as a WWII POW. Because of this, he also had trouble keeping the weight off.

You can actually read his story here http://tinyurl.com/kl4qdn starting on page 66. My only point is, to people passing by, he might just have looked like an old fat guy in a scooter who sometimes got out of the scooter and walked, but there was a real story of sacrifice behind it.

But being sedentary does not mean eat oneself into the morbidly obese range which alot of people do. And there is a difference between being overweight and then weighing so much you can't maneuver your own body due to the weight alone (not injury). Sure there are people legitimately injured, but there are also people that are plain fat and lazy and that is what upsets people. It's true we shouldn't assume everyone is fat and lazy but there are a good amount that are.

goreesha

But being sedentary does not mean eat oneself into the morbidly obese range. And there is a difference between being overweight and then weighing so much you can't maneuver your own body due to the weight alone.

Yes, that is true, but, then again, even when my grandfather lost a bunch of weight later, he still couldn't maneuver his body well and still needed the scooter. Fat or thin, he had the same mobility issues. Someone seeing him cruise along in his scooter might have assumed he needed the scooter purely because of his weight, and they would've been wrong.

mousebymarriage

But being sedentary does not mean eat oneself into the morbidly obese range which alot of people do. And there is a difference between being overweight and then weighing so much you can't maneuver your own body due to the weight alone (not injury). Sure there are people legitimately injured, but there are also people that are plain fat and lazy and that is what upsets people. It's true we shouldn't assume everyone is fat and lazy but there are a good amount that are.
O.k. ENOUGH with the fat people on scooters thing! There are many threads that cover this same topic over and over again!
I have seen both fat and thin people on scooters that "appear" to be perfectly healthy but, bottom line is YOU don't know what their actual issue is and unless you are the one paying for the scooter it is none of your business!

insoc123

+1 Actually I don't mean to sound bureaucratic, but there should be a procedure in all places that one should gain access to this scooters only if they show a current medical certification stating that the person NEED the scooters to MOVE and let the other overweight people without that handicap to stop eating and get on a diet and exercise because if they find that everything is easy for them they will postpone the sacrifice that every overweight person should do to get to an acceptable level.

Wilt Dasney

+1 Actually I don't mean to sound bureaucratic, but there should be a procedure in all places that one should gain access to this scooters only if they show a current medical certification stating that the person NEED the scooters to MOVE and let the other overweight people without that handicap to stop eating and get on a diet and exercise because if they find that everything is easy for them they will postpone the sacrifice that every overweight person should do to get to an acceptable level.

Disney doesn't care whether you have a medical condition beyond being medically incapable of removing your hand from a bucket of fried chicken. They make money off those scooters. Fat people, thin people, sick people...the money all spends the same to them.

My wife and I were enjoying a trip in the little boats you can rent at Downtown Disney having a trip towards Port Orleans resort. On the way there you pass what used to be the tree top villas, which at the time were used by Disney cast members (I think from the college program?). Now those who know the area will know it's fairly quiet with the odd boat passing here and there. As we rounded the corner we spotted something going on on one of the balconies. A young lady was wearing black stockings and a garter belt and nothing else, entertaining a 'gentlemen' up against the wall :eek:

I nearly crashed the boat into the side as I sat open mouthed wondering if this was a new feature that Disney had introduced! As we were spotted the couple quickly moved inside, trying to hide their modesty in the process. I have returned on numerous occasions but unfortunately have never witnessed a repeat performance :mad:

eddiemcgarrigle

Man...they actually brought your nationality into the discussion? This whole story made me mad just reading it. I'm glad the CM stepped in to put things right for you!

I was very tempted to point out that it was immigrants from my country that made America and as such, as a Scot, it was my privilige to see the parade before them. I knew it would have been wasted though as they where definitely from the lower reaches of the gene pool.

This talk of scooters just reminds me of the old hag who was pounding on the horn and running the scooter up people's heels in her haste to leave one of the parks. Does anyone have a link to the video clip of this ignorant OAP.

Wonderland22

As for more :eek: moments that I've seen other people do at WDW...well, there are too many to list. As a CM on Main Street and in the Jungle, I've seen more than my fair share of excitement. My favorite was getting slugged by an angry father while doing parade duty -- I asked him to move away from the construction on centre street (he was blocking traffic) -- he called me a "dolphin f#$%er" (whatever that means) then socked me in the face. Broke my glasses and knocked me out cold -- I apparently went down like a wet towel. What can I say, I'm a wuss!

Cheers,
Josh

I'm sorry that happened to you, but I'm about to die from laughter! I'm mean, a "dolphin f#$%er"?!?! That is the most insane fight I've ever heard of, especially at Disney!!! Hahahahah!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom