Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

gtaro

:lol:

I love those punishments!!!!!

This makes me wonder...
What exactly would be suitable punishment? Reprimanding children in public is tricky, at best. Being on vacation at WDW makes it all the more tricky.

The punishment needs to be firm enough to get the message across, yet it can't be so severe that it affects the rest of the family's ability to enjoy their day in the park.

Clearly, the punching of children up or down stairways is a bad idea. Merely telling them to stop doesn't quite do it either, now does it? So what's a parent to do?

NIU EE

As my party was halfway through the queue, my aunt's medium-sized purse split open, and almost all the contents were spilled everywhere. The only possible thing would be to just go get a plastic bag to hold the purse in the meantime.

Yes, my aunt was more memorized in riding BTMR rather than somehow fixing the rip.
But considering she goes once every few years, it in a way, means a lot.

I know what you're saying, but if you had a reason and aren't rude, then there shouldn't really be a problem.

I know I am incredibly benign in situations like so, whenever they happen. :shrug: I perhaps exaggerated a bit back there.

Not everytime, but it sure feels like it. I just know I am not a line cutter. :(

My family would wait for the aunt... otherwise everyone would always have an excuse. Perhaps "my bus was 30 min late, so I should be at the front of the line."

Chevross

This makes me wonder...
What exactly would be suitable punishment? Reprimanding children in public is tricky, at best. Being on vacation at WDW makes it all the more tricky.

The punishment needs to be firm enough to get the message across, yet it can't be so severe that it affects the rest of the family's ability to enjoy their day in the park.

Clearly, the punching of children up or down stairways is a bad idea. Merely telling them to stop doesn't quite do it either, now does it? So what's a parent to do?

Make child go out and find a stick. Have said child bring back stick. Check stick to make sure it's suitable. Place stick forcibly on child's rear end repetitively for the amount of 10 to 12 times.

That's how it used to be done. Only ruined a good hour of the day and then ice cream made everything better. :lookaroun

magicmaya

Make child go out and find a stick. Have said child bring back stick. Check stick to make sure it's suitable. Place stick forcibly on child's rear end repetitively for the amount of 10 to 12 times.

That's how it used to be done. Only ruined a good hour of the day and then ice cream made everything better. :lookaroun

been there, done that :lookaroun
the stick was as thin as a needle :lol:

Nemo14

This makes me wonder...

If the parent said that the child would have to go back to the hotel, then the child should have been taken back to the hotel - plain and simple. Kids pick up on empty threats, but if they know you'll carry through with it, they take you more seriously. It's not easy, but you really have to be the parent sometimes! JMHO

LoriMistress

About two years ago we were walking around WS and this kid was screaming because he wanted one of the string puppets in the China Pavillion. Well needless to say he didn't get his way. So the kid decides to throw down on the ground in a tantrum.
His punishment was that he had to ride in the stroller with his little sister. This didn't stop the tantrum. We he continued to yell, his mother looked down in the stroller and told him they were going to go back to the hotel if he didn't stop.
The boy's response? He kicked his mother in the face sending her glasses flying and knocking her to the ground.
What happened? They stayed and watched the Chinese acrobats! :eek:
Wow, now that's classy parenting. J/K But coming from a small group of you, you probably think I'm a horrible person. :rolleyes:

kerrie

If i saw this woman I would have told her i have dcf on speed dial and ill call if she doesnt stop. I own a daycare so I have no problems protecting a child.

I try redirection first, thinking time (timeout) and then i start taking things away ie tv, toys, treats( desserts) Like i said i only spank if say my daughter was to grab a hot iron i smack her hand but more to get the words through and as a LAST resort. People just dont think:brick:

Jessica618

Wow, reading this thread is sort of funny and pretty scary at the same time....

The worst (and now looking back on it, best) thing I've ever seen at the world was my 21st bday trip back in 2003 when my entire family saw a rather large man of about 6 3' and 300lbs closed fisted punch his girlfriend in the face during a squabble about who had the tickets/who left the tickets at the hotel.

My father was on top of it in like 3 seconds flat and had him pinned to the ground.

When security told him to get off the offender, my dad threw his US Marshall's badge on the concrete and told the guy (loud enough to warrant applause from by-standers) 'Not even Mickey Mouse can save your sorry ... today buddy.':sohappy: Yay for Pops!!

I'm pretty sure the only characters that punk saw for the rest of his trip where the seedy ones at central lock up!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
A US Marshall getting involved in a domestic dispute while on vacation?

And letting a rent-a-cop tell him what to do on top of that? :shrug:

jonnyc

Was at a mens room and a women (term used loosly), stood next to me in the urinal. "She" even said hello to me! LOL, made for an interesting dinner conversation.

Reading this reminded me of a simliar non-Disney "OMG" moment I expierienced a few weeks ago at V Festival in Staffordshire.

By the portable toilets :)hurl:), they had portable urinals. For lack of a better term these were "Face-off" Urinals. So I standing there taking care of buisness, when a woman walks up and begins doing her thing at these packed urinals.

This was treated by most at the Urinals, not with shock, but with curiosity to this unreal feat. It eventually lead to one guy exclaiming: "Can I watch?"

zurgandfriend

2 Weeks ago, when we were checking into the Poly a boy about 8 comes running up behind me, trips over my carry on bag and slams his head into the front desk really hard, about 6 inches from my leg. I drop down on my knee and start asking the boy "are you okay?" The boy's father comes over and says "no no don't bother, he's okay he's been like that all day that's the only way he is going to learn. I 'm thinking to myself, he's excited about being at WDW, maybe you should show a little concern about your son."

piratetreasure

About two years ago we were walking around WS and this kid was screaming because he wanted one of the string puppets in the China Pavillion. Well needless to say he didn't get his way. So the kid decides to throw down on the ground in a tantrum.
His punishment was that he had to ride in the stroller with his little sister. This didn't stop the tantrum. We he continued to yell, his mother looked down in the stroller and told him they were going to go back to the hotel if he didn't stop.
The boy's response? He kicked his mother in the face sending her glasses flying and knocking her to the ground.
What happened? They stayed and watched the Chinese acrobats! :eek:
They need Supernanny. Really bad!

EPCOTPluto

Yesterday, we were at DHS and decided to ride TSM around 5:30 in the evening.

As we were at the second story junction, I observed a rather large woman on a wheelchair rolled into the front of the packed line, (Read: cut the line), and began to argue with the CMs at the handicapped load/unload area.

As we boarded, rode the attraction, and exited some 15-20 minutes later (tech difficulties that time), I still saw the same people waiting in line and fuming as the CMs there load the woman onto a specialized ride vehicle and wrapped her down.

Why??? :mad:

peterpangirl_22

I just returned from a trip to disneyworld and saw something that just made my jaw drop because if i had acted like that as a kid i would have never seen the light of day again. My family (dad,mom,me(18),and little sister(14)) were going to the spirit of aloha show at the poly. we were walking on the little trail beside the stage to go get seated and my mom and i saw an older woman standing at the side holding a little boy's hand (he looked about 7). it was obvious she was looking and waiting for someone but the little boy kept trying to pull away anyways. so she turned to him and said very calmly said "we need to wait for your parents" but this little boy wouldn't have it. he turned to her and said "SHUT UP GRANDMA! I HATE YOU!" (i regret i didn't get to see what happened to him) My mother and i just looked at each other and our jaws were on the floor.

Clownboy610

well i was at Disney last week and while leaving POP's lobby one morning we were abruplty cut off by a man carrying a small child and another one maby 4-5 years old running behind him to catch the bus. the little one running fell and slid on the pavement on her hands and knees..... the dad was ed that he had to stop and grab her! and instead of helping her/ mend her wounds he continued on the bus, while the mom said "there isnt any crying in disney".......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom