December 2008 -- Hooray!!

BeanSz

Just confirmed our 9 day trip for December 2008. Very excited since I have never been there when the parks were decorated for the Christmas Holidays. This was our goal the last 2 years, but with the free dining offer for September, we have not been able to resist. This is also the first trip we have to pay for my son who will be 4 when we go. We hope my infant son loves WDW as much as my older son who is begging to go again.
We decided to try out the POFQ. We have stayed recently at CR, WL and POP. My wife liked POR when she went with family years back, and I am liking the review of POFQ. Thanks for listening. I just needed to share my excitement.

pixiesteno

37 days to go!!! We haven't received any of our travel paperwork yet, I'm starting to get a bit concerned. Anybody have an estimate on when DTC sends out the paperwork? My last trip was spur of the moment and booked 12 days before arrival. It's been 3 years since we were there in Dec and I can't remember when we got our travel info. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

momofnine

37 days to go!!! We haven't received any of our travel paperwork yet, I'm starting to get a bit concerned. Anybody have an estimate on when DTC sends out the paperwork? My last trip was spur of the moment and booked 12 days before arrival. It's been 3 years since we were there in Dec and I can't remember when we got our travel info. Any feedback would be appreciated.

You should be getting it any day now, we are at 31 days and we just got our paperwork 2 days ago, have a great time! :wave:

Jasper Dale, I agree with Clemson Tigger, enjoy yourself and take in all the parades, fireworks, Mickeys Night Before Christmas show, cookies and hot chocolate....etc.... If you can, get rides in, but don't make them a priority, enjoy the snow on main street too. Christmas at Disney is beautiful! This makes me wish I was there NOW!!!!:xmas:

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

My family and I are leaving Christmas morning 6am. We are staying in the fort wilderness cabins for 9 days.We are very excited for this. Last time I was at Disney World was 1996 and never have been there for christmas time.I am 30 years old and loosing sleep because of this trip a can only imagine what it will be like when it become the week before.We got everthing all set up just waiting for the day.Thanks for reading :xmas:

Welcome to the boards! You'll have such a good time - there's nothing like Disney at Christmastime! And, I'm 51 and still too excited to sleep!

for those of you who have attended in the past, i am wondering if it is better to just enjoy the Party festivities, or to try and ride as many attractions as possible. we have tickets to the Tuesday, December 16th party, but are also planning on being in the MK on Saturday the 13th.

are the lines pretty long on Saturdays, and how crowded is the Christmas Party?

We'll be at the party that same date! We arrive the afternoon before, and areheading straight to the MK that day, and also spending the day of the party there (have dinner ressies @ Liberty Tree), so I'm planning on just enjoying the party festivities, shows, parades, characters, etc., and not worrying so much about the rides.

Upvote 0

Don't worried just yet...I also am arriving on the same date as you, and I have not received our paperwork yet. I expect to get it later this week, or this weekend. Friends of mine are going exactly one week earlier than me and they recieved it this past Friday...Only 37 more days...hard to believe since I booked it in March!!!!!:xmas:

Upvote 0

momofnine

:xmas: 30 days to go!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
4 weeks from Saturday we will be at Disney World! We started our count down in August of 2007. It is hard to believe that we are in our last month of count down.......YAAAAAAHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Upvote 0

gnorth

:xmas: :sohappy:Travel docs got in yesterday can not wait 31 days to go. :xmas::sohappy:

Been booked since Febuary and still have lots of planning left.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

DH & I received our ME documents yesterday when we arrived home. DS (19) is in his own room (which means different confirmation #) and did not receive his information; he really looked worried when I told him it only had vouchers for DH & I. I double checked his ressie and showed him where it is on there and hopefully it will be there today. Now, waiting on DTC paperwork. 36 days - 24 work days - 19 school days and counting!!!:xmas:

Upvote 0

jjbuster2

Hi, I'm new here but not to WDW. We embark on our 8th trip in only 40 more days!!! This will be our 1st Christamas trip (we usually do something near Halloween). We'll be doing the MK Party on Thursday the 18th. I've been looking at the events schedule for past parties. Is it even possible to do all the party stuff in that one night? We'll definitely do the fireworks, castle show, and the show that' at Belle's area. If we run our of steam, is there any show that is a candidate for skipping? Thx :)

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Hi, I'm new here but not to WDW. We embark on our 8th trip in only 40 more days!!! This will be our 1st Christamas trip (we usually do something near Halloween). We'll be doing the MK Party on Thursday the 18th. I've been looking at the events schedule for past parties. Is it even possible to do all the party stuff in that one night? We'll definitely do the fireworks, castle show, and the show that' at Belle's area. If we run our of steam, is there any show that is a candidate for skipping? Thx :)

Yes, you can catch them all without too much trouble. That is, as was discussed before, if you don't spend much time worrying about doing rides. Most of the stage shows are a little hokey, so it depends on your personal taste as to skip them or not. There also are a number of unscheduled bands that pop up in different locations, try to catch some of them.

How many days are you going for. There is so much more special for the holidays beyond MVMCP. Do spend sufficient time exploring the other parks and events.

Upvote 0

jjbuster2

We'll have 6 park days (inculding Party day), at least 2 nights will be at EPCOT (have a Candleight Processional package), at least 1 night at the Studios, staying at POFQ and our dining resevations will get us out to AKL and WL to check out their decorations...the plan is to do and see as much as possible (speaking of possible, i hope the Kim Possible adventure is in operation). Just thinking about it makes me want to print my Master Packing List and get started!!!

:xmas::xmas:

Upvote 0

SeaBreeze

Add me to the fun! 28 days :sohappy: I'm taking my mom for her Christmas present... it was supposed to be a surprise but she's too smart for that :lol:

Upvote 0

josephkinn

25 days for me

25 days till DISNEY WOO HOO 28 for my neice :xmas:

Staying at the Carib Beech Resort this time. Who else is going the week of Dc 2-7th

Next trip Dec 2-7 Carib Beech Resort 2008
Sept 2007 Wilderness lodge
Dec 2005 Pop Century
June 2004 Outside
July 2003 Music
April 2002 Movies
Feb 2001 Wilderness Lodge
Aug 1999 Music
Sept 1998 Movie
July 1995
October 1988 Disneyland
June 1983 Class Trip
Sept 1979 First Trip
Disneyland 2 times a year from 1968 to 1975

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom