December 2008 -- Hooray!!

BeanSz

Just confirmed our 9 day trip for December 2008. Very excited since I have never been there when the parks were decorated for the Christmas Holidays. This was our goal the last 2 years, but with the free dining offer for September, we have not been able to resist. This is also the first trip we have to pay for my son who will be 4 when we go. We hope my infant son loves WDW as much as my older son who is begging to go again.
We decided to try out the POFQ. We have stayed recently at CR, WL and POP. My wife liked POR when she went with family years back, and I am liking the review of POFQ. Thanks for listening. I just needed to share my excitement.

TestTrack

When are you staying? I have my trip Dec 7-13th and I will also be in PO:FQ(for half the time at least).

Looks like we're the December of NEXT year crowd. I thought about making a thread for December 2008 people...but thought people might think I rushed it a bit.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

I thought about making a thread for December 2008 people...but thought people might think I rushed it a bit.

Rushed :confused: - my trip has been booked since April - four months ago. We're at AKL from Dec 25th 08 and move onto the GF on New Years Eve for 4 nights and into 2009 :sohappy: :sohappy:

See you in the parks ???????

Upvote 0

BeanSz

Original Poster
When are you staying? I have my trip Dec 7-13th and I will also be in PO:FQ(for half the time at least).

Looks like we're the December of NEXT year crowd. I thought about making a thread for December 2008 people...but thought people might think I rushed it a bit.

December 6-13th. Never too early. It was tough waiting until 2008 rates came out, but I did not want to book until then. After I booked, I already started planning days based on this years schedule of EMH and MVMCP (recognizing these schedules can change). Already making list of restaurants. Seems like everything is now 180 days in advance for ADRs -- so I guess I am just going to have to wait until next year to do my meal ressies. We did decide to save a bit as I stated by staying at a moderate resort, but we did decide to do the Deluxe Dining Plan. We always charge above and beyond the dining plan. Looking at last years bill, I believe we will recognize the value of the Deluxe Dining plan. We always seem to be juggling sit down credits and what to pay for. This way, we won't need to worry about it. Plus, it will get much of the cost out in advance and allow me to pay for it ahead of time.

Next big item -- is air travel, but need to wait until those are released. Since I will be traveling with two young kids, I was hoping to use an airline that participates in resort check in to avoid dealing with bags when we return to MCO airport. But, my preferred airline is Delta (and I like to avoid connections with the kids if I can), or from PHL stuck with USAirways. Airtran does have non-stop flights, but I do a lot of business travel and have avoided them so far. Have not read a lot of great reviews. Either way, tickets for air travel will not be released for a few months so I have time to decide.

I went to bed last night and my wife said she could tell I was very, very excited.

Upvote 0

TestTrack

December 6-13th. Never too early. It was tough waiting until 2008 rates came out, but I did not want to book until then. After I booked, I already started planning days based on this years schedule of EMH and MVMCP (recognizing these schedules can change). Already making list of restaurants. Seems like everything is now 180 days in advance for ADRs -- so I guess I am just going to have to wait until next year to do my meal ressies. We did decide to save a bit as I stated by staying at a moderate resort, but we did decide to do the Deluxe Dining Plan. We always charge above and beyond the dining plan. Looking at last years bill, I believe we will recognize the value of the Deluxe Dining plan. We always seem to be juggling sit down credits and what to pay for. This way, we won't need to worry about it. Plus, it will get much of the cost out in advance and allow me to pay for it ahead of time.

Next big item -- is air travel, but need to wait until those are released. Since I will be traveling with two young kids, I was hoping to use an airline that participates in resort check in to avoid dealing with bags when we return to MCO airport. But, my preferred airline is Delta (and I like to avoid connections with the kids if I can), or from PHL stuck with USAirways. Airtran does have non-stop flights, but I do a lot of business travel and have avoided them so far. Have not read a lot of great reviews. Either way, tickets for air travel will not be released for a few months so I have time to decide.

I went to bed last night and my wife said she could tell I was very, very excited.

:zipit: No comment :zipit:

:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

CajunEpcotLover

We just booked ours for the 19th-23rd at the Contemporary with the Platinum Package!!! This is the first hotel I ever stayed in on a trip to the World....so it is a little nostalgic!!! We are soooo excited and can't wait!!!

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

We are flying Airtran from Indianapolis to Orlando, is there a problem with Airtran? Have never flown with them before....:shrug:

Upvote 0

Mystic

Well count us in the crazy pool then cause we booked our trip to the world for Dec 2 - 10, 2008 this past Monday. We're booked into a Courtyard view room at the WL.

Upvote 0

Tango

We have booked 1st - 15th December 2008. It has been booked for months. We save up and go every two years. Not ready to grow up yet I am only 55 after all.:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

momofnine

I was going to wait until we got back from our Oct. trip for this... But I'am excited someone started this thread!!!! :sohappy: We are going, (just my husband and I) for our anniversary Dec. 6 - Dec. 14, 08 We will be staying at the GF, MK view room.... can't wait! Christmas is always sooooo beautiful at Disney.

Upvote 0

sbkline

We're exploring the possibility of making a whirlwind weekend trip right after Thanksgiving next year to see all the Christmas stuff, and staying at the Grand Floridian.

It's far from certain whether we'll be able to do it or not. We have an 8 night stay already planned for April at POR, so that's gonna cost a pretty penny, but if we can come up with the money, get the time off work, and if my wife isn't too pregnant by then (assumming she's even pregnant at all by then), then hopefully we can pull it off. I'd like to talk her into flying this time instead of driving, since it's only a weekend getaway, so I'd like to have as much time as possible down there, but I think I'm gonna have to knock her out to get her on a plane. :lol:

Upvote 0

Eyorefan

I am thinking about doing a week in Dec. next year. I have always wanted to be down there to see the Christmas decorations.

I leave Saturday for a trip to WDW so of course, it's time to plan the next one! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

momofnine

Leaving for disney in 2 days:sohappy:, when I get back I will have to start my countdown on this thread!
Only 422 days until our christmas trip at the Grand Floridian.:brick:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Leaving for disney in 2 days:sohappy:, when I get back I will have to start my countdown on this thread!
Only 422 days until our christmas trip at the Grand Floridian.:brick:

When are you at the GF ??? We'll be there at WDW in 2008 - at AKL December 25th - 29th and then move to GF December 30th - Jan 4th 2009

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom