December 2008 -- Hooray!!

BeanSz

Just confirmed our 9 day trip for December 2008. Very excited since I have never been there when the parks were decorated for the Christmas Holidays. This was our goal the last 2 years, but with the free dining offer for September, we have not been able to resist. This is also the first trip we have to pay for my son who will be 4 when we go. We hope my infant son loves WDW as much as my older son who is begging to go again.
We decided to try out the POFQ. We have stayed recently at CR, WL and POP. My wife liked POR when she went with family years back, and I am liking the review of POFQ. Thanks for listening. I just needed to share my excitement.

pixiesteno

DS was waiting at the front door with his ME voucher and luggage tags when we got home last night!!! Now all we need is the travel documents from DTC and we're all set. 35 days :xmas:

Upvote 0

momofnine

:sohappy::sohappy: 29!!!! :sohappy::sohappy:

Getting toooo excited! getting all our last minute things together.
Southwest just dropped our flight price yesterday (always a plus :))
Yahoo...4 weeks from tomorrow.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

WHOHOO!!!! All DTC paperwork was waiting at home tonight!!!! We're set, now the major count-down begins. Lists to make, luggage to select so we don't over-pack -- ah, the joys of a pending WDW trip. :xmas:

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

Hi, I'm new here but not to WDW. We embark on our 8th trip in only 40 more days!!! This will be our 1st Christmas trip (we usually do something near Halloween). We'll be doing the MK Party on Thursday the 18th. I've been looking at the events schedule for past parties. Is it even possible to do all the party stuff in that one night? We'll definitely do the fireworks, castle show, and the show that' at Belle's area. If we run our of steam, is there any show that is a candidate for skipping? Thx :)

We did the party during our honeymoon and it was nice. You can definitely fit everything in on party night. Be sure to see the Mickey Christmas story, you will have to plan the timing of it around other things just to be sure you don't miss something. We saw the stage show, then the parade and then hit the Mickey story and then grabbed a hot dog while watching part of the parade again and saw the fireworks as well. We only went on 1 or 2 rides we figured we could go on them another time since we paid extra we wanted to see the extra things you can't see during normal hours.

Got our ME tags 2 days ago and got the regular luggage tags and vouchers yesterday. Only 34 days to go. :xmas:

Upvote 0

mas

Dec. 14-21

We are going on our 3rd trip this year! Dec. 14-21.
Dining Plans done - just need to pack & drive there!
Can't wait - love WDW - hope to go to DLR next year.

:xmas:

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Got the suitcase out on the bed in the spare room and I've officially started packing today!! New toothbrush and new underwear & socks. 37 more days - looking forward to receiving my trip packet, hopefully this week. Mickey's Christmas Party, here we come!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Only 27 more days for me! Just got home from the store bought all my travel size supplies that I needed! All my docs came in the mail last week. I can hardly wait! :xmas:

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Snowed here yesterday, and it looks like it's going to stay with minus temps all week. So, I started to layout the packing. BUT, why is it whenever I start to pack, I go online shopping??? :lol:

Ordered three gift baskets from Memories by Betsy for the kids, our Santa hats with Mickey ears, plus some (warmer) clothes and pj's for me and DS from Disney online.

22 more days! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

maryt01

i know that this is 3 months later but, we are at asmu dec 1st thru dec 7th. would like to see other wdw magic friends during our stay. we are at epcot on dec 1, mk on dec 2, epcot dec 3 dis studios dec 4, ak dec 5, mk dec 6th. have ph so we could adjust schedule if necessary.:xmas::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

momofnine

23 days :sohappy::sohappy: time to pack yet?

YES!!!!! We're at 28 days and I'm going to get things together to go into the suitcases tomorrow!:ROFLOL: We have all our paper work, Tips in envelopes, party tickets, tour planned, etc.... so packing is the only thing left to do!!!! Everytime I see an airplane fly overhead, I wish it was me!
Getting very close... has anyone seen any pics of main street or the castle lights from this year yet? I would very much like to see some.

4 weeks from today I will be walking down main street!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

H20Babie

i know that this is 3 months later but, we are at asmu dec 1st thru dec 7th. would like to see other wdw magic friends during our stay. we are at epcot on dec 1, mk on dec 2, epcot dec 3 dis studios dec 4, ak dec 5, mk dec 6th. have ph so we could adjust schedule if necessary.:xmas::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

We'll be there the same time and at the same resort.

Dec 1: Arrive and MK pm for LLT dinner to kick it off :xmas:
Dec 2: AK and MVMCP in the pm
Dec 3: MK and Epcot
Dec 4: DHS
Dec 5: Epcot
Dec 6: Kids' pick in am, MK in pm
Dec 7: Kids pick in am, Epcot in pm
Dec 8: Pool (if good weather) and go home :cry:

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

33 days to go!!!! We have all our travel documents and ME vouchers. Time to do some art work on envelops for the mousekeepers and get the funds in them. I have a ton of paper receipts collected from making payments, etc which I have to sort out to take only the essential paperwork to WDW. It seems like yesterday that we were doing the double digit dance!!! We're actually starting to watch for discount offers to book for 12/09; I know it's a bit of a "sickness" but I really don't want to be cured.
I won't start packing until I see the 10 day forcast, so sometime in the first week of Dec. I spent 12 + years in the military so I can get us packed quickly!!! The trick will be packing lightly:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

momofnine

:sohappy::sohappy: WOW down to 26!!!! Everyone going in December have a GREAT time. We've been counting down on this thread for over a year (thank you BeanSz :wave:). Going over my list, this is the part of the count down where I always feel like I'm going to forget something! We will be at the MVMCP on the 9th, and Keys to the Kingdom tour on the 11th. This is our first tour, and I have heard that it is a nice one.... Going to go check my list again.:lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom