Catch a falling star.. 7/18

hauntdmansion79

When I heard the wand was coming down I, like so many of us, wanted to book a flight down to see it. I wasn't able to do that, but thanks to Merf's pictures, I really feel like I am getting to experience the wand removal step by step. Thanks Merf for these photos, I would be going crazy with curiosity without them.

I'm actually really suprised at the lack of wand removal photos on the boards, I thought for sure we would see tons of them popping up, but I find myself actually hunting for updated ones.

One more thing. Now that the star is on the ground you can really see how well built the hand/wand was strength-wise (design and appeal are a different story and are even worse up close). It really was built to withstand hurricanes and storms though. Also the lighting is very intricate too. It's interesting to see things like that up close.

thanks for listening :wave:

Figment82

While I was taking my own photos today, CMs from Guest Relations kept coming outside to take photos of each other in front of the star. I was joking with them about how it looked like a "trophy" - like when one catches a big fish and takes their photo with it. Then, I decided I had to go ahead and do the same. :) The immense size of that star is difficult to comprehend through photos - seeing it up close it's just amazing. SSE looks better already!

brkgnews

So in a semi-related vein, isn't it about time for WDI to release a few little tidbits of concept art for the interior of the reimagineered sections of the ride?

SDav10495

How the only gigs the wand can get are small sitcom and mini-mall opening appearances.

And of course it will be taking some time off to visit its equally hideous/baffling cousin in Union Square, NY:

ny082.jpg

jcraycraft

Merf thanks for the photos and videos... next best thing to being there:wave: Hard to believe that it is finally coming down!! Way to go Disney.

TomorrowlandTyler

So in a semi-related vein, isn't it about time for WDI to release a few little tidbits of concept art for the interior of the reimagineered sections of the ride?

While I was there this afternoon, I checked on unload and they ripped out the control panel and had a ton of wires exposed, so I guess SSE is getting a new ride system...or at least new controls. I know its getting new vehicles...

shanny

Perhaps I am being too optimistic, but it seems that this lil sucker will be completely gone by the time my August 18th trip rolls around (maybe a couple lil stars still scattered across the top). Anyone think this is a definite possibility?

we will be down starting on the 18th as well! where are you staying? :wave:
im also incredibly hopefull that the wand will be gone then, last time i was there without it, i didnt care at all about the geo, just the ride inside. i was also 13 at the time...oh well! im looking forward to see in the geo sans wand :)

Figment1986

Check this out:

wand1sb.jpg

wand2sb.jpg

Ok, now don't really go looking on ebay for it just yet, if you know what I mean. ;)

Now thats a hard photoshop... looks realistic. (though wouldn't mouse surplus end up with the star, while surplus kingdom sadly end up with smaller bits of the wand...like the sparkles)

jmvd20

Perhaps I am being too optimistic, but it seems that this lil sucker will be completely gone by the time my August 18th trip rolls around (maybe a couple lil stars still scattered across the top). Anyone think this is a definite possibility?

I have been saying from the get go that this is a 4 week project barring anything unforseen. I would bet there will not be much left of the support structure - if any at all by the time of your vacation.

In all reality based upon where they are at right now, another 2 - 3 weeks looks perfectly reasonable for completion. The steel should come down much quicker than some people seem to think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom