Catch a falling star.. 7/18

lpet11984

Fantastic pictures for a momentus occasion-- who's going to supply the champaign for later this week when the rest of the main structure comes down?? :)

Looking better and better with each passing day...

Expo_Seeker40

It just might be so...

5zf1e0l.jpg

jessfriends

As much as I liked the wand...I am excited to watch the progress of it being taken down and realize it was time for it to go since EPCOT will be turing 25. I am constantly reading the threads looking at the pictures and the webcam. I did like the SSE without it too and I am excited to see it like that again. I am sad the wand will be gone but excited to see SSE back to its original form along with the ride rehab...maybe I will be luckly enough to see it all in December, if not I am sure I will be on the boards reading and looking at the ride video and pics hoping I can go in 2008.

I just want to thank everyone for the photos & video of the whole wand removal process...especially Merf. It is greatly appreciated!!! I wish I could go to EPCOT whenever I felt like it!!! This is helping my WDW fix since we are not going this summer. So thanks!!! :D

Dagger

I agree--and I never realized there were SO MANY of them!! Somehow, amidst all of the stars on the wand and the wave, it didn't seem as if there were that many actually attached to the surface of the geosphere, and look, it's littered with them!!

ITA!

jedimaster1227

Incredible photos Merf! I have waited for this day for a long time, and I thank you for bringing this star to us and making our day, just a little brighter! :wave:

Won't it be nice to have a wand-less Spaceship Earth in the back of our group photo on Oct. 1st?

cb3k

As much as I liked the wand...I am excited to watch the progress of it being taken down and realize it was time for it to go since EPCOT will be turing 25. I am constantly reading the threads looking at the pictures and the webcam. I did like the SSE without it too and I am excited to see it like that again. I am sad the wand will be gone but excited to see SSE back to its original form along with the ride rehab...maybe I will be luckly enough to see it all in December, if not I am sure I will be on the boards reading and looking at the ride video and pics hoping I can go in 2008.

I just want to thank everyone for the photos & video of the whole wand removal process...especially Merf. It is greatly appreciated!!! I wish I could go to EPCOT whenever I felt like it!!! This is helping my WDW fix since we are not going this summer. So thanks!!! :D
You will definitely be able to witness the original glorious exterior, and newly refurbed interior come December.!

OneLittleSpark

As always, nice one :wave:

Makes you wonder: any bets on if they`ll crane / bronto the stars off SSE, or - here we go again - get the zip lift in 180top working again and abseil down the exterior to pick them off? If so, or for any type of access from the roof hatch, perhaps it`s scheduled with the ride rehab to get access to the hatch. Anyone recall in `99 how they put the stars on the old Geo?

:ROFLOL:
SSE.jpg

You mean this hatch? Rumor has it that the letters are already inside..:ROFLOL:

Kalikala

These pictures make me so happy!

Dressing up SSE is a lot like putting clothes on a dog- it's amusing at first, but when you really think about it, it's just plain not right.

Figments Friend

Right! If his head becomes THAT big, he will have trouble squeezing it into the entrance of SSE when it reopens! You know what THAT will mean....he WON'T be able to take any photos for us! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!:dazzle:

Just kidding....i love ya Merfy boy, these photos are absolutely AWESOME. You really know what to photograph ( close up, close in shots from different angles...drools...). You ROCK dude...( gives Merf a turtle head-butt)

I am loving this complete coverage too..."Wand Watch" LIVES! I too am thrilled at how FAST it is coming down. I suppose it makes sense, as the faster the job is done the less Disney has to pay the crew.

Man this is so exciting. Any minute now i bet we will see the Star up on eBay.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom