Big Press Event at WDW-Starts Tomorrow.

misterID

I would give up the rest of Tomorrowland except for TTA for that one attraction.

Yes, I'm serious.

You know, I always thought COP had to stay in TL just for the historic significance and because I love it for sentimental reasons... But I would swing the ____________hammer myself on that building to replace it with this. This one attraction would make TL complete, imo. I wouldnt care about Laugh Floor or Stitch. This would make everything okay.

raven

We loved Magic, Music, and Mayhem - happy to see they are bringing it back. Wish they would do it longer then August so we could see it again ;)

~Amanda

Disney didn't say officially they are bringing it back. Someone here suggested that the new fireworks show would be MMM.

Mr.EPCOT

As good as South Park is, Futurama is the best cartoon show ever created by man, bar none.

Quoted for truth.

You cannot debate this.

All glory to the hypno-toad.
hypnotoadmb8.gif

WDWGoof07

Can somebody link to a good video of MMM? You guys have me really interested, and I probably won't be going this summer.

Oh, and: The works of Tex Avery & Bob Clampett >>>>>>>>> Futurama :D

Captain Hank

I just got back from the Volunteer Press Event. It doesn't look like it was covered on here much yet, but over the past week, Disney VoluntEARS (including myself) constructed the world's largest sculpture made of canned food. There were over 115,000 cans involved in the construction, plus about 20,000 other food items to finish out the sculpture. Details, pictures and a time-lapse video of the construction process can be found here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...food-sculpture-unveiled-at-walt-disney-world/ During the time-lapse video, I cross the frame from left to right, then back from about 00:42-00:45.

A few fun facts about the sculpture itself: The entire front banner is made of tuna, Pluto is made primarily of peanut butter and instant macaroni and cheese, Mickey's ears are made of Jiffy Pop popcorn, and Goofy's hat is made of boxes of green tea. The characters' gloves are made of marshmallows. The entire structure is solid canned food, held together only by gravity and, in some cases, packing tape. Not visible in the pictures is a huge platform, made completely of cans, supporting the character heads and finishing out the 115,000 can total. Every can had to be accounted for by a representative from Guinness World Records before it was placed on the stage. All of the food is being donated to food banks in the southeast US.

I got to go to the unveiling and was subsequently filmed for a sequence of volunteers and voluntEARS loading a truck with boxes of food. Not sure what show that will be on, but I'll be keeping my eyes open. I'm completely exhausted now--I was also involved in the de-CANstruction.

WDW1974

I just got back from the Volunteer Press Event. It doesn't look like it was covered on here much yet, but over the past week, Disney VoluntEARS (including myself) constructed the world's largest sculpture made of canned food. There were over 115,000 cans involved in the construction, plus about 20,000 other food items to finish out the sculpture. Details, pictures and a time-lapse video of the construction process can be found here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...food-sculpture-unveiled-at-walt-disney-world/ During the time-lapse video, I cross the frame from left to right, then back from about 00:42-00:45.

A few fun facts about the sculpture itself: The entire front banner is made of tuna, Pluto is made primarily of peanut butter and instant macaroni and cheese, Mickey's ears are made of Jiffy Pop popcorn, and Goofy's hat is made of boxes of green tea. The characters' gloves are made of marshmallows. The entire structure is solid canned food, held together only by gravity and, in some cases, packing tape. Not visible in the pictures is a huge platform, made completely of cans, supporting the character heads and finishing out the 115,000 can total. Every can had to be accounted for by a representative from Guinness World Records before it was placed on the stage. All of the food is being donated to food banks in the southeast US.

I got to go to the unveiling and was subsequently filmed for a sequence of volunteers and voluntEARS loading a truck with boxes of food. Not sure what show that will be on, but I'll be keeping my eyes open. I'm completely exhausted now--I was also involved in the de-CANstruction.

Not sure (sadly) that many folks really care about this part of the event.
While it may give Disney loads of positive PR, they deserve it because they are doing something that REALLY matters a whole lot more than what is or isn't coming to its theme parks.

The whole Give a Day, Get a Day promotion is one of the best things Disney has ever done as a corporate citizen.

As to a few other subjects, MMM IS the show coming this summer. They're just calling it something different (likely something like Summer Magic or Summer Wishes or Summer Dreams etc). It will be tweaked some as well. But it should be very recognizable.

And something been meaning to post, but this event didn't start yesterday. It began on Monday and will run through Friday. It's just a two-day event in the eyes of the vast majority of press (and pseudo press in terms of social media, bloggers, bored philandering housewives, fanbois etc) as Disney has different events and parties that are given based on a tiered system.

Looking at your itinerary/schedule, you'd never know that there are multiple versions and Disney does its best to make sure of it.

In other words, if Disney is having a big dinner party at Jiko with Joe Rohde as featured guest, then only the invitees will know it exists.

Same with the fact certain 'media' gets flown in for free and put up at Disney's deluxe resorts, while some locals are invited in for the day and given coupons for a free QS meal etc.

That's the junket world. Not very different from what goes on during a Super Bowl or TV Press Tour, really.

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
This has been a great 2 days! This is the biggest event they've had in a while! I'm glad things will go until Sunday. There might be a few surprises.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom