Big Press Event at WDW-Starts Tomorrow.

Exprcoofto

This has been a great 2 days! This is the biggest event they've had in a while! I'm glad things will go until Sunday. There might be a few surprises.;)

There should be something "big" (using that term loosely, as it depends on what you think of it).... unless they wait for a different time to announce it.

EPCOT Explorer

Not sure (sadly) that many folks really care about this part of the event.
While it may give Disney loads of positive PR, they deserve it because they are doing something that REALLY matters a whole lot more than what is or isn't coming to its theme parks.

The whole Give a Day, Get a Day promotion is one of the best things Disney has ever done as a corporate citizen.

As to a few other subjects, MMM IS the show coming this summer. They're just calling it something different (likely something like Summer Magic or Summer Wishes or Summer Dreams etc). It will be tweaked some as well. But it should be very recognizable.

And something been meaning to post, but this event didn't start yesterday. It began on Monday and will run through Friday. It's just a two-day event in the eyes of the vast majority of press (and pseudo press in terms of social media, bloggers, bored philandering housewives, fanbois etc) as Disney has different events and parties that are given based on a tiered system.

Looking at your itinerary/schedule, you'd never know that there are multiple versions and Disney does its best to make sure of it.

In other words, if Disney is having a big dinner party at Jiko with Joe Rohde as featured guest, then only the invitees will know it exists.

Same with the fact certain 'media' gets flown in for free and put up at Disney's deluxe resorts, while some locals are invited in for the day and given coupons for a free QS meal etc.

That's the junket world. Not very different from what goes on during a Super Bowl or TV Press Tour, really.
That's what I've been thinking, and what Steve has been saying, essentially, but apparently Meggy announced it as something totally "new". :shrug: PR Spin?

And I certainly hope the name is a little more creative that you would suggest...but I would not put it past them. :lol:

Mr.EPCOT

QFT.

real-life-futurama.jpg

...Oh, I see the Disney Company has recently announced something of importance. :lol:

That is altogether surreal, ever so slightly creepy, and wholly awesome.

mpaul32001

Look what I got to do today!

17851_471079870620_878025620_11138789_5315366_n.jpg

That's Disney Channel's Ernie D and Alyson Stoner. We were actually on Radio Disney for a good 10 seconds...

Tom Beregeron!

17851_471578685620_878025620_11141690_3952353_n.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom