Big Press Event at WDW-Starts Tomorrow.

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
Big Press Event at WDW-Starts TODAY.

Jim Hill stated at the end of his newest article that he will be heading to Orlando today for a large press event in WDW that will showcase the future of Disney Parks for the next few years. It will last 2 days. According to WDWMagic member-The Raven,the WoL pavillion has multiple computer and phone lines set up as well as cubicles and confrence rooms.

And speaking of sneak previews … I’m actually headed down to Orlando today. Where I’ll be taking part in a “Give a Day, Get a Disney Day” press event. Which will supposedly feature all sorts of news about what’s in the works for Disney Parks & Resorts over the next few years.

Come on back by JHM tomorrow and (hopefully) I’ll be able to my first impressions of this two-day-long affair.

Now,the article does not say it starts tomorrow,but we can assume that because he is heading down today (so it can't be starting today),but will be giving thoughts tomorrow.

EDIT-WEDNESDAY-2/10/10 The event starts TODAY!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I read the article as well. Sounds like he's trying to remain somewhat vague just in case there aren't the breaking stories he hopes there will be at the press event. :shrug:

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
I read the article as well. Sounds like he's trying to remain somewhat vague just in case there aren't the breaking stories he hopes there will be at the press event. :shrug:

It does seem like that. Although I am fairly confident it will,with a couple members hinting that there will.

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
Hands on Network posted this:
This Thursday, Feb.11, we are celebrating the landmark Give A Day. Get A Disney Day. program with the "Celebrate Volunteers" event. You are invited to take part in the celebration with us by coming back to www.HandsOnNetwork.org/Celebrate where we will post photos, a live RSS feed and video throughout the day.

During the event, we are honoring extraordinary volunteer families from around the country. Watch highlights from their stories below, and check back later this week to follow their journey to Walt Disney World.

Figment1986

thursday and friday sounds about right... most press events are thursdays anyway to make the friday paper... bigger ones give out the bulk on thursday... and details on friday so the friday paper has something... and more info in sunday paper..

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
Ok,much confusion about this. Banks Lee just Tweeted this:

Going to the Disney Volunteers media event today and tomorrow representing @ . Will post updates tonight on my twitter.

tweeted this:

Reporters Banks Lee & Matt Paul representing at the various WDW press events the next two days, stay tuned for coverage

I've also been talking to someone on Twitter who said there are Press Parking signs up.

I will post updates here if there are any.

Captain Hank

Her kids were part of a service group back home (they were all wearing Honorary VoluntEAR buttons--that's how the conversation started), and were invited down here specifically for the event. However, she said that they hadn't been given any details about it.

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
Then there's this,from the Disney Parks Blog,talking about a blog pin:
They’re baked and ready to go…a first-ever batch of Disney Parks Blog pins.
We’re giving you a first look at the pins because attendees of the Disney Social Media Moms Celebrations event at Walt Disney World will be the first guests to receive them this week. They’ll never be for sale so we’re working on some unique ideas on how to get them into your hands. We’ll post more details here.
Also, look for other social media focused pins from Disney Parks in the future.

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
Her kids were part of a service group back home (they were all wearing Honorary VolutEAR buttons--that's how the conversation started), and were invited down here specifically for the event. However, she said that they hadn't been given any details about it.

If you read my quote from Hands on Network,you will see they are honoring Volunteers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom