Beastly Kingdom Is Back

_Scar

The que is a great ride itself, plus after the drop not much of the ride is left. That goes for most every drop ride that exists :p

jt04

Original Poster
Those would be the Atlantean Monkey lizards created by Imagineer top dog Steve Kirk.

Your telling me you don't know what they are? I am frankly disappointed at you because I would have figured you would have at least taken alook at the Mysterious Island attractions currently open at Tokyo Disneysea before posting rumors about it coming to America.

Also, go back and take alook at the original story ideas for Disney's Atlantis film as well as the Journey to the center of the earth film that was never made for more information on what could be in a DAK MI.

Oh, are they anything like Sea Monkey's? And I didn't post the rumor about MI coming to AK. But that doesn't mean I will complain if it happens.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'd think JTTCOTE would only have one track because the drop would be like SM where it would face the park for all to see (like it is in TDS, too).
It does have one drop. Anything that may or may not be built in Orlando would have the same track layout.

EPCOTPluto

At Disneyland Paris, there is for some reason a viewable dragon under their version of the Sleeping Beauty castle. Why it's there, I have no idea. :ROFLOL:

z3_mainimage.jpg

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/disneyland-park/fantasyland/la-taniere-du-dragon/

WDWFREAK53

After thinking of my idea about the "make-believe" creatures finding refuge from humans in this land...I was thinking that it also works with the Unicorn attraction. The Unicorn purposely made its living area at the end of a huge labyrinth to "hide" from the humans and other predators.

The heck with Fantasyland...I want this instead LOL

IWant2GoNow

After thinking of my idea about the "make-believe" creatures finding refuge from humans in this land...I was thinking that it also works with the Unicorn attraction. The Unicorn purposely made its living area at the end of a huge labyrinth to "hide" from the humans and other predators.

The heck with Fantasyland...I want this instead LOL

I think your "refuge land" is an AWESOME idea. It makes perfect sense and fits a very good theme. Wonderfully thought out! :king:

Buried20KLeague

I have a question about that park. It seems that whenever anyone posts pics there are very few guests seen at times. I can't figure that out. It seems it would be jammed all the time. Anyone know why that is?

Because the Japanese are ALL ABOUT THE CHARACTERS. I mean, like spooky crazy about them. Perfect example: When the MK opens in the morning here, everyone runs to their favorite ride. Over there, about 5 minutes before the turnstiles open, TONS of characters come out in front of World Bazaar. The fevered pitch in the crowd begins. Then they start letting people in, and the people RUN to the different characters. Meanwhile, after video taping the craziness, me and my family leisurely strolls back to Pooh for a few rides in a row before the line jumps to over a 90 minute wait, with a 10 minute line just to get a fastpass, which is out by noon.

We LOVED Japan, and LOVED LOVED LOVED the people. Can't wait to go back. But I gotta be honest... They really don't know what they've got with Disney Sea. TDL would be PACKED, so we'd hop on the monorail to head to TDS, and it would be just empty, comparatively. I don't want to say it's as wide a difference as DL vs. DCA, but it's all I can think of to compare it to.

EPCOTPluto

Because the Japanese are ALL ABOUT THE CHARACTERS. I mean, like spooky crazy about them. Perfect example: When the MK opens in the morning here, everyone runs to their favorite ride. Over there, about 5 minutes before the turnstiles open, TONS of characters come out in front of World Bazaar. The fevered pitch in the crowd begins. Then they start letting people in, and the people RUN to the different characters.
:eek: I should've known! Everytime I see something about Japan, it's more about the characters! :animwink:

Maybe they should bring a modified, fit-for-DAK Disneysea to Animal Kingdom...

Buried20KLeague

:eek: I should've known! Everytime I see something about Japan, it's more about the characters! :animwink:

But even knowing they love characters, it doesn't always make sense. In the back corner of TDS is "The Voyage of Sinbad". AMAZING. I'll say it again... AMAZING. Think IASW with better music, and ALL the AA's are of PoTC quality or better... There are literally hundreds in the ride. Like IASW. But there was NEVER anyone on it. In fact, there wasn't even anyone hardly back in that corner of the park. We thought it was really very sad that an attraction like that obviously wasn't appreciated. I would KILL for that ride to be stateside. And honestly, when we go back to Japan (which WILL happen), Sinbad will be the first ride we go on at TDS. It's that good. Even not knowing the language, you completely understand the story and what's happening. Absolutely classic Disney. From the 20 foot tall giant to the 40 foot long whale. Seriously.

Note to self: Check airline prices on Expedia this afternoon. :lookaroun :lol:

Buried20KLeague

Forgot to say...

It's even that way about merch. We REALLY had to search for anything that said Tokyo Disney on it. Everything was covered in characters, but no indication of it coming from the TDR. And people were buying the stuff like crazy. They just love the characters. They seemed to be viewed almost like rock stars would be.

I literally just wanted a polo or a nice shirt with something small that noted TDR, and it was nowhere to be found. NOWHERE. Some of those kinds of differences in culture were just really surprising.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom