Beastly Kingdom Is Back

EPCOTPluto

The lines don't necessarily have anything to do with the length of the ride. If the ride is loaded on a rather continuous basis...the attraction can be quite long. The longer the track, the more ride vehicles can fit on it...and the more frequent the ride vehicles can dispatch.
True. Now if it quickly loads, I will have no problem.
It's just that in TT, there's always a wait of about 4-6 minutes per vehicle per load/unload. Quite frustrating. :brick:

Again, Test Track's ride system isn't the way to go because it's...
A. Slow loading
B. Too many "starts and stops"...which backs up all of the vehicles.
C. Too many breakdowns.
Another good point. Riding the vehicle from Dinosaur, it's more realistic, rarely has as many stops &doesn't have a systematically advanced 'computer' like at TT. Although for breakdowns, well, I experienced them more at Dinosaur than TT. I know there's always a breakdown at TT, but never when I'm there. It's so weird...

Also, your comment about the size of the AA... If you want something that'll truly amaze...put a huge fire-breathing, wing-flapping, roaring dragon in...people will talk about it! (Also, it doesn't have to be THAT much larger than the Carnotaurus).
Thinking about it, I like it as well. :eek: Innovative and different from other similar running-away storylines in other attractions.
It's what I secretly want to happen now. :lol: I am thinking of this, but more animated & with those legs.

river_dragon.jpg

...make it seem like you've entered a real place on Earth and these "once thought to be imaginary" creatures somehow flocked to this land to avoid extinction from human interaction. (This would also tie in with the "conservation" and "protect the wildlife" themes...even if the animals are "made-up.") Dragons need heat to survive...and they are threatened by humans. Perfect, put them in a volcano and make them "not happy to see us."
It's why I think it's interesting that they placed Expedition Everest in a far away place from Beastly Kingdom's original spot. It's why I also believe that neither MI or BK will ever exist. :) I still would like to think of a good storyline for that to happen.
Maybe that gold treasure would be a nice revised storyline...

Overall, well said, WDWFREAK53. :)

Sassagoula

Why hasn't nyone brought up the hugley popular Hercules movie? You can go into Hade's underworld and face cerebrus, titans, and Hade himself t the end. Plus I can see a pegasus-like Dumbo ride for the kids. And a Phil ride of some sort.

I always thought it was a no-brainer to add Greece to the WS. It's a beautiful country with tons of history and mythology to draw from, iconic architecture, great food, and a movie tie-in. Many rides, not just Hercules-related, could be easily imagined. Just from mythology alone! Maybe Disney thinks that the movie wasn't popular enough in a long-term way to deserve it? WS clearly needs new attractions, and the outpost needs to go.

jt04

Original Poster
It's why I think it's interesting that they placed Expedition Everest in a far away place from Beastly Kingdom's original spot. It's why I also believe that neither MI or BK will ever exist. :) I still would like to think of a good storyline for that to happen. Maybe that gold treasure would be a nice revised storyline...

Overall, well said. :)

You might be right that MI or BK will never exist because it could be called "Discovery Bay".

Personally I'm torn on the subject. I'd love to see MI/DB built in Florida but I also like the idea of AK being based on continents. That fits the word "World" in Walt Disney World's moniker much better. And they could still add franchises and thrill rides such as Indiana Jones in a South America themed land for instance. But if we get a Discovery Bay, I would not complain.

EPCOTPluto

Sassagoula:

I think Greece could fit nicely in the Outpost as well. It even has a river! Any rivers famous in Greek mythology?

Of course, it means that they would need to occupy space for the Illumination barges...

I could also see it fit somewhere between Morocco & France. :)

You might be right that MI or BK will never exist because it could be called "Discovery Bay".

Personally I'm torn on the subject. I'd love to see MI/DB built in Florida but I also like the idea of AK being based on continents. That fits the word "World" in Walt Disney World's moniker much better. And they could still add franchises and thrill rides such as Indiana Jones in a South America themed land for instance. But if we get a Discovery Bay, I would not complain.
I still believe AK will never get anything related to Discovery Bay, but I do like the continent idea. It's a response to the MK's lands. :animwink:

A South America "land"... Brazil? Spain? Argentina? Interesting nonetheless...

Dinoman96

I think that can all be ruled out. The Fantasia-esque European folk lore stuff is headed to the MK.

AK sounds like it will get sea serpents, giant squid, lava monsters and Atlantis Snake Monkeys. Only enigma knows what those last ones are however.

"Atlantis Snake Monkeys.....why did it have to be Atlantis Snake Monkeys?"

See, AK is supposed represent three types of animals, Mythological, Extinct, and Modern. When people usually think the work "Mythological", they think of dragons, unicorns, phoenixes...and lava monsters?

Also, even if the creatures in JTTCOTE are fake monsters, those were just made up by imagineers, not legends. It's like putting Godzilla in because hes "Mythological". :shrug:

Horizonsfan

Niether of which need to happen - on TT or JTTCOTE.

Correct me if I'm wrong marni but, didn't WDI improve TT's tech (as far as reliability) for JTTCOTE. I also thought that they had improved it even more for Carsland. Wasn't it just down to someone paying to ugrade the TT computers/system?

And I can't believe people don't want the Magma monster! She looks pretty scary/thrilling to me (and reminds me of the AE alien):

gallery006.jpg

gallery007.jpg

Dinoman96

Correct me if I'm wrong marni but, didn't WDI improve TT's tech (as far as reliability) for JTTCOTE. I also thought that they had improved it even more for Carsland. Wasn't it just down to someone paying to ugrade the TT computers/system?

And I can't believe people don't want the Magma monster! She looks pretty scary/thrilling to me (and reminds me of the AE alien):

gallery006.jpg

gallery007.jpg

I don't hate it, I actually think it looks cool, but the Vernes theme is most likely getting the old chop chop, and replaced with the Mythological creatures theme...maybe they can put it under Dragon Mountain like what they did with the dragon and the castle at Disneyland Paris. ;)

Horizonsfan

I don't hate it, I actually think it looks cool, but the Vernes theme is most likely getting the old chop chop, and replaced with the Mythological creatures theme...maybe they can put it under Dragon Mountain like what they did with the dragon and the castle at Disneyland Paris. ;)

I thought that the whole dragon talk was just speculation/wishful thinking.:shrug:

WDW1974

I think talk of anything of substance at DAK is just (sadly) wishful thinking.

How many billions does anyone really think Disney can/will spend on Parks and Resorts annually going forward?

Look at what's already been announced or we are 99.9% sure is on the way ... and why am I repeating myself ... see ya on page 89 of the thread!

jakeman

See, AK is supposed represent three types of animals, Mythological, Extinct, and Modern. When people usually think the work "Mythological", they think of dragons, unicorns, phoenixes...and lava monsters?

Also, even if the creatures in JTTCOTE are fake monsters, those were just made up by imagineers, not legends. It's like putting Godzilla in because hes "Mythological". :shrug:
It's "Animals that were, animals that are, and animals that will never be".

It's not as narrow as just mythological.

Sassagoula

Sassagoula:

I think Greece could fit nicely in the Outpost as well. It even has a river! Any rivers famous in Greek mythology?

Of course, it means that they would need to occupy space for the Illumination barges...

I could also see it fit somewhere between Morocco & France. :)

I still believe AK will never get anything related to Discovery Bay, but I do like the continent idea. It's a response to the MK's lands. :animwink:

A South America "land"... Brazil? Spain? Argentina? Interesting nonetheless...

I just looked at an aerial map, and you're right! I didn't realize there was that much space behind the outpost. Maybe not enough for a huge land, but certainly an attraction, shop or two and restaurant. (And that would already have more than some of the countries!) The wedge between Morocco and France isn't too bad either.

There's plenty of myth centered around the river Styx, which besides the whole gateway to the underworld thing, also had the reputation for giving immortality to anyone who stepped into its waters. If nothing else, it's a nice backdrop for a proper land. :)

_Scar

Can someone explain this dragon in DLP? Is it in there Sleeping Beauty Castle? Is it somewhere else? Is it a ride? I'm really confused.

Horizonsfan

I think talk of anything of substance at DAK is just (sadly) wishful thinking.

How many billions does anyone really think Disney can/will spend on Parks and Resorts annually going forward?

Look at what's already been announced or we are 99.9% sure is on the way ... and why am I repeating myself ... see ya on page 89 of the thread!

Trust me. I'm not expecting anything for quite some time at AK. Should they surprise us with something worthwhile I'll be shocked and ecstatic. (I'm already shocked that ST 2 and the FL refurb snuck up like they did)

For me, I'm viewing this as just a discussion in how they would do it, not what they are doing. It's a rumor at this point and nothing more.

Dinoman96

Can someone explain this dragon in DLP? Is it in there Sleeping Beauty Castle? Is it somewhere else? Is it a ride? I'm really confused.

At Disneyland Paris, there is for some reason a viewable dragon under their version of the Sleeping Beauty castle. Why it's there, I have no idea. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom