Beastly Kingdom Is Back

EPCOT Explorer

What a poor excuse for not using something that helped make Disney, Disney, and something that still never ceases to amaze people everyday at these parks.

Anywho, I'm off to MK to ride Mansion, Splash, and Big Thunder, and then grab the new Jungle Cruise T-shirt!:D

New one!? Oooooh!

(take pics!:lol:)

whylightbulb

THANK YOU WHYLIGHTBULB!!!!!!!!!!

I have often wanted to say this but I was afraid too. And it's precisely why we don't see more AA's.
I'd much prefer Disney to crack down on their maint. departments and reinstate the budgets they used to allocate for this important function. The Pressler years really saw some major cost-cutting in terms of maintenance and show quality. It really isn't just attitudes it's also all the cutbacks. We really do need new animatronic rides in my opinion.

Dinoman96

It's not that I don't want it to come here, but to me, it doesn't fit in with its original form. It seems to science fictioney for BK. As I said, it can come if it's rethemed, like my Dragon Mountain idea.

Plus, completely porting it instead of mostly building something new is kinda lazy to me. :shrug:

imagineer boy

I'd much prefer Disney to crack down on their maint. departments and reinstate the budgets they used to allocate for this important function. The Pressler years really saw some major cost-cutting in terms of maintenance and show quality. It really isn't just attitudes it's also all the cutbacks. We really do need new animatronic rides in my opinion.

I agree, advanced animatronics is what's made Disney so special and popular. Most certainly not screen technology.

WDW1974

I don't think they built TDS with the idea of drawing Westerners. "Original" was the theme of the whole park. There's just so much there that is nowhere else. They just went a completely different and new direction than they ever have before for that park.

That is very true. It's well-known that Disney/Eisner tried to shove the Disney-MGM Studios second gate idea on them. Disney really wanted to duplicate studio parks like mall retail outlets.

It was OLC that wanted something different and the Japanese have a love with the seas. And Disney did have some Port Disney stuff lying around ... and the rest is history.

Disney/OLC never expected any significant amount of westerners to visit TDL and later TDS ... they were looking for Japan's market ... a huge one that loves all things American, especially Disney and its characters.

But with Disney not making all the money from those parks, I don't think it was designed thinking about drawing international visitors. I mean, think about it. How many casual Americans/Europeans even know there's a Disney resort in Japan? I don't believe it's many. They want to steer all of us to CA and FL. Which makes sense.

Disney wanted to keep those parks a secret from Americans for as long as possible (for obvious reasons) ... unfortunately, this isn't the 1980s and the word has gotten out beyond just rabid Disney fans. Still, 99.9999% of visitors to WDW won't be swapping TDR out instead.

But you need to GO, jt. I think it would change the way you see theme parks, just like it has for me. When even my 10 and 11 year old girls see it, it's obvious.

EDIT TO ADD: I'd love to see charters from HI, but I can't see it happening. They'd rather keep them at the resort in HI where they'll make more margin. With the OLC owning TDR, Disney really doesn't promote going there. Which is sad.

Disney will never 'promote' TDR ... it isn't in their best interests, obviously. It does just fine on its own.

As to Hawaii, I'd look for tie-ins with Adventures By Disney and DCL in the future (much like DC) but nothing on any park front.

The Conundrum

Here are the monkey lizards from Mysterious Island and let me just say I am blown away that im like the only one here who knows what they are. Its funny how 90% of the people here want Mysterious Island but they didn't even bother to research what the land is all about (like I did 10 years ago!)

http://www.scottshermandesign.com/html/tdspage11a.html

WDW1974 said:
Disney will never 'promote' TDR ... it isn't in their best interests, obviously. It does just fine on its own.

Actually I have seen them promote TDR in the magazines as well as on the WDW resort tv channels no less!

_Scar

Here are the monkey lizards from Mysterious Island and let me just say I am blown away that im like the only one here who knows what they are. Its funny how 90% of the people here want Mysterious Island but they didn't even bother to research what the land is all about (like I did 10 years ago!)

http://www.scottshermandesign.com/html/tdspage11a.html

Actually I have seen them promote TDR in the magazines as well as on the WDW resort tv channels no less!

I admit I haven't researched their 20k, but anything from TDS I will accept 100%.

The Conundrum

YES...YES!!! Sinbad is a masterpiece and by far the most underrated attraction anywhere. I would say Compass of Your Heart is the most catchy Disney theme park song anywhere. The finale sequence with the fireworks, multitude of AAs and the choral arrangement is brilliant! The sets, story (which as you said can be understood even if you don't speak Japense), AAs (even more amazing because of their size) and everything else is among the best Disney has ever produced. Why can't we get this ride here? If ever there was a reason for a clone this would be it. Have I said how much I love the Sinbad ride yet?

Which version of the sinbad ride?

The one that opened with the park or the redone version?

EpcotServo

This Mysterious Island/Beastly Kingdom thing still going on?

I've yet to see any proof this is back in action, yet there is so much thread...Oh well, get busy talkin' or get busy dyin'...
:lookaroun :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

do you have a source you get your info from?
Just do some reading....and I listen to people. ;) Some of those people might be really talking to me in real life, however...:lookaroun

This Mysterious Island/Beastly Kingdom thing still going on?

I've yet to see any proof this is back in action, yet there is so much thread...Oh well, get busy talkin' or get busy dyin'...
:lookaroun :lol:

When we are in DAK I am will repeatedly ask you where BK/MI is. You have fair warning.:lookaroun

EpcotServo

When we are in DAK I am will repeatedly ask you where BK/MI is. You have fair warning.:lookaroun

There's actually an incredibly awesome detail marking where Beastly Kingdom begins, just remind me to go down a little ways the entrance to Camp Minnie/Mickey and show everybody...
:lol: :D

FigmentJedi

Which version of the sinbad ride?

The one that opened with the park or the redone version?

The redone version has never sat right with me. Toned down the whole "Everything trying to kill you" vibe of the original that was so cool. LIke it was the incredibly manly baby of Pirates and Small World.
It was better when it showed more of the Pirates side of it's parentage rather then the Small World side made more apparent in the current one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom