Beastly Kingdom Is Back

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
(everest in blue)
What is the area shaded in yellow?? Construction is going on....
Construction isn`t going on. That`s the remains of WDWs second tree farm. The land was cleared in 1995 as mentioned for Tiger River Run. It has just been left barren ever since and used as a staging area.

stitch2008

Well, just a few minutes ago, I made a layout for my version of BK:

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee88/Dinoman96/?action=view&current=Ideal.jpg

Color Key:

Orange: Ride
Green: Gift Shop
Red: (This one speaks for itself) Restaurant (And yeah, I know I spelled it wrong on there, whoops)
Blue: Shows
Pink: Other attractions

Anyways, on to the rides/attractions/shows/etc!

Rides:

1. Dragon's Mountain: Rethemed version of the popular Journey to the Center of the Earth from Tokyo DisneySea. The new plot is that you are sent into a mining trip, only to be knocked into the dragon's territories..and he's not happy at all about it either.

2. Voyage of the Kraken: Rethemed version of Tokyo DisneySea's version of 20K. While diving into the forboding lake, you come face to face with the mighty Kraken himself.

3. PhoeNix Flying coaster: See here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=466382 . Would be build on the by-then abadoned FOTLK backstage

Gift Shops:

1. Dragon's Treasures: Gift shop inside Dragon's Moutain. Includes various merchandise related to dragons (There would be one shirt that would have all the dragons Disney made, including the dragon from the ride)

2. The Kraken's horde: Themed to be the Kraken's stash of treasure. Various Atlantis and Kraken themed merchandise would be found here

3. Gifts of the Phoenixes: See link above. At this point, FOTLK, instead of being closed down, would be moved to Rafiki's Planet Watch, due to its popularity. So, the gift shop would be build on the former theater. Sells Phoenix related merchandise

4. Unicorn Cart: A cart that sells Unicorn related merchandise. Would be found near the exit of Quest for the Unicorn.

5. King Herloon's gifts: The largest shop of the land. It has a lot of merchandise based on medieval ages and mythological creatures (Oh, and btw, King Herloon is the name of the current kind, wise, king of the land)

Restaurant:

1 and only: Ferno Restaurant: Similar to Vulcanis from TDS, this restaurant would be put inside Dragon's Mountain, and would have a more lava theme to it.

Shows:

1. Dragon talk with Treaco: Inside a cavern connected to Dragon's Mountain, would be a slightly large, but friendly dragon that will talk to guest and tell them about legends. This would use the same technology that the Talking Fountain from IOA uses.

2. Gargoyles: Battle for the Kingdom: What is considered to be one of Disney's darkest cartoon, I think the cult-classic Gargoyles could use some Representation at WDW..or any Disney theme park for that matter. Anyways, this show would talk place weeks before the first episode of the series, and would show the Gargoyles and their battle to save the kingdom they love...well, hey, my BK still has the Medieval atmosphere, and technically, Gargoyles are mythological, so, I think it could work. Also, it would be build on the former site of the Pocahontas and her forest friends show.

Other attractions:

1. Mythadex: Seeing as AK is supposed to be an educational park, my idea would be a Pokedex like item that guest could bring around the area. It would identify several AA creatures. The device could also be used on rides and attractions, such as Dragon's Mountain, Dragon Talk, and Voyage of the Kraken. Half of the animals it can identify are in the Quest for the Unicorn maze....speaking of which....

2. Quest for the Unicorn Maze: A resurrected version of the original maze from the earlier plans of BK. It would have a more mythological forest feel to it, and guest would walk by several AA legendary creatures living their life. A few scenes would include a family of Griffins eating, and above a bridge, one could see the Loch ness monster, swimming through the lake. Quest are sent into the mythological unknown to find the legendary golden horn Unicorn, which, instead of the normal unicorns (Which are a common species in the land, btw), it has a golden horn, hence its name.

Nice list. Here's some thoughts from me.

1. Journey to the Center of the Earth concerns me. Even if it is rethemed to a dragon. It just seems too similar to EE. A thrill ride based around a giant AA figure. But thats just me.:shrug:

2. The 20K ride and flying coaster sound fun.

3. I dont know if Gargoyles would work. Sounds fun though. And im sure it would be very popular if they made a live action film of the show(which i think Disney must be considering if they are spending lots of money on Tron Legacy)

Everything else sounds great.

_Scar

Here's my BK:

Journey to the Center of the Earth- Go into the depths of the underworld and see Hades' (from Hercules) titans, minions, and some familiar faces along the way. The fates will entertain quests in the que predicting an encounter with Hades himself. Once you get transported down in the que you'll see Phil captured by Pain and Panic.telling you not to worry because Hercules is going to save you and Meg. Along the the actual ride, you'll have close calls with a massive cyclops, various titans, and see the fates again cutting strings with the next room being the room with all the wandering ghosts (like in the movie). After all of that, Hercules will appear and save you from a falling boulder, but he then throws it back into the air and it lands right in font of our car causing it to make a wrong turn. Shortly after that, Hades will finally appear with Meg by his side. At first, Hades will have his normal blue attire, but then will get angry that you've trespassed in his realm and a massive fireball will be placed in his hand and his hair will go up in bright yellow. This will cue the test track portion of the ride, and then the drop. The nest and final room will be with Zeus and he will tell you that you are now a Greek god and are very brave for helping Hercules save Meg.

(You can sort of tell I've been thinking about this a lot, but a lot of things are still sketchy :) at least tell me if it sounds cool :lol:)

Outside of JttCotE:

Pegasus Ride: Dumbo-like ride, but with Pegasus cars.

Phil's Zero to Hero Training: a 3D ride that parallels with TSMM

Meg Meet-and-Greet
Hercules Meet-and-Greet

Dinoman96

Here's my BK:

Journey to the Center of the Earth- Go into the depths of the underworld and see Hades' (from Hercules) titans, minions, and some familiar faces along the way. The fates will entertain quests in the que predicting an encounter with Hades himself. Once you get transported down in the que you'll see Phil captured by Pain and Panic.telling you not to worry because Hercules is going to save you and Meg. Along the the actual ride, you'll have close calls with a massive cyclops, various titans, and see the fates again cutting strings with the next room being the room with all the wandering ghosts (like in the movie). After all of that, Hercules will appear and save you from a falling boulder, but he then throws it back into the air and it lands right in font of our car causing it to make a wrong turn. Shortly after that, Hades will finally appear with Meg by his side. At first, Hades will have his normal blue attire, but then will get angry that you've trespassed in his realm and a massive fireball will be placed in his hand and his hair will go up in bright yellow. This will cue the test track portion of the ride, and then the drop. The nest and final room will be with Zeus and he will tell you that you are now a Greek god and are very brave for helping Hercules save Meg.

(You can sort of tell I've been thinking about this a lot, but a lot of things are still sketchy :) at least tell me if it sounds cool :lol:)

Outside of JttCotE:

Pegasus Ride: Dumbo-like ride, but with Pegasus cars.

Phil's Zero to Hero Training: a 3D ride that parallels with TSMM

Meg Meet-and-Greet
Hercules Meet-and-Greet

You might as well called that Hercules Land then.

Also, we have enough Dumbo type rides, so...:|

EPCOT Explorer

Cool Fact:

As part off Kilimanjaro Safaris strategic and careful planning, they utilized the location of the tree farm to make the first view of the grasslands look like the Serengeti goes on for miles and miles more than it does.

:D

Save it for our tour!:lol: You are giving too much away on here.:lol:

Dinoman96

Y'know, I wish they didn't put a backstage between Africa and CMM/BK/MI. That way, if there was enough room, we could of of gotten a new land, like Australia, in between it all, connecting all the main lands. :(

_Scar

Y'know, I wish they didn't put a backstage between Africa and CMM/BK/MI. That way, if there was enough room, we could of of gotten a new land, like Australia, in between it all, connecting all the main lands. :(

Hopefully a BK expansion would d that like Everest connected Asia to Dinoland and alleviated some walking

edit- mayb they can include these beasts

BHC+2.jpg

*sarcasm*

Dinoman96

Hopefully a BK expansion would d that like Everest connected Asia to Dinoland and alleviated some walking

edit- mayb they can include these beasts

BHC+2.jpg

*sarcasm*

Knowing Disney and their habbit of throwing Disney characters everywhere, that will probably happen. :ROFLOL:

Dinoman96

Also, I noticed the circle around MI is actually part of the track. Incase it wouldn't surround the entire land, Dragon's Mountain would have a slightly deeper drop, to make it go underground.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom