Beastly Kingdom Is Back

_Scar

There's actually an incredibly awesome detail marking where Beastly Kingdom begins, just remind me to go down a little ways the entrance to Camp Minnie/Mickey and show everybody...
:lol: :D

I'm going there next monday, can you tell me where to look? :D

krankenstein

There's actually an incredibly awesome detail marking where Beastly Kingdom begins, just remind me to go down a little ways the entrance to Camp Minnie/Mickey and show everybody...
:lol: :D

I was going to ask you about that!:lol We must see it!:sohappy:

(I will be in awe, trust me...:D)

Wow, you haven't seen that?????

Servo, we really do have a DAK n00b on our hands. :lol:

is there some clues in camp minnie and mickey im not seeing?

They have clues all over DAK...if you know where to look.

Dinoman96

is there some clues in camp minnie and mickey im not seeing?

There's some outside of CMM

* The dedication mentions dragons
* The aforementioned dragon fountain
* The dragon head at the entrance
* The Unicorn parking lot
* The Dragon in the logo
* Griffons, pegasus, unicorns, etc are carved into the ticket booth, which is also where the dragon head is
* There was a puff of smoke that came out from a cave, which was a scene from the now defunt Discovery River boats
* There was a Happy-meal promotion for AK, with one of the toys being a purple dragon
* Expedition Everest features a yeti, which is mythological, of course

krankenstein

There's some outside of CMM

* The dedication mentions dragons
* The aforementioned dragon fountain
* The dragon head at the entrance
* The Unicorn parking lot
* The Dragon in the logo
* There was a puff of smoke that came out from a cave, which was a scene from the now defunt Discovery River boats
* There was a Happy-meal promotion for AK, with one of the toys being a purple dragon
* Expedition Everest features a yeti, which is mythological, of course

You forgot the griffons, pegasus, unicorns, etc also carved into the ticket booths. :lookaroun

krankenstein

Added.

So, anywho, what would you prefer?

1. Exact clone of MI
2. Rethemed version of JTTCOTE and possibly with a rethemed 20K in a new land

I personally want the original BK. Since that isn't happening, I'll take a nicely rethemed MI (not that it is happening either).

Buried20KLeague

Is the TDS 20k really a simulation of going underwater, for a lack of better words?

Yep. It works pretty well, honestly. At times you even have sort of a "floating" sensation.

It's an overhead track, sort of like Peter Pan. And there's a bit of interactivity to it... Spotlights that at times you're in control of and can shine them on whatever you like.

But it's very smooth, and well done. You really only see the track if you sort of lean out of the bubble window and look up, TRYING to see it.

It ain't the storyline for 20k you're used to... :lookaroun Being a big fan of 20k (obviously!!) I purposely didn't do any homework on the ride before going on it. Pretty soon, I was saying "what the heck are aliens doing underwater?!?!?!?) :lol: But it was fun. Weird though, that the whole que references the REAL 20k, but then the ride was such a diversion away from it.

Buried20KLeague

Which version of the sinbad ride?

The one that opened with the park or the redone version?

The only version I've ridden was the redone one. Truthfully I knew it had been redone, but had no idea what it used to be like.

I can say that the version I saw was WONDERFUL though... It DID lean more towards IASW than POTC, as tahu said... But that was okay for me. The music, scenes, effects, and AA's were great. Just great. It was almost a year and a half ago now, and it was in Japanese, but I can still sing the entire melody of that song in my mind.

But even knowing that we were there after the new version had opened and there STILL was never even one person in line... Sad. :( I would easily put Sinbad on par with HM, POTC, Splash, or even Tokyo's version of the ToT... And that's saying a LOT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom