Beastly Kingdom Is Back

Buried20KLeague

Interesting. I also scourge up a vid from Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsGp92IQCVc&feature=related

Nice alternative. :)

That video gives you an idea of what it's like, but really doesn't do it justice. I've got HD video of the whole thing, and even THAT doesn't really do it justice.

One spot on that video really shows the true grandeur of that area of the park though... Right before they board the ride, the camera pans around right, and you can see out into the calera for a few seconds. You can really get an idea of the scope and size of the whole place. And that's even with the junky clarity of that video, too.

Right about the 4:10 mark is where I'm talking about.

jedimaster1227

Added.

So, anywho, what would you prefer?

1. Exact clone of MI
2. Rethemed version of JTTCOTE and possibly with a rethemed 20K in a new land

I would definitely have to go with an exact clone of Mysterious Island. DisneySea itself nearly melted my eyes with how much beautiful detail was engrained in every little stone, brick or crack of the park. While every section of the park is incredibly strong (we actually spent the most time in the Mermaid Lagoon, if that gives you any idea of how impressed we were with the place), but Mysterious Island is the crown jewel. Journey to the Center of the Earth is by far the most well designed, well themed attraction I've ever been on. The ride is intense, thrilling and something to behold, both in experience and in sight. Even better, the ride's score (and the island's background loop in general) set an amazing tone that complement the visual feast as you coast along the caverns of the Earth's core. Maybe the biggest thing that surprised me was how impressed I truly was with the Lava Worm animatronic--and reflecting on this, I now know why I was somewhat underwhelmed by the Yeti.

20,000 Leagues under the Sea took me by surprise, not only because of how little I knew of the attraction beforehand, but because of how innovative the ride system and its many features are when used in cooperation with the overall theme and its many facets. Who knew Peter Pan's ride system could be put to such an amazing use? By darkening your surroundings, grating the station with moisture and "dive effects" and enclosing your riders in a "dry-for-wet" submarine, the illusion of deep water submarining is easily achieved. The ride's sets rival some of those seen in the Indiana Jones Adventure found across the park, and even though I didn't understand the Japanese narration, the ride's story was perfectly conveyed before me through a universal language of beauty and wonderful design. The finale (though I won't ruin it entirely for those that have yet to experience this wonderful ride) puts to use a seemingly simple flashlight but adds an extra dimension of interactivity and story depth that only seems appropriate for this kind of attraction.

With a proper copy of Mysterious Island, these attractions would fit in perfectly at the Walt Disney World Resort. And considering that Animal Kingdom is still one "weenie" short, I'd place my bets on a volcano eruption taking place sooner or later on the left side of the park... :animwink:

Here's a look at some of the DisneySea photos I took during my visit almost three years ago: http://www.themeparkreview.com/foru...start=10&sid=dc11dbcc4d5711578e073eea57673d5a. I believe this may help to explain my enthusiasm for the park and its many beautiful assets.

EPCOT Explorer

I would definitely have to go with an exact clone of Mysterious Island. DisneySea itself nearly melted my eyes with how much beautiful detail was engrained in every little stone, brick or crack of the park. While every section of the park is incredibly strong (we actually spent the most time in the Mermaid Lagoon, if that gives you any idea of how impressed we were with the place), but Mysterious Island is the crown jewel. Journey to the Center of the Earth is by far the most well designed, well themed I've ever been on. The ride is intense, thrilling and something to behold, both in experience and in sight. Even better, the ride's score (and the island's background loop in general) set an amazing tone that complement the visual feast as you coast along the caverns of the Earth's core. Maybe the biggest thing that surprised me was how impressed I truly was with the Lava Worm animatronic--and reflecting on this, I now know why I was somewhat underwhelmed by the Yeti.

20,000 Leagues under the Sea took me by surprise, not only because of how little I knew of the attraction beforehand, but because of how innovative the ride system and its many features are when used in cooperation with the overall theme and its many facets. Who knew Peter Pan's ride system could be put to such an amazing use? By darkening your surroundings, grating the station with moisture and "dive effects" and enclosing your riders in a "dry-for-wet" submarine, the illusion of deep water submarining is easily achieved. The ride's sets rival some of those seen in the Indiana Jones Adventure found across the park, and even though I didn't understand the Japanese, the ride's story was perfectly conveyed before me through a universal language of beauty and wonderful design. The finale (though I won't ruin it entirely for those that have yet to experience this wonderful ride) puts to use a seemingly simple flashlight but adds an extra dimension of interactivity and story depth that only seems appropriate for this kind of attraction.

With a proper copy of Mysterious Island, these attractions would fit in perfectly at the Walt Disney World Resort. And considering that Animal Kingdom is still one "weenie" short, I'd place my bets on a volcano eruption taking place sooner or later on the left side of the park... :animwink:

Here's a look at some of the DisneySea photos I took during my visit almost three years ago: http://www.themeparkreview.com/foru...start=10&sid=dc11dbcc4d5711578e073eea57673d5a. I believe this may help to explain my enthusiasm for the park and its many beautiful assets.

:D

Ah, Adam....You taunt us so, with Tokyo.

However, what of the legal proceedings? I was told, and was under the impression that a exact lift is impossible because of the OLC.

Horizonsfan

:D

Ah, Adam....You taunt us so, with Tokyo.

However, what of the legal proceedings? I was told, and was under the impression that a exact lift is impossible because of the OLC.

First, I gotta say that this is wonderful if the volcano has re-entered the discussion. Now if they would only build it...

Secondly, I though that the legal protection on the stuff at TDS was an exclusivity agreement that would last only 5-10 years. If it's only five years then, obviously, they can build it no problem. If it's 10, you would get into grey area as there's no way the ride would open before 2011, 10 years after TDS's opening. Would construction constitute a violation of the agreement? :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

First, I gotta say that this is wonderful if the volcano has re-entered the discussion. Now if they would only build it...

Secondly, I though that the legal protection on the stuff at TDS was an exclusivity agreement that would last only 5-10 years. If it's only five years then, obviously, they can build it no problem. If it's 10, you would get into grey area as there's no way the ride would open before 2011, 10 years after TDS's opening. Would construction constitute a violation of the agreement? :shrug:

I too, am thrilled that the Volcano would be back. Hopefully with that lovely inferno effect.:lol:

And that's a very interesting thought about the construction vs. opening. I had never come across that in my readings.

jt04

Original Poster
No, after that, it would only shoot steam....And be known as BMode.

Rampant threads would pop up when it started sparking one day.:lookaroun:lol:

I don't think they need a volcano but if they did build one, I wonder if it would look like a South Pacifc volcano from one angle and Kilimanjaro from other angles (Africa, AKL)?

EPCOT Explorer

That is news to me. Care to elaborate?

As you walk around Mount Prometheus the face of the mountain changes to reflect the themeing.:cool:

Pics...
Mysterious Island
big-volcano-journey-to.jpg

Cape Cod and the change...
IMG_0590.jpg

Amazing, no?

jt04

Original Poster
As you walk around Mount Prometheus the face of the mountain changes to reflect the themeing.:cool:

Pics...
Mysterious Island
big-volcano-journey-to.jpg

Cape Cod and the change...
IMG_0590.jpg

Amazing, no?

Yes, I love stuff like that. So is it themed as just a regular mountain from the other angle?

jedimaster1227

I didn't say it would happen for sure, but I've been given enough info to believe this is still down the pipeline.

As for the OLC, it will all depend on whats going on with Tokyo Disneyland within the next three-four years. I've heard some interesting stuff stemming out of Tokyo, and I'm hopeful that its true. Whatever the case, true or not, I can assure you that Disney will work around the legalities of the situation if they truly want the attraction for themselves. There are several ways to go about getting Mysterious Island, and I know at least two that are being worked on a possibilties.

EPCOT Explorer

I didn't say it would happen for sure, but I've been given enough info to believe this is still down the pipeline.

As for the OLC, it will all depend on whats going on with Tokyo Disneyland within the next three-four years. I've heard some interesting stuff stemming out of Tokyo, and I'm hopeful that its true. Whatever the case, true or not, I can assure you that Disney will work around the legalities of the situation if they truly want the attraction for themselves. There are several ways to go about getting Mysterious Island, and I know at least two that are being worked on a possibilties.

Right, I know how unstable these things can be...

And Tokyo always has something going on...:lol: Now they are looking to get WoC, TSMM...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom