Beastly Kingdom Is Back

hoke2007

Perhaps....Some new scenes could be added, such as a treasure room near the end in reference to Dragon Tower.

That would be great. If there were a couple more show scenes added, it would be unbelievable. That queue is pretty much an attraction by itself. I just hope that if we get JTTCOTE, WDW does it right.

Buried20KLeague

It does look nice...but REALLY short for the size of the building that's housing it!

JTTCOTE isn't the only thing in that building. There's actually quite a few things in there. A restaurant (Vulcania, which is great), another ride (20k), a HUGE counter service place with great food, the "fortress exploration" I think they called it... Plus the lower level is for pass-through boat travel and special water effects when the boats aren't in there. I said it before... I could literally spend hours in there, just taking it all in.

Jasonflz

JTTCOTE isn't the only thing in that building. There's actually quite a few things in there. A restaurant (Vulcania, which is great), another ride (20k), a HUGE counter service place with great food, the "fortress exploration" I think they called it... Plus the lower level is for pass-through boat travel and special water effects when the boats aren't in there. I said it before... I could literally spend hours in there, just taking it all in.

A great example of why Disney Sea beats all. You can go for one day and (if you are the type that likes to absorb the atmosphere) probably not be able to finish it all. Same with World Showcase.

jt04

Original Poster
A great example of why Disney Sea beats all. You can go for one day and (if you are the type that likes to absorb the atmosphere) probably not be able to finish it all. Same with World Showcase.

I have a question about that park. It seems that whenever anyone posts pics there are very few guests seen at times. I can't figure that out. It seems it would be jammed all the time. Anyone know why that is?

WDWFREAK53

Ok, that makes more sense now.

Here's my take on the video.

Maybe it's that the ride doesn't "film" well...but I was less than impressed with it. Yeah, it had a nice "immersive" experience...and a cool animatronic...but overall...not "thrilled" and don't consider this an "Epic" attraction in the likes of Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror.
(Again, I'm only basing this from the video).

For the DAK version...I wouldn't like to see this at all. I want more (call me greedy). I want a main attraction that's at least 10 minutes long. I don't want a Test Track style ride through a volcano. Test Track's ride system doesn't seem like the best choice...and I only say that because, unless that videographer was inhuman...that ride is WAY too smooth to be driving through tunnels in a volcano. New ride system... I'm not saying a Dinosaur/Indy Rover...but maybe a coaster style with hydraulic cabs that can simulate the bumpy terrain.

Now...the AA is impressive...but again, it doesn't really "do anything" for the ride. So, you drive by a Monster that appears to have just stubbed it's toe. For DAK I want to go exploring and have multiple run-ins with a huge dragon...a fire-breathing dragon. Much like Dinosaur, that Carnotaurus seems to "chase" you around the attraction popping up in different places...I'd like the Dragon to do something similar. Instead of "running away" from it...drive right through it's legs. I don't need a "super-thrilling" fast ride...but a thrilling experience. I don't care about inversions or 500' drops...but make my heart pound with the theming, the atmosphere, the effects, the "props," and the Animatronics.

EPCOTPluto

For the DAK version...I wouldn't like to see this at all. I want more (call me greedy). I want a main attraction that's at least 10 minutes long. I don't want a Test Track style ride through a volcano. Test Track's ride system doesn't seem like the best choice...and I only say that because, unless that videographer was inhuman...that ride is WAY too smooth to be driving through tunnels in a volcano. New ride system... I'm not saying a Dinosaur/Indy Rover...but maybe a coaster style with hydraulic cabs that can simulate the bumpy terrain.
:eek: 10 minutes long? That is rather an unusual time meant IMHO for a walkthrough than a thrilling coaster. Can you imagine the lines? I do agree with the smoothness of the video camera as well. I think over there, some other attractions, like Tower of Terror, are mean to be tamer if to go with regulations, but I'm unsure about that. I know at their Tower, they wear a seat belt that holds your waist & chest down...

For DAK I want to go exploring and have multiple run-ins with a huge dragon...a fire-breathing dragon. Much like Dinosaur, that Carnotaurus seems to "chase" you around the attraction popping up in different places...I'd like the Dragon to do something similar. Instead of "running away" from it...drive right through it's legs. I don't need a "super-thrilling" fast ride...but a thrilling experience. I don't care about inversions or 500' drops...but make my heart pound with the theming, the atmosphere, the effects, the "props," and the Animatronics.
Interesting...that'll have to be a pretty HUGE dragon, but it's Disney-thrilling nonetheless. :D

EPCOT Explorer

Ok, that makes more sense now.

Here's my take on the video.

Maybe it's that the ride doesn't "film" well...but I was less than impressed with it. Yeah, it had a nice "immersive" experience...and a cool animatronic...but overall...not "thrilled" and don't consider this an "Epic" attraction in the likes of Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror.
(Again, I'm only basing this from the video).

Now...the AA is impressive...but again, it doesn't really "do anything" for the ride. So, you drive by a Monster that appears to have just stubbed it's toe. For DAK I want to go exploring and have multiple run-ins with a huge dragon...a fire-breathing dragon. Much like Dinosaur, that Carnotaurus seems to "chase" you around the attraction popping up in different places...I'd like the Dragon to do something similar. Instead of "running away" from it...drive right through it's legs. I don't need a "super-thrilling" fast ride...but a thrilling experience. I don't care about inversions or 500' drops...but make my heart pound with the theming, the atmosphere, the effects, the "props," and the Animatronics.

Well said. :)

I'm thinking that the TDS Version does that, though, but it might be hard to get that from a vid.

dizneeboy

Here's a vid of JTTCOTE:

[youtube]<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/grxMIomcEts&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/grxMIomcEts&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Really looks nice...

Looks nice and fits well with that park, but I honestly don't know if I'm jumping up and down for this to come to DAK. Might be easier to retheme test track if P:G ever came to pass and turned into Discovery World ; )

WDWFREAK53

:eek: 10 minutes long? That is rather an unusual time meant IMHO for a walkthrough than a thrilling coaster. Can you imagine the lines? I do agree with the smoothness of the video camera as well. I think over there, some other attractions, like Tower of Terror, are mean to be tamer if to go with regulations, but I'm unsure about that. I know at their Tower, they wear a seat belt that holds your waist & chest down...

The lines don't necessarily have anything to do with the length of the ride. If the ride is loaded on a rather continuous basis...the attraction can be quite long. The longer the track, the more ride vehicles can fit on it...and the more frequent the ride vehicles can dispatch.

Again, Test Track's ride system isn't the way to go because it's...
A. Slow loading
B. Too many "starts and stops"...which backs up all of the vehicles.
C. Too many breakdowns.

Also, your comment about the size of the AA... If you want something that'll truly amaze...put a huge fire-breathing, wing-flapping, roaring dragon in...people will talk about it! (Also, it doesn't have to be THAT much larger than the Carnotaurus).

I'm not sure if I like the "walking into a realm of mythology and fantasy" either...make it seem like you've entered a real place on Earth and these "once thought to be imaginary" creatures somehow flocked to this land to avoid extinction from human interaction. (This would also tie in with the "conservation" and "protect the wildlife" themes...even if the animals are "made-up.") Dragons need heat to survive...and they are threatened by humans. Perfect, put them in a volcano and make them "not happy to see us."

plutoismyhero

Here's a vid of JTTCOTE:

[youtube]<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/grxMIomcEts&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/grxMIomcEts&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Really looks nice...

I think it looks great but i agree i dont think im excited for this to come to DAK maybe with retheming into a dragon theme or some type of something but not as is and i do like the whole mythical animals coming to a land to stay away from humans. Would be very cool and DAK needs something along the line of thrill rides

jmuboy

Here's a vid of JTTCOTE:

Really looks nice...

My opinion, lots of dark and not a lot of substance. I'd rather have a Dragon Themed ride. Dragons and Unicorns and a great Fantasia themed ride as planned is what DAK should get in their "mythical animal" area.

plutoismyhero

My opinion, lots of dark and not a lot of substance. I'd rather have a Dragon Themed ride. Dragons and Unicorns and a great Fantasia themed ride as planned is what DAK should get in their "mythical animal" area.

Yes fantasia need to be represented if this BK/MI is to come to AK...granted there is not much Movie presence in AK that isnt show related

jt04

Original Poster

I think that can all be ruled out. The Fantasia-esque European folk lore stuff is headed to the MK.

AK sounds like it will get sea serpents, giant squid, lava monsters and Atlantis Snake Monkeys. Only enigma knows what those last ones are however.

"Atlantis Snake Monkeys.....why did it have to be Atlantis Snake Monkeys?"

plutoismyhero

I think that can all be ruled out. The Fantasia-esque European folk lore stuff is headed to the MK.

AK sounds like it will get sea serpents, giant squid, lava monsters and Atlantis Snake Monkeys. Only enigma knows what those last ones are however.

"Atlantis Snake Monkeys.....why did it have to be Atlantis Snake Monkeys?"

Where in MK is all this going to go in the Princessland.... :brick: i mean fantasy land

_Scar

Why hasn't nyone brought up the hugley popular Hercules movie? You can go into Hade's underworld and face cerebrus, titans, and Hade himself t the end. Plus I can see a pegasus-like Dumbo ride for the kids. And a Phil ride of some sort.

jt04

Original Poster
Where in MK is all this going to go in the Princessland.... :brick: i mean fantasy land

If you have not noticed, everything, or nearly everything planned from the castle back is based on European folklore and fairy tales. Again if you look at the plans and go :veryconfu, then this expansion is not for you. Please read Kevin Yee's article at mice age if you can't understand this awesome plan. He explains it quite well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom