Beastly Kingdom Is Back

Dinoman96

Any chance of them retrofitting tiger river run?

While it may not have full 100 % chance of happening...it MIGHT happen, unless they use that land up there for something else.

@Krank: Damn it. It also shows they don't have a lot of space for expansion....:(

Animaniac93-98

Seriously, this is much worse than Everest...

epcot-canada-5-2.jpg

And I remember Jim and B.E.N. as well, this is from Tomorrowland in January 2003...

treasure-planet-characters.jpg

A perfect contrast for me. One thing I never want to see again (Soarin's show building seen from the Canada pavilion) and one I'd love to see again (Treasure Planet characters in the park). Unfortunately for now, I'm stuck with the reverse.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Was the imagination redo scheduled to happen by 2011 or no?

Also, im extremly torn on how Journey/MI would come to florida because what makes it great in Tokyo is the richly themed land and 2 stellar attractions. In Florida, a ride like 20k would be the first thing they cut out and the fancy volcano too (just look at everest, they didn't bother to complete the show building) and as for JTTCOTE itself, would it have the same ride system (Leemac says the ride has a ton of downtime) would they remove/change the giant AA at the end to make it cheaper?

I really wish Disney would prove me wrong :(
Imag? Probably.

In Florida, don`t assume 20K would get cut in the long run. The show building would be different since the underlying theme would be. Same ride system (with updated hardware/software) and a different finale AA - to alter the theme, not cost. Indeed, it would probably have cost more.

SirGoofy

Imag? Probably.

In Florida, don`t assume 20K would get cut in the long run. The show building would be different since the underlying theme would be. Same ride system (with updated hardware/software) and a different finale AA - to alter the theme, not cost. Indeed, it would probably have cost more.

journeyext.jpg

MINUS

Journey%2007b.jpg

PLUS

dragon2.jpg

EQUALS

2444904929_45ec3e4d69_o.jpg

?:lookaroun

:lol:

Dinoman96

Y'know, there's some I don't really get about JTTCOTE. Supposedly, you're sent into the center of the earth. However, as the visible drop shows, it all takes place inside the Volcano, so it's more like "Journey to the Center of the Volcano". :lol:

Jasonflz

Y'know, there's some I don't really get about JTTCOTE. Supposedly, you're sent into the center of the earth. However, as the visible drop shows, it all takes place inside the Volcano, so it's more like "Journey to the Center of the Volcano". :lol:

Not neccesarily. The story is, you are in the center of the Earth until a burst of gas or fire sends you hurtling through a volcanoe. Theming wise, however, it does seem to show that.

EPCOT Explorer

Odd visuals are nothing new.
Space Mtn. seen from Main St's Town Square at Disneyland:
space_mountain_from_main_street1-david_michael.jpg
Heh. Copper SM Vs White. I like White.
Imag? Probably.

Ah...Interesting. It would be a change, but I wouldn't mind. As long as it was still Jules and Tokyo-esque.:lol:
journeyext.jpg

MINUS

Journey%2007b.jpg

PLUS

dragon2.jpg

EQUALS

2444904929_45ec3e4d69_o.jpg

:lol:
:lol::sohappy:

I would NOT complain. They could even mesh the nice "Steam era" and the Victorian era" in to a nice Land within a Land.:D

The Conundrum

Well we can pretty much rule out any dragons coming to Disney because I just read on a Universal site an insider is confirming that at one point in the main harry potter ride
you will encounter an AA dragon and presumably get chased by it

The Conundrum

Odd visuals are nothing new.
Space Mtn. seen from Main St's Town Square at Disneyland:
space_mountain_from_main_street1-david_michael.jpg

This is very unfair. First of all that pic is from 2004 when the building was getting repainted and second of all notice how its a complete three dimensional building? Its not like half SM half Warehouse like the new WDW attractions (im lookin at you everest)

Dinoman96

Well we can pretty much rule out any dragons coming to Disney because I just read on a Universal site an insider is confirming that at one point in the main harry potter ride

So basically if Universal has one dragon, nobody can? :shrug:

krankenstein

Why would that keep Disney from using a dragon? They have dinosaurs at both DAK and IOA. :shrug:

Edit: Also at EPCOT too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom