Beastly Kingdom Is Back

Dinoman96

Yes.

I believe that Universal has an exclusive contract with the dragon union as far as Theme Parks go.

Kinda like Kuka.

Wow, that's REALLY unfair. It's pretty selfish for Universal just to hog dragons for themselves. >_______________________________>

Weird, I'm saying bad things about my favorite theme park. *sigh* :(

The Conundrum

Actually, it's more like

p241624-Tokyo_Japan-Disney_Sea_Mysterious_Mountain.jpg

PLUS

disney-animal-kingdom-logo-293x300.jpg

MINUS

Jules_Verne.jpg

PLUS
1132013831_es2phoenix.jpg

Unicorn-and-Foal-Print-C10055158.jpeg

dragon.gif

EQUALS

smilie.gif

...well, for me atleast. :p

If such a project were to be greenlit you would hear nothing but PRAISE out of my mouth. Nothing but PRAISE!

Although I am rather fond of Jules Verne's works (as was Walt Disney) and the steampunk design. I would still like to see him and that theme represented in the land. (Think American Mcgee's Alice style except less dark)

EPCOT Explorer

Well we can pretty much rule out any dragons coming to Disney because I just read on a Universal site an insider is confirming that at one point in the main harry potter ride
you will encounter an AA dragon and presumably get chased by it
Presumably? It's a rumor.

Our Dragon could and would be different.:shrug:
Yes.

I believe that Universal has an exclusive contract with the dragon union as far as Theme Parks go.

Kinda like Kuka.
:lookaroun:ROFLOL:

The Conundrum

Why would that keep Disney from using a dragon? They have dinosaurs at both DAK and IOA. :shrug:

Edit: Also at EPCOT too.

Well the Dinosaurs at IOA are genetically cloned mixed with modern animal DNA the ones at DAK are supposed to be the classic dinosaurs from the time period and the Epcot dinos are from fantasia.

Dinoman96

Well I remember one of the reasons they decided not to make BK the phase 2 expansion is because of Dueling Dragons at Universal

Well, that was the original BK. Obviously, it's going to be changed around. As I said like a million times before, JTTCOTE could become Dragon Mountain, which, of course, isn't inverted like DD, or take place in a ruined castle.

The Conundrum

Well, that was the original BK. Obviously, it's going to be changed around. As I said like a million times before, JTTCOTE could become Dragon Mountain, which, of course, isn't inverted like DD, or take place in a ruined castle.

Thats my point. If they cancelled Dragon's Tower last time because it would have been similar to Dueling Dragons then they may cancel JTTCOTE w/dragon because the HP e-ticket has a dragon and they would deem it "too similar" since both attractions hvae you racing around in cars through a fantasy setting adn encountering a big AA dragon.

Im just saying they could make the same argument they made with DT/DD

Dinoman96

Thats my point. If they cancelled Dragon's Tower last time because it would have been similar to Dueling Dragons then they may cancel JTTCOTE w/dragon because the HP e-ticket has a dragon and they would deem it "too similar" since both attractions hvae you racing around in cars through a fantasy setting adn encountering a big AA dragon.

Im just saying they could make the same argument they made with DT/DD

Both Universal Studios and Hollywood are both actual working studios, and I'm not hearing anyone complaining.

Plus, at the end of both Dinosaur and River Adventures, two carnivore therapods charge at the riders before a drop. That's pretty similar if you ask me.

Next Big Thing

huh?

indeed indeed
Both US and DHS were both actual working studios when they both opened. Slowly though they both saw that Orlando was not a movie town and both faded from the working studio idea and into pretty much just a regular theme park. I remember they used to record A LOT of Nickelodeon stuff at US. They did a bunch of small scale stuff at DHS including Disney original movies and the Mickey mouse club show. There were rumors that the actors from people who recorded other movies there (you could rent the studios) didn't like that people would be able to watch them act from the backlot tour and many other things lead to it's downfall.

The studios are now all used up except for the one next to TSM, which is supposed to be used for Monster's inc. coaster.

It makes more sense that its not a dragon but a giant snake a basilisk. Then again they had the dragons in the goblet of fire but they were not a big part of the book. The Basilisk makes alot more sense because it was the big ending of the second book/movie..

WDWFREAK53

It makes more sense that its not a dragon but a giant snake a basilisk. Then again they had the dragons in the goblet of fire but they were not a big part of the book. The Basilisk makes alot more sense because it was the big ending of the second book/movie..

I loved the Basilisk :)

Jasonflz

Hang on... Potter has a dragon?

Good bye Fantasmic!

:lol:

What I don't get is why wouldn't Disney add a dragon to their ride just because Universal has one. Dragon isn't a trademarked thing like KUKA and DIsney should be adding Dragons, to compete with Universal and steal some of their guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom