Beastly Kingdom Is Back

The Conundrum

Yep. The timing is impeccable. What I do know is what is public now is still less than half what I understood to be approaching green a year ago. And now it seems amber (okay... red for you yanks) - something was going to break sooner rather than later with management directives and changes and the 40th only 26 month away. Personally I`m a little surprised this is all that`s out there. Spread the love for the 40th was what I was thinking. There is still time yet I know. But `74 is right - the Fland project is far larger than what I expected, and the biggest (and most expensive) project of all the ones I Know about. DAK has been up and down like, well, something that goes up and down a lot. Land prep in January clearly didn`t happen. I`ve been told it is imminent ever since. Being 4000 miles away I can`t just peek and check sadly. It`s been on and off so much it seems to be still on hold, maybe even bumped down the queue now. Remember the whole JC/PotC/HM/HOP/SM fiasco? Looks like DAK is going through the exact same thing. So far as I know, BK is dead. MI was the way forward to kill Potter. Maybe priorities have changed. I know a few other issues holding up MI are or are close to being resolved. It`s the usual sign on the dotted line again.

And to think they can`t find a few dollars to animate some triangles and add some music...

Was the imagination redo scheduled to happen by 2011 or no?

Also, im extremly torn on how Journey/MI would come to florida because what makes it great in Tokyo is the richly themed land and 2 stellar attractions. In Florida, a ride like 20k would be the first thing they cut out and the fancy volcano too (just look at everest, they didn't bother to complete the show building) and as for JTTCOTE itself, would it have the same ride system (Leemac says the ride has a ton of downtime) would they remove/change the giant AA at the end to make it cheaper?

I really wish Disney would prove me wrong :(

WDWFREAK53

Was the imagination redo scheduled to happen by 2011 or no?

Also, im extremly torn on how Journey/MI would come to florida because what makes it great in Tokyo is the richly themed land and 2 stellar attractions. In Florida, a ride like 20k would be the first thing they cut out and the fancy volcano too (just look at everest, they didn't bother to complete the show building) and as for JTTCOTE itself, would it have the same ride system (Leemac says the ride has a ton of downtime) would they remove/change the giant AA at the end to make it cheaper?

I really wish Disney would prove me wrong :(

Everest wasn't "complete" because it really didn't need to be. While in the park, the backside of the building is never seen so it doesn't take away from the experience. (Do you think the back of the Haunted Mansion is themed?...or the show building anyways?)

I have a feeling, if it was brought here, it would be the same ride system but the AA wouldn't be "cheaper" but different to accommodate the theme of the land. Maybe a giant fire-breathing AA dragon...that lives in a volcano...or maybe a giant Hydra AA with multiple heads. :shrug:

If they were to change the ride system, I can't imagine they'd make it worse...but reinvent the attraction with a better ride system. I can see a "Revenge of the Mummy" type coaster car...that can stop/start with showscenes...but also give the ability to "launch" at the right times.

The Conundrum

Everest wasn't "complete" because it really didn't need to be. While in the park, the backside of the building is never seen so it doesn't take away from the experience. (Do you think the back of the Haunted Mansion is themed?...or the show building anyways?)
true but at the same time you can't see the HM show building from the parking lot either. You used to not be able to spot it so easily in the park either (They had trees and shrubs blocking it).

I have a feeling, if it was brought here, it would be the same ride system but the AA wouldn't be "cheaper" but different to accommodate the theme of the land. Maybe a giant fire-breathing AA dragon...that lives in a volcano...or maybe a giant Hydra AA with multiple heads. :shrug:

Then it wouldn't be Journey to the center of the earth it would be its own ride.

If they were to change the ride system, I can't imagine they'd make it worse...but reinvent the attraction with a better ride system. I can see a "Revenge of the Mummy" type coaster car...that can stop/start with showscenes...but also give the ability to "launch" at the right times.

Thats what I was thinking although the JTTCOTE ride system is very cool. I'm hoping they perfected the technology with Radiator Springs Racers though.

EPCOT Explorer

Can you honestly see it? Is it that glaringly evident...? I've never seen it, and I've looked.:lol:

WDWFREAK53

true but at the same time you can't see the HM show building from the parking lot either. You used to not be able to spot it so easily in the park either (They had trees and shrubs blocking it).

Well, in their defense, they did paint the back of it to "blend" in so it's not really noticeable. Soarin' is more noticeable IMO...and I'd gladly take the show buildings the way they are and allow more money to be spent on the actual attraction/experience.

Then it wouldn't be Journey to the center of the earth it would be its own ride.

Agreed, but a Journey to the Center of the Earth attraction wouldn't work with the land anyways. Bringing the basis of the attraction (show scenes, theme, and story changes only) and manipulating it to work in the application at hand would work better than a direct copy. [/QUOTE]

Thats what I was thinking although the JTTCOTE ride system is very cool. I'm hoping they perfected the technology with Radiator Springs Racers though.

I personally haven't been on it...but I was always under the impression it was the same ride system as Test Track...am I wrong? If so, what is the ride system?

WDWFREAK53

Ah...So if it looks like a village, why do people claim it's unthemed?

I think the complaint is that the mountain isn't "finished" not that it's not "themed."

Prior to the paint, it looked like the mountain was only "half of a mountain" because it was just "chopped off" in the back. (Much like a false facade building at DHS...just on a larger scale). It's still like that but the walls are painted to look like a "village."

This is it prior to the "village look."

backside_1_web.jpg

The Conundrum

I think the complaint is that the mountain isn't "finished" not that it's not "themed."

Prior to the paint, it looked like the mountain was only "half of a mountain" because it was just "chopped off" in the back. (Much like a false facade building at DHS...just on a larger scale). It's still like that but the walls are painted to look like a "village."

This is it prior to the "village look."

backside_1_web.jpg

It actually looked worse in person

mcjaco

I personally haven't been on it...but I was always under the impression it was the same ride system as Test Track...am I wrong? If so, what is the ride system?

It is.

Only from the parking lot...and they've painted it to look like a "village" built into the mountain so you wouldn't really notice it unless you were looking for it.

It still looks unfinished to me. But as stated above, the treeline in the next few years should cover it up. Although in the past, that would have never been allowed.

WDWFREAK53

I don't mind that too much...

I can handle this much more than I can handle Soarin'. Yes, they painted it light blue so it "blends" in with the sky but it truly does ruin the perspective of Canada. They should (AT LEAST) paint a mountain range on the building.

This is only seen from the parking lot...Soarin' is seen within the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom