As Seen on TV products

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Wait a minute. You mean to tell me that you can use it as a chain link and pull an 18-wheeler with it?

That's how it's advertised.

If that's the case, I'm buying some.
When they pulled the 18 wheeler they were not using the mighty putty chain link (they were simply lifting a cinder block with it) but rather 2 steel plates with holes drilled in them connected using mighty putty. That application is ideal for any high strength epoxy. You could do the same thing with JB Weld as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkuReA-AGa8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2Fvideosearch%3Fq%3Dmighty%2Bputty%26oe%3DUTF-8%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial%26client%3Dfirefo&feature=player_embedded

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I don't know how I missed this before, but I bought Mighty Putty. It works great. I used it to stick my new mailbox to the front of my house. I didn't feel like drilling holes into the solid bricks of my house so I tried out Mighty Putty. So far the mailbox has stayed put for about 6 months now. I was kind of surprised it made it through the winter when the temperatures went way below zero. I will try to remember to post an update if I come home one day and the mailbox is in the bushes. :lol:

catinthehat

thanks for the heads up on some of those products, especially the green bags! so far my favorite as seen on tv find has been the ped egg- works wonders!

macsmom

When I worked at WalMart, we had lots of the PediPaws brought back. Some said it scared their pets, most said it did not work. Don't know.

Was at a festival recently and someone was selling the sham-wow. I didn't stop to see any demonstration, but I do remember hearing the guy tell someone who bought it "whatever you do, don't stick it in the dryer". I would assume that is on the package somewhere. I guess you just let it airdry.

The Mighty Putty - at my new place of work, we had a small pipe leak. I suggested purchasing the putty and it did not work. We ended up calling a plumber. My boss was not happy with me. :D

danna

P.S. Forgot about the green bags. We had LOTS of those come back. I figure people just weren't using them corectly.

wdwfan100

Ab-flex This contraption was basically a plunger attached to a rubber band that you pushed into your stomach while pushing out with your abdominal muscles. Had pretty much the same resuls as I did with the sport-elec.

Master Yoda, perhaps you should have used less of the Force and more of the abs :lol:

MissM

All I know is that I just found out Billy Mays lives here in Tampa! Who knew? (Yes, I've been watching the new "Pitchmen" show on Discovery. :lol: )

When I am interested in an As Seen On TV product, my secret is to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond. They have a HUGE selection of products and you can use the 20% coupons. No S&H fees and much easier returns.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I bought those EZ Clip things tonight. (Yes, yet another hair thingy :lol:) I really like them. They seem to hold my hair back pretty well. It does seem like it takes some practice to get the different styles right though.

Anyone else buy anything new lately?

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Got a set of the blonde Bumpitz recently. Though it's NOT as easy to use as the commercial makes it look, they actually work well. The huge one I've not tried, but I think that your head shape dictates which sizes work the best in your hair.

If you can grab them at Walgreens for $9.99, I recommend picking them up. Don't spend the $25 from the commercial.

:wave:

Shere_Khan

I bought the Micro Fiber Miracle Cloth - Set of 4 the other day. I really love them for dusting. I have a dark wood coffee table that seems to collect dust constantly. The cloth picks it up quick and easy with no type of cleaner or getting it damp. So I really like them so far. There is also one small one in there that is good for cleaning glasses that my husband likes to use.

Was wanting to try that clip thing that you put on your bra straps so they are not visible when wearing tank tops but did not get it yet. Anyone have any reviews on that one? Not sure what it was called.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Was wanting to try that clip thing that you put on your bra straps so they are not visible when wearing tank tops but did not get it yet. Anyone have any reviews on that one? Not sure what it was called.
Ah yes! Got that one at Walgreens for $9.99 too!

They give great lift and I adore how great they make the twins look in all outfits. They come in clear, black and nude and there were a total of 6 in the pack I received. It took me a bit to get the hang of how to put them on, but totally worth the investment. Just make sure you wear the right outfits where your secret isn't revealed!

GenerationX

We got suckered into buying Hercules Hooks. Didn't work at all. Basically, they're bent, oversized paperclips. As a bonus (maybe because we acted within 30 minutes!), the website deviously signed us up for a "subscription" to Hercules Hooks, whereby we'd get four more useless pieces of metal every month for a low, low price. The cancellation process was rigorous, but ultimately effective.

kstella

Dryer Balls- These things are a waste of money...I haven't used them in a while but from what I remember the clothes came out just as if I didn't even use them at all...

Tweeze- This thing works but it hurts like hell...I have no tolarance for pain though...:shrug:

I love my dryer balls.

GT Express-Great little cooking tool and very handy.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster

dandaman

^My reasoning was always that you could just buy a comfortable coat that's many sizes too large to get the same effect...

I bought my dad a ShamWow as a Father's Day gag gift, because we always make fun of the infomercial whenever it (inevitably) shows up in a break... Damned if he hasn't sworn by it within the last 24 hours for everything from drying off after the pool to cleaning up a fruit punch spill on the counter. (In any case I told him not to use it to dry the car after the "rave" reviews preceding this. :lol: )

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Got a set of the blonde Bumpitz recently. Though it's NOT as easy to use as the commercial makes it look, they actually work well. The huge one I've not tried, but I think that your head shape dictates which sizes work the best in your hair.

If you can grab them at Walgreens for $9.99, I recommend picking them up. Don't spend the $25 from the commercial.

:wave:

I was in Walgreens two days ago to buy the EZ Clip thing and I looked for the Bump It. I couldn't find it anywhere though. I am obsessed with the commercial and I want to try it so bad!

They give great lift and I adore how great they make the twins look in all outfits. They come in clear, black and nude and there were a total of 6 in the pack I received. It took me a bit to get the hang of how to put them on, but totally worth the investment. Just make sure you wear the right outfits where your secret isn't revealed!

I almost got this when I was in Walgreens too. Do you have to be a contortionist to get them on correctly? That has been my experience with a lot of other bra strap controlling devices. :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Before and After pics please

:lookaroun

oakback

My Flowebee is amazing when paired with my Dyson!

RickH.jpg

Ok, I don't actually have a Flowbee. But I had a friend in high school whose dad had one, and always cut my friend's hair with it (you can still buy them for $70).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom