As Seen on TV products

The Mom

Premium Member
I bought the underbed shoe storage thingy at Walgreen's for $9.99. It actually works well; right now it has my winter shoes in it, and I'll switch in the Fall. It freed up a lot of room in my closet.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
I bought the underbed shoe storage thingy at Walgreen's for $9.99. It actually works well; right now it has my winter shoes in it, and I'll switch in the Fall. It freed up a lot of room in my closet.
I got a couple of those as well about 2 weeks ago. They work really well for normal size shoes but boots, heels and the like can be a bit of an issue.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
What about the following:

Bowflex TreadClimber
Graty
Neckline Slimmer
Slap Chop
Water Jet
Windshield Wonder

And some of these other products not mentioned here yet: http://www.surftilyoudrop.com/celebrity/billy-mays.htm
I know about a few of these.

I have the Pampered Chef version of the Slap Chop and it works great. About the only issue would be its small capacity.

The Graty is OK but softer cheeses can be a real workout.

The water jet is kind of a joke. It is really nothing more that a nice spray nozzle for the end of a hose and in no way could ever replace a pressure washer. If you look at the infomercial you will notice that all the dirt is wet and freshly applied by hand so it rinses off with the greatest of ease. You would get the same results with a $2 hose nozzle from Wla-Mart. I also find it quite comical that in the commercial they make forcing water through tighter and tighter openings to increases the pressure sound like a recent scientific breakthrough.

Windshield wonder is really nothing more than a microfiber cloth on a pole. Said pole does make it a bit easier to use but it is far from the revolutionary product it is made out to be.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
How many helpful gadgets do you have, then? :D
Between me and my wife quite a few. She is a sucker for cooking gadgets and I am a sucker for anything that will help me clean, construct or destroy something a little quicker. Thanks to the internet you can avoid quite a few of the bad as seen on TV products and only get the good ones but every now and then I find myself getting sucked in by the hype and buy something completley uninformed.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I bought the Windshield Wonder and it works well. Like Yoda said, it is nothing more than just a microfiber cloth on a stick. That stick is quite helpful in reaching my entire window though. The little spray bottle they give you for the water isn't big enough so you have to refill if you are doing all of your windows. There weren't any streaks or anything, so it was still a definite improvement over what I would normally do with paper towels and some Windex.

I also bought Strap Perfect and I returned them days later. I could not get those things on my bra straps no matter what I did. I guess if you have someone willing to help you with your bra every day, they are a good idea. Those of us who live alone will just have to settle for our straps hanging out. :shrug: :lol:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The Slap Chop looks like a great little gadget. But that guy with the headset mic just irritates the H377 out of me. :lol:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I hate to bump this thread since it has been resting peacefully for over a year, but I have a burning question!

Has anyone tried those Hercules Hook things? :lol: Also, since the thread is alive again, anyone try and new As Seen on TV stuff in the last year?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom