As Seen on TV products

GenerationX

We could not make the things hang anything. Good luck trying. If you bought them from the website, be aware that you may have inadvertently agreed to a subscription for Hercules Hooks. They will automatically send you (and bill you!) for another package each month.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
We could not make the things hang anything. Good luck trying. If you bought them from the website, be aware that you may have inadvertently agreed to a subscription for Hercules Hooks. They will automatically send you (and bill you!) for another package each month.

Yikes! Do people really regularly hang things THAT much that they need constant replenishment? :lol: I bought mine from Bed, Bath, and Beyond fortunately.

trr1

Point and paint

it works half way but when you take it off the wall the pads stay on the wall and they dont work as shown
now if you get the bogo deal with just pay shipping for the second one its no dealby the time they bill you it cost close to $60 for a $20 with free shipping to get the second freeby only paying for shipping

Shake flashlight

dont buy it
it works at first untill the battery that it says it dosnt have dies
then when you shake it nothing happens because the battery that it says it dosnt have is dead

the riddex plus

these are a joke the bugs actually are drawn to them for the heat they produce

Instant switch

now this acutally works great and I love it I have had it for about 3-2 years
and have had no problem with it

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
I hate to bump this thread since it has been resting peacefully for over a year, but I have a burning question!

Has anyone tried those Hercules Hook things? :lol: Also, since the thread is alive again, anyone try and new As Seen on TV stuff in the last year?
Actually I got a bunch for my mom's house and they work quite well providing that you are hanging into drywall and do not hit a stud. What I found that works well is to drill a very small pilot hole about an inch deep. If you hit wood use a screw, if you hit air use a hook.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster

now this acutally works great and I love it I have had it for about 3-2 years
and have had no problem with it
Glad to hear this works. I have need for something just like this. Any idea how much electrical load these will take? I have been thinking about plugging my xbox, dvd, etc into one to stop the vampire drain.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Actually I got a bunch for my mom's house and they work quite well providing that you are hanging into drywall and do not hit a stud. What I found that works well is to drill a very small pilot hole about an inch deep. If you hit wood use a screw, if you hit air use a hook.

Good advice. I haven't a clue what is behind the wall I want to hang these boxes on. I know it isn't a load bearing wall so I am hoping I can avoid too many studs. I don't own a drill so things could get interesting if I do. :lol:

trr1

Glad to hear this works. I have need for something just like this. Any idea how much electrical load these will take? I have been thinking about plugging my xbox, dvd, etc into one to stop the vampire drain.
I have a ceiling light with 4 bulb on mine. and each bulb was 60 watts before i switched over to compact Fluorescents. it should work for that purpose

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
There is a new (well not really new they have been around for a while they just get re-branded ever few years) item making the rounds on TV, mall kiosks, snake oil shops, etc that I wanted to give everyone a heads up/warning about. That item is the power balance bracelet and the myriad of copy cat products (eg IRenew, power bands, etc). For those of you that might be unfamiliar with these products they are bracelets that claim to align the quantum frequency of your qui or some other nonsense and it will improve everything from your balance, libido, strength, low tire pressure, etc.

Here is one of the commercials currently running on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mvwp0BddB8

I am sure that 99% of you know this but these bracelets are complete 100% scams. Here is a great breakdown of many of the claims that they will make.

http://skepticblog.org/2010/09/23/power-balance-magical-energy-bracelets-or-nonsense/

Many of the so called test you will see them do are from another sham treatment called Applied Kinesiology. Here is a video of how those tests work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Piu75P8sxTo

In short save you money.

trr1

There is a new (well not really new they have been around for a while they just get re-branded ever few years) item making the rounds on TV, mall kiosks, snake oil shops, etc that I wanted to give everyone a heads up/warning about. That item is the power balance bracelet and the myriad of copy cat products (eg IRenew, power bands, etc). For those of you that might be unfamiliar with these products they are bracelets that claim to align the quantum frequency of your qui or some other nonsense and it will improve everything from your balance, libido, strength, low tire pressure, etc.

Here is one of the commercials currently running on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mvwp0BddB8

I am sure that 99% of you know this but these bracelets are complete 100% scams. Here is a great breakdown of many of the claims that they will make.

http://skepticblog.org/2010/09/23/power-balance-magical-energy-bracelets-or-nonsense/

Many of the so called test you will see them do are from another sham treatment called Applied Kinesiology. Here is a video of how those tests work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Piu75P8sxTo

In short save you money.
so did you try the instant switch?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
so did you try the instant switch?
Not yet. So far all of the ones I have found only have a 2 pole plug and I really hate to plug nearly a grand worth of electronics into something that requires be to bypass a ground pole.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
It looks like I have another addition to the "actually works" pile. The addition is Mister Steamy. My wife picked these up a little more than a week ago and they do exactly what they claim to do. Many of the new high end dryers have a steam feature but for those of us who have yet to take the plunge into a $1000 + dryer the Mr Steamys are a great thing to have.

I am just assuming that my household is not the only one where that last load of laundry never seems to make it out of the dryer. If it is a load of towels or socks it is no big deal but if it is a load of shirts your are faced with the choice of ironing, rewashing and redrying or wearing clothes that look like you grabbed them out of the hamper. She tried them on a load of shirts that looked like crumpled up aluminium foil and they came out perfectly smooth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom