Are you twins?! - August, family, and magical memories.

Hey all my lovelies –

What a trip! I’m back at school, but the magic is still hanging around – in the form of magnets, travel mugs, and really amazing Disney Couture deals at Winners!

Ready to hear about it? Hereeee we go!

Friday, August 26

Talk about an early morning – the family was up at 2AM for quick showers and packing up the car. We hit the road at 230AM, with Carly and I napping along the way. After our ritual stop at Tims in Truro, we were at the airport and through security by 515AM. The flight was uneventful, and customs in Toronto was a breeze, though the plane was delayed by half an hour – boo.

IMG_3990.jpg

TOO EARLY FOR PICS

IMG_5478.jpg

DISNEY DAYS AHEAD!

IMG_3996.jpg

EEYEORE IS RETURNING TO HIS HOMELAND - NOW 11 YEARS OLD

It always seems like the LONGEST flight – even though it’s only about 2h45 - but I watched Soul Surfer (Carrie Underwood – disappointment) and we landed at 1230PM Mouse Standard Time!

We found the DME right away, and surprisingly there was a bus waiting for us. Magical! There was a slight hiccup, an engine warning light – but we did well, all things considered. Howev, as we were staying at All Star Movies, we were in the back of the bus as far as stops go – ah, the downside of cheapie rooms (but worth it not to share a bed with sista C).

IMG_4016.jpg

OMG DME!

IMG_4020.jpg

THIS ISN'T OUR FIRST RODEO

plaz10

Your fam is so adorable. Really makes me want to hit up the dream in the near future!

And love the shoutout to Sid. I can't wait until he's back to normal.

Loving this TR. Keep it up, girl

HollyBelle

Looking smashing again, my dear. Formal night suits you! :kiss: I'm TOTALLY with you on Villains Tonight. Seriously... Hades is supposed to be a bada$$. And Maleficent would NEVER have a computer, much less crack jokes about her facebook profile. I like my characters to remain with integrity intact - such is not the case with that show.

tiaragirl

Original Poster
August 30

Somehow Carly and I didn’t hear Mom and Dad get up, so when they stuck their heads in to say they were heading to the Enchanted Garden, I was 80% asleep. I said I’d hurry, but apparently they didn’t hear me, but I met them as they were going into the restaurant 5 minutes later. I was looking so cutes – what can you do. I also kind of intruded on romantic breakfast, which I hadn’t thought of because I was starving, but no worries.

IMG_4841.jpg

NO ROMANTIC BREAKFAST DATE, JUST ROMANTIC PICZ

We were at sea for the day, as Castaway was getting touched up after Hurricane Irene. They were afraid the ship would not fit into the canal to dock, so they were dredging. Talk about panicky people, everyone wanted to get to Castaway Cay!

IMG_4845.jpg

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LEAVE C ALONE FOR 5 MINUTES

After breaky I headed back to the room – Carly was (guess where) in the mirror! I put my bathing suit on and we went up to Cabana’s so she could get something to eat. I held down the fort outside at a table. As I was sitting, Kurt from Jamaica stopped in and started reading the Help to me – so, so funny. We saw Marco too, had a nice chat with him.. CMs make my day.

IMG_4847.jpg

ALWAYS HAPPY TO BE HERE

I’m not sure what happened at this point, but I know we cruised around the upper decks and staked out a spot overlooking the water – which isn’t hard when you’re at sea but shh, clearly I wasn’t thinking when I filled in my notes. Armed with lots of water, I continued to read, and Carly disappeared (maybe to get her bathing suit?).

IMG_4854.jpg

I AM STILL NOT DONE THIS BOOK, STUPIC SCHOOL

IMG_4849.jpg

DA VIEW

She was gone about an hour, and I kept lathering on the sunscreen while the jam session partied on in the background – it was so hot, I was feeling for the enthusiastic dancers.

IMG_4861.jpg

"PARTY ON THE DISNEY DREAM"

I went from reading on deck to reading on the little deck by our room around 12ish. Mom and Dad got back, and we made some plans – we wanted to mini putt, but Dad and I wanted sit-down food and Mom and Carly wanted to do a drawing lessons. We parted ways, and Dad and I headed for the Royal Palace for lunch.

IMG_4881.jpg

The food wasn’t stellar, but no stress – there’s food everywhere on the ship, it’s not like I was going to starve to death, and Dad really liked his Ruben. We talked about my future plans and his job (“People pay me to destroy other people” – while drinking out of a dainty teacup in camo, I promise we’re not rednecks all the time). So stressful, but I love quality chats with Dad, he always has good insight.

tiaragirl

Original Poster
IMG_5880.jpg

While the girls were finishing up their drawings (Goofy!) Dad and I checked out Shutters – always need to scope out the pics – and then it was time for mini putt!

IMG_4887.jpg

MOM DOESN'T HAVE THE BEST FORM

IMG_4889.jpg

I "GUESS" HE CAN WORK THAT BAG?

What a great addition to the ship – such a fun activity. Dad and I golf frequently at home, so our honour was at stake – and mine was defended. Winnaaa!

IMG_4896.jpg

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

I went to grab water, and when I got back the family had disappeared. The good news? We’re in the middle of the ocean, it’s not like they’re LOST – I just went to the adult pool and laid out. It was cloudy, but when the sun came out it was scorching. All in all, beautiful. There were shenanigans occurring in the pool – a leg competition maybe – that got out of hand real quick. Scarring.

We started shenanigans of our own when we got back to the room – it was time to get ready for pirate night! Arrrrr! You can’t say we didn’t come prepared..

IMG_4902.jpg

IMG_4909.jpg

IMG_4913.jpg

SHAVING

Carly and I went to the Hypnotist while Mom and Dad chilled out and finished getting ready. There were some funny parts, but I had a bad hypnotist-viewing experience my first year of university and they mostly make me uncomfortable now. Weird, I know. But C had fun, and that was what mattered.

IMG_4929.jpg

tiaragirl

Original Poster
When we got out of the show we lined up for Captain Jack – that was the plan, and we waited and waited. Finally Mom and Dad showed up, and then Jack showed up, and it was all a very pirate-y experience.

IMG_4935.jpg

SERIOUS

IMG_4937.jpg

THEY'RE MORE GUIDELINES..

IMG_5909.jpg

We had Animator’s Palate for the pirate menu – did we luck out! I can’t imagine there was a better atmosphere, with all the pirate pictures on the screens and etc. Our family from Newfoundland was warming up to us and the chocolate rum cake was to DIE for. Why, why don’t I have some of that right now?

IMG_4940.jpg

IMG_4941.jpg

LOVE THE MENUS TOO MUCH!

Obviously, decked out as we were, we couldn’t miss Buccaneer Blast! Camped out, waited for the fireworks, and laughed about the day. Carly had glowstick earrings and those pirate things scared the heck out of me.

IMG_4980.jpg

AH! WHERE DID YOU COME FROM!?

I was so cross, though, because I had the cutest little family beside me and they couldn’t see anyting because someone was standing directly in front of the pirate, ALL up in his business, filming. What are you doing?! THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL SHOW! I got up and told him that he was obstructing everyone’s view and he looked legitimately confused – have another Bahama Mama.

tiaragirl

Original Poster
IMG_4976.jpg

The fireworks were so neat! Everytime one went off you could see the Aquaduck, what a time. Also a time? Our little pirate family danced the entire party – not even joking. Dad too. Another little girl befriended Carly and I – she had the music in her! Another parent that took a picture of us.. I wonder where they are now?

IMG_4988.jpg

NEW FRIENDS

IMG_4981.jpg

DANCIN WITH THE STARS

IMG_4987.jpg

TOO MUCH RUM

We had so much fun that we missed the buffet.. oops. When we got back to the room, Carly decided it was room service time – a hot dog, of all things. Mom, for some reason, found the fact that she called room service really impressive. Clearly my parents have high standards for us.

IMG_4995.jpg

DINO?

IMG_4996.jpg

SHE'S SUCH A WEENIE

There was a storm a-blowin out side by this point. The wind was up, and I felt bad for the birds that were caught it in – they weren’t getting ANYWHERE. But it was the prettiest thunder and lighting I’ve ever seen in my life. So loud and so bright – I could watch storms forever.

Family watched Good Luck Charlie on demand and cashed out as a group, anticipating Castaway days!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Your fam is so adorable. Really makes me want to hit up the dream in the near future!

And love the shoutout to Sid. I can't wait until he's back to normal.

Loving this TR. Keep it up, girl

Such a shame that he was a hurtin' unit - did I catch a glimpse of him on the ice in pre-season?

I NEED to read your TR but I haven't had time, SIGHHH. The title is so intriguing but everything is so crazy here :(

DO THE DREAM - you won't regret it, it was amazing!

Loving the TR! It has me so excited for my upcoming cruise on the Dream

Yay, when are you going?! I'm glad I'm making you as excited as we were - it was incredible. TR it up when you get back!

Looking smashing again, my dear. Formal night suits you! :kiss: I'm TOTALLY with you on Villains Tonight. Seriously... Hades is supposed to be a bada$$. And Maleficent would NEVER have a computer, much less crack jokes about her facebook profile. I like my characters to remain with integrity intact - such is not the case with that show.

Ah, you are just the sweetest! I love getting dressed up and you just don't get the opportunity at school (unless your roomies decide to throw a classy wine night wherein everyone gets rowdy and the non-drinker is the one that stays classy.. the BF looked spiff though, what a guy <3).

Villians Tonight.. so upsetting.. can't even think about it.. and what's worse, it was the one that I was the MOST excited for =( The expectation thing gets you every time, and it happens so infrequently that Disney makes a bad decision that it's the most upsetting.

You two ladies looking great in your Pirate gear!! :)

Arrrrrrr, thankies ;)

It was so much fun, I'm glad the whole family got into it. Dad had on a clip on earring, I mean c'mon.. how fun is that?

tiaragirl

Original Poster
August 31

Wheee, what day is it? It’s Castaway day!

IMG_5000.jpg

We were up at 8AM, got all greased up – avoiding sun stroke like dearest Lauren last time. It was so awesome to see all the CMs scrambling down around on the beach getting everything ready for us. Bless them.

Another breaky up at Cabanas, and we were ready to head off the ship when Carly realized that she didn’t have her camera. When she met us at the bathrooms outside Animator’s Palate, she realized she didn’t have her shades – we were not a happy family.

IMG_5957.jpg

HOLDING UP TRAFFIC

We FINALLY got off the ship once sister dear collected all her belongings. The first thing we did? Stop for Chip and Dale! They made a huge deal over us, asking if we were twins and when I said "no, just sisters", Dale made the "shhhh, don't tell!" sign. They just wanted us to match!

IMG_5009.jpg

ARE YOU TWINS!?!?

IMG_5004.jpg

FAV PARENT PIC OF THE TRIP

IMG_5003.jpg

CRUISIN ALONG, I THOUGHT HOLLY WOULD APPRECH

It was overcast, but we got in the water right away – how could you not, even without sunshine it’s still one of the prettiest places ever! Carly and I swam over to Pelican Plunge (a much longer swim than it looked, admittedly) and tried it out – very cool!

IMG_5032.jpg

LOVE MY FAM

IMG_5100.jpg

PLUUUNGEEEEE

As we returned, we waved to Mom and Dad who were still swimming and went to grab some drinks. A family from Ohio was camped out beside us – very chatty and with very cute kids who were finding shells and crabs and other beachy things!

IMG_5037.jpg

RELAXIN LIKE A BOSS

We ate lunch at Cookie’s Too – such a good BBQ, probably because you’re always starving by the time you get there. It was very overcast at that point, and while it was unfortunate, it wasn’t the worst case scenario – at least we were there, despite Irene’s efforts!

IMG_5069.jpg

THE FACE THAT WAS MADE WHEN MOM SAID SHE COULDN'T HAVE TWO HOT DOGS

tiaragirl

Original Poster
IMG_5051.jpg

OUR LITTLE VBALLER

Dad and Carly headed off to play some volleyball, and Mom and I had some chats. I read with my feet in the water, went for a swim and got told by some girls that I looked 16 (thaaaanks guys). Carly and I embarked on a magical walk, found some trinkets, and got complimented on our bathing suits. It was nice.

IMG_5087.jpg

GIRL: OMG LOVE YOUR BATHING SUIT BOTTOMS!
ME: THANKS, THEY'RE FROM WALMART!
Legit.

IMG_5099.jpg

TREASURE!

IMG_5092.jpg

I WANT THIS BUCKET. SO. BAD.

Mom, Carly, and I walked back around 310. Dad’s leg was hurting and he took the tram. We got some magnets and had fun – Dad left his I love NY shirt on the balcony, so we could see where our room was! Check it out!

IMG_5114.jpg

CLASSICCC CASTAWAY

IMG_5120.jpg

WHERE WE TO?!

While we were still in our bathing suits, Mom and I went up on deck and rode the Aquaduck for the last time. Man, that thing is fun – the cruise director said the record on the last cruise was over 100 times – how do you do that, though?! They must have really loved it..

We got ready for the show and supper, and headed down to shop. Got some surprises for Mom for Christmas, and my Disney Dream travel mug (that I use daily!) as well as the requisite picture frame for Disney pictures – up to 3 now!

And then, there was the show. Disney’s Believe – so much of that show was stand out. Mary Poppins, Tiana, and the Circle of Life elements. Did I cry? Naturally. Mom and I were wrecks – I’m always a wreck on the last night, though.

IMG_5136.jpg

WHEEEIIINNNNNN

Shutters was the next stop, “just to look” – Dad, of course, bought outrageously expensive pictures. They’re really good ones, though! I wish I had them to include, because the family ones really are very well done – not worth 20$ mind you.. they must make a fortune with those pictures, holy.

IMG_5153.jpg

ARRR, LOOK WHAT I FOUNDDD

tiaragirl

Original Poster
It was room pack up time, the most depressing time. We still had shopping day, so not everything had to be fit in perfectly. After throwing everything together we headed to suppertime – the last supper with Marco, T, and our NFLD family pals.

IMG_5140.jpg

TABLE NUMBA THAT MOM ADORED

IMG_5143.jpg

DAD SPORTIN HIS NEW SHIRT

Animator’s Palate is such a cool restaurant. I loved how bright and colorful the Nemo stuff was, the corkboard screens were my favourite. It was the only night that I ate so much I thought I was going to puke – the food was great.

IMG_5147.jpg

MOM WAS ALSO OBSESSED WITH THE CHAIRS

We had a Crush moment! He came and asked Brian (son of NFLD) where he was from – he said Canada. Then Crush asked if we were all from Canada, and was very excited when we were – “how do you say ‘awesome dudes’ in Canada-speak?”. Dad, ever the comedian, says “awesome, eh!” – then he made everyone in our section do it, followed by “Dudeees, now we’re totally bilingual”. Magical!

IMG_5148.jpg

FAM LOVE

We stuck around for as long as possible before rushing off to finish packing the room up and putting our bags outside. After those shenanigans were done, Mom and I somehow LOST Dad and Carly.. I got my picture taken with Belle, and when we reunited everyone was cranky as ten bears. However, Carly and I managed to get our picture with Tiana (finally!), just in time, and had a good spot for the See Ya Real Soon goodbye dance thing that made me cry again.. shocking, I know.

IMG_5152.jpg

TOWERING OVER BELLE

IMG_5161.jpg

BYE PRINCESSES =(

Coffee date time! Dad had promised me all cruise that we’d go have expensive coffee, so off we went! I got a Café Mocha and we chatted about how lame my friends can be and how life is difficult for a whole 15 minutes before we got interrupted by C and Momma J. Thanks guys.

IMG_5166.jpg

AT LEAST THE PARTY CRASHERS TOOK A PICTURE

IMG_5169.jpg

MISSING PRINCE CHARMING, SNUGGLES WOULD HAVE BEEN IDEAL

Carly and I then walked around, sat on deck and looked at our pictures until 1AM – tomorrow was debarkation day and SHOPPING.

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Carly and I then walked around, sat on deck and looked at our pictures until 1AM – tomorrow was debarkation day and SHOPPING.

IMG_5175.jpg

BEAUTY

IMG_5178.jpg

JUST LOVING WALT SO MUCH - THANKS FOR EVERYTHING BB

IMG_5183.jpg

THOUGH CLEARLY NOT LOVING HIM AS MUCH AS CARLY

IMG_5187.jpg

MORE MIRRORS

IMG_5190.jpg

CLIMBIN ON DONALD, DON'T TELL

IMG_5197.jpg

DON'T TAKE ME AWAY!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
September 1

The alarm went off at 6AM. There’s nothing worse than when the alarm goes off early and it’s because it’s the end of everything. Argh.

IMG_5202.jpg

WE'RE BACK =(

We got ready, panicked because the wave phone was missing (never located, must have been in the room somewhere?) and went to the early breakfast at Animator’s Palate, though we were scheduled for the late one. Our head server found us a sear with Marco and T, what a guy, and I had oatmeal to go with my sadness.

We were on the bus and shipped out by 815AM. Byeee, Disney Dream.

IMG_5211.jpg

THE SADDEST

Luckily, we were headed back to All Star Movies for one more night- it was shopping day. Pretty sure we stopped at every possible resort before our own – Caribbean Beach, Pop Century, Beach and Yacht Clubs, and finally Movies. Frustration.

Dad had a long wait, but our room was ready immediately – which was nice. Unfortunately we had to wait until 11 to get the bus to the National car rental place – and when we did finally get on the shuttle a family held us up for 45 minutes. Not the most thrilled. However, our Seabring was spacious and we were on the road to the outlets around 12.

IMG_5220.jpg

READY 2 SHOP

Shopping was mildly successful. Got some lululemon sweats for a “deal” at the outlet, enjoyed the Character Premiere, and eventually made our way to malls and bigger outlets. At the end of the night, we decided that the Earl of Sandwich was a solid idea for supper, and finished the day at Downtown Disney – exhausted. Carly and I did a quick run through of World of Disney and Trend D before our legs gave out – and then we had to stand on the way back to Movies.

530AM for the flight home, which was without issue. Always sad to be back to reality- especially when the reality is a ton of school work that prevents me from finishing my TR! Shoot gurl.

IMG_5234.jpg

CLEARLY BACK IN CANADA

Thanks for reading along! If you have any questions about the trip let me know!

And keep an eye out.. I just made the call today –
Mexican Riviera Cruise, February 19-26!

Disneyfalcon

Woo hoo!! Mexican Riviera!! A 7 nighter!!! You're going to love that!! :sohappy:

And we will, of course, love reading your super long trip report! :)

100 times? That's crazy!! How does someone have time for that?

I loved those Animator chairs too. I want some!

Excellent report as always, loved reading it all! :)

PolynesianPrincess

So sad it's over :( But we all have to get back to reality eventually at some point, unfortunately!

You and Carly have the cutest dresses!! I'm so jeal! I love dresses and shoes and purses :) My cute dresses would be put to good use on a cruise!

diddy_mouse

Aww...sad that it's over. *sniff*

I don't think I commented on Pirate Night but it looked like your whole family had such a great time. I love the fact that your dad had a fake earring...way to commit! :D

I really need to take a cruise one of these days, if anything to see Castaway Cay. The more pictures I see of that place the more I want to go! Speaking of pictures I loved the one of you and Carly with Chip & Dale.

The last shots of the ship are so pretty. That grand foyer is stunning.

Ooh! Mexican Riviera! I'm sure that's going to be an amazing trip!

sweetpee_1993

Just read the entire Dream segment. Still catching up. Not hard to do when I'm just laying around being the big sicky. I did unpack today...4 days after getting home. I know that's not my record. I'm thinking that's more like a week... I'm glad I didn't have your Dream portion to read until after I got home. It ended up being more like savoring our own little memories. Bittersweet as it is now, I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Anywhooo....all your Dream stuff had me so :sohappy: and then so :cry: all at the same time. I was JUST there! And it was so short! Like a whirlwind, really. I think I loved every moment...well most moments...I know I didn't love Johnretta the pedi-chick-from-hell...it's all such a blur of ZOMG! and THISistheBEST! It's hard to put it to words, really. I wanna do it all over again!

Your family is just too dang adorable! I think y'all got waaaaay more outta CC then we did which sorta bugs me in a way. I wanted more out of that place but I'm just not a beach girl and I want to be. Identity crisis! :hammer::lol:

Sounds like y'all had a blast. Yay! Can't wait to read all about the next adventure! Love love loved every little moment. Your reports are so much fun to read!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom