Are you twins?! - August, family, and magical memories.

Hey all my lovelies –

What a trip! I’m back at school, but the magic is still hanging around – in the form of magnets, travel mugs, and really amazing Disney Couture deals at Winners!

Ready to hear about it? Hereeee we go!

Friday, August 26

Talk about an early morning – the family was up at 2AM for quick showers and packing up the car. We hit the road at 230AM, with Carly and I napping along the way. After our ritual stop at Tims in Truro, we were at the airport and through security by 515AM. The flight was uneventful, and customs in Toronto was a breeze, though the plane was delayed by half an hour – boo.

IMG_3990.jpg

TOO EARLY FOR PICS

IMG_5478.jpg

DISNEY DAYS AHEAD!

IMG_3996.jpg

EEYEORE IS RETURNING TO HIS HOMELAND - NOW 11 YEARS OLD

It always seems like the LONGEST flight – even though it’s only about 2h45 - but I watched Soul Surfer (Carrie Underwood – disappointment) and we landed at 1230PM Mouse Standard Time!

We found the DME right away, and surprisingly there was a bus waiting for us. Magical! There was a slight hiccup, an engine warning light – but we did well, all things considered. Howev, as we were staying at All Star Movies, we were in the back of the bus as far as stops go – ah, the downside of cheapie rooms (but worth it not to share a bed with sista C).

IMG_4016.jpg

OMG DME!

IMG_4020.jpg

THIS ISN'T OUR FIRST RODEO

tiaragirl

Original Poster
When we got to All Star Movies, there was hardly any line for check-in. The CM that checked Dadder and I in was NOT having the most magical of days, unfortunately. Our rooms weren’t ready, but we grabbed a quick bite (Momma and I shared pizza) and by the time we’d looked around a bit, our rooms were ready.

IMG_4047.jpg

MOVIE STAR MOMMA

IMG_4050.jpg

FAMILY PROGRAMMING

We trekked to the Mighty Ducks section, and Carly and I laid down for a bit while we waiting for our luggage. When our bags arrived (330PM-ish) I hooped up and took a quick shower – didn’t want to look well-traveled for Cinderella, c’mon now.

IMG_4052.jpg

WE'VE ARRIVED!

IMG_4058.jpg

DOIN OUR BEST TO LOOK LIKE WE HAVEN'T BEEN UP SINCE 2AM

Our bus ride to Magic Kingdom was fairly uneventful. There were a few families around us that were talking about altered travel plans – for home, and arrivals – because of Hurricane Irene. Definitely not the first time we heard that this trip, it seems that everyone was talking about it in lines and on busses. We were lucky, there were only high winds by the time we got it in NS – not much flooding – but understandably some places were not so lucky.

tiaragirl

Original Poster
IMG_4070.jpg

WORKIN IT

Carly and I hit MK at 445PM, ready to make some memories. To say we were pumped would be an understatement – wed been looking forward to this trip since Christmas! To commemorate our excitement, we wanted Castle pictures! Naturally – we were looking fairly classy and not sweaty yet. Some hipster kid came up to me and asked if I’d take a picture for him – I did, and then he took one for me..

IMG_4074.jpg

LOVE WHEN THE CASTLE LOOKS LIKE THE LEANING TOWER OF PISA

Angles, really? So frustrating. And yes, you can straighten it on iPhoto, but c’mon bud – who wants off center Castle pictures, unless you actually are as artsy as you think you are. Too bitter? My bad. We got someone to take some STRAIGHT pictures, but they didn’t exactly turn out as nice – the sun was in a strange spot for squints, but we did our best.

IMG_4077.jpg

AHH, THAT'S BETTER

Then, we got tired of being photogenic and sauntered over to Space Mountain. The wait time was about 25 minutes, so we went for it – even though we’d be cutting it close for CRT. It was such a solid ride, too – nothing like Space Mountain to get the Disney Magic flowing.

IMG_4092.jpg

SWEET TRIP, HOUSTON

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Unless, of course, your Disney Magic needs some exercise. We got out a little later than anticipated from Space and we had to haul butt to make it to our reservations on time – ironic that we’d be “late” for Cinderella, but at least no one lost a shoe.. and we did get there before the clock struck midnight – or 545PM.

IMG_4095.jpg

SORRY ANDREW, FOUND MY NEW KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR

IMG_4096.jpg

READY FOR THE BALL?

Cinderella’s Royal Table is something that we’d never done, in all our trips to Disney, so me and the sis were pretty excited about the experience.

IMG_4097.jpg

SEE? SO EXCITED!

It’s so pretty in there! Honestly, it’s probably the most impressive part – I didn’t find the food anything special (maybe the desserts, but that’s why I have a sugar problem) and our waiter seemed as though he was rushing us just a touch, even though we were clearly staying until we saw all our princesses. All that said, we had a great time – it was nice to spend quality time together and share a memorrrryyyy!

IMG_4115.jpg

POOR AURORA WAS GETTING MANHANDLED - WHAT'S WORSE, A DRAGON OR TWO CHILDREN?

I got a little emotional over the Wishing Ceremony. It happens. I’m going to be a wreck when I bring my kids to Disney, honestly.. I can’t even hold it together at 21.

IMG_5529.jpg

I'M EMBARRASSING

tiaragirl

Original Poster
IMG_4100.jpg

PRETTY SISSY

IMG_4116.jpg

WE SAW: SNOW WHITE, BELLE, AURORA, AND ARIEL
All the pictures turned out pathetic, the princesses didn't know what to do with us

The verdict on CRT? Great to do once. We had a fun time, the place was gorgeous, and it was nice to see Ariel. It’s probably not worth what you pay for it, but when you consider you’re paying for location – I’ll take it.

IMG_4126.jpg

GREAT BATHROOMS
Had to take a mirror pic for you, Holly!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
So, it’s 715PM and we have all night – what do you do? Go ride the carousel of course! It’s one of my Disney favourites – you can’t go to MK without it! There was a cute little girl that told Carly she liked her hair – awes. Carly does have great hair.

IMG_4148.jpg

WE GOT A LOT OF LOOKS LIKE THIS ONE ON THIS FAM VACA

IMG_4144.jpg

FAV

After we went for a ride on our mighty steeds, I started having a mild panic attack – I’d forgotten my notebook and pens, and WHAT IF I FORGOT SOMETHING? Incomplete TR, unacceptable! So, I made Carly take a cruise around Main Street with me – and I got some princess pens. We also got a locker for our Cinder-pix and wishing wands, so we didn’t have to carry them around for the night. We got whistled at along the way. Someone rein in the dogs, seriously.

IMG_4164.jpg

THANKS TO THE GREAT CM THAT OFFERED TO TAKE THIS, IT'S ONE OF MY FAVS!

My friend Lauren, who you met in my last TR, had chosen what she wanted as her birthday present.. so we headed to Adventureland to get rings carved. Anyone who has read Anne of Green Gables will understand why she wanted “Carrots” on her ring – it turned our really cute. Carly also got one, “Sparky” – for her nickname that Dad gave her. We stopped at the bathrooms by the Bazaar – they are some really gorgeous bathrooms! Underrated, for sure.

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Around 830PM we parked in front of the Castle to wait for Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes. The Castle was directly in front of us, which was nice – especially for only waiting a half hour. Carly ran back to get the rings and I held down the fort.

Now, MSEP was okay, but Spectromagic is my favourite. There’s just something about the music in Spectro that brings me great joy – the music in MSEP didn’t do the same thing for me. I will say, however, that the light parades are incredible. Props to Disney on their creativity and ingenuity, fosho.

IMG_5564.jpg

Carly made a new friend, a cuuuuute little 6 year old, between MSEP and the Magic, the Memories, and You. She was actually adorable, teaching us words in Spanish and show us her autographs – trying to convince us to sign it because we were “princesses too”. Awes.

I enjoyed the Castle show. The technology they used was incredible, the Castle really came to life. I'm not sure if we were up too close to see the pictures clearly, or if they just aren't super clear anyway (understandable) but the experience was definitely something to see. Try to get right up in front, it really is neat - and this coming from someone who hated the idea when it first was announced.

IMG_5601.jpg

Wishes, as always, was incredible. When they start playing the music from Hercules I automatically tear up. I love that movie, and “Go the Distance” just gets me every time. There’s something about the fireworks and the Castle that makes you want to have everyone you know there with you – it really is magical.

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4280.jpg

I’m being sappy. It’s late. Forgives?

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Immediately after Wishes, it was time for our favourite classic - teacup time!

IMG_4291.jpg

IMG_4295.jpg

HAVING TOO MUCH FUN

We hit Splash Mountain with a wait of about 15 minutes. It looks so much better since the refurb, the colours are so much better – you can really notice. You gotta appreciate when the mouse does good work. Not good work? The lap bars. When informed, my mother was thrilled, but Carly and I – not so much. Takes a little bit of the danger out of the ride. But Splash is always a good experience.

Big Thunder Mountain was next. Carly wasn’t hip on waiting, but I love BTM in the dark. The roller coaster-creak is especially great in selective lighting. There were some kids and parents having spin days in line – I will never understand why parents insist on keeping their young children for EMH when they clearly just want to go to bed and have a magical sleep.

IMG_4307.jpg

SO MUCH FUNNNNNN

Anyway, a walk-on Pirates was next (is there ever a line for this classic?) – the Blackbeard addition was unexpected, and kind of cool. On the way back, we walked in exactly in time for Mickey’s Philhar Magic – always Momma’s favourite, and there was no way we could leave MK without doing it. I can never choose a favourite scene – but I love “A Whole New World”. Great stuff.

A little cruise down Main Street USA led us to the Bakery – massive cinnamon bun at 12:15AM in front of the Castle? Yes please. If I could eat those for the rest of my life I’d be a happy, albeit massive, girl. A quick shop, picked up stuff at our locker, and an incredibly long bus drive later we were in bed – 121AM.

IMG_4325.jpg

JUST AN AMAZING MIDNIGHT SNACK

Solid, solid day at Magic Kingdom, finished off with the Kiss Goodnight!

IMG_4326.jpg

Up next: Family day at Hollywood Studios!

Raven66

You two looked like you were having so much fun.

I call my daughter "sparky" I don't know why, I just always have. I've never heard about the rings. Tell me more about them, I'm curious. They sound like something I might buy her.

Can't wait to read the rest!!

DAKOTADISNEY

So excited to be reading your trip report. You are so funny and do a great job writing! Can't believe you were up almost 24 hours and had the energy to do what you did.

Love the "manhandled" picture. Fortunately the kid only looked about 3 otherwise Aurora would have had to report him to the authorities!

Can't wait to read more!

sweetpee_1993

Yaaaayyyyy!!!! You got started on your TR!!!! I went back & checked your cruise dates to see if you were the cruise that missed CC. In the middle of all that hullabaloo I remembered you were supposed to be sailing/livin' the Dream!

IMG_4020.jpg

THIS ISN'T OUR FIRST RODEO

Y'all are adorable!

IMG_4050.jpg

FAMILY PROGRAMMING

IMG_4058.jpg

DOIN OUR BEST TO LOOK LIKE WE HAVEN'T BEEN UP SINCE 2AM

Love the family programming! And lookit y'all! Hubba-hubba!

IMG_4115.jpg

POOR AURORA WAS GETTING MANHANDLED - WHAT'S WORSE, A DRAGON OR TWO CHILDREN?

O.M.G. I think I just snorted some coffee! That's frickin' funny! I looked again and thought, "Please tell me that's TWO children!!!"

IMG_4148.jpg

WE GOT A LOT OF LOOKS LIKE THIS ONE ON THIS FAM VACA

IMG_4164.jpg

THANKS TO THE GREAT CM THAT OFFERED TO TAKE THIS, IT'S ONE OF MY FAVS!

My friend Lauren, who you met in my last TR, had chosen what she wanted as her birthday present.. so we headed to Adventureland to get rings carved. Anyone who has read Anne of Green Gables will understand why she wanted “Carrots” on her ring – it turned our really cute. Carly also got one, “Sparky” – for her nickname that Dad gave her. We stopped at the bathrooms by the Bazaar – they are some really gorgeous bathrooms! Underrated, for sure.

More coffee snortin'! Carly is total eye-candy for that kid in the carousel shot! I bet that kid had a whoooole new appreciation for Walt Disney World. LOL! Funny and almost cute now...future creepster for sure! ROFLMAO!

And look at y'all! You DO look twin-ish! You look more alike than you do different. The pic with Carly, you, and Ariel from your dinner you look veeeery twin-ish. Still, if I see 2 people who appear to be twins I would never approach them or ask "Are you twins?" What a silly question. Correct in the assumption or not, it's kinda a dumb question to ask. IMO.

Carrots?!?! Yessssss!!! I know this! Looooooove! Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea are a couple of my favoritest movies! Love Meagan Followes! I "found" the movies when I was a teenager and still feeling very much like Anne (that's Anne with an 'e' like Katherine with a 'K' because Catherine with a 'C' is so much more smug) with the unfortunate red hair and freckles. Little did we know that even the mean boys really did like our odd red hair.

Okay, and the bit about the little girl who wanted you to autograph her book...that is so precious! Did you do it? Did you take a pic with her?! If I had a daughter so sweet who made friends with 2 real life princesses I would insist you signed her book and took your pic. Just so sweet! **siiiigh** I think I want your autographs and a pic with you now, too!

Lovin' the ride! Such a killer TR! We need more!

BigRedDad

It looks like the two of you had a blast. Can't wait to read more.

We got whistled at along the way. Someone rein in the dogs, seriously.
As a father of DD5, I can understand why I do not want her to grow up. We have a neighbor that has identical triplet girls turning 14. I think he has a Portable Defibrillator. What young ladies have to go through even at Disney is ridiculous.

HollyBelle

OMG. I can't contain my excitement for this trip report. First, love for Eeyore, I think I "awwwwed" out loud when I saw that shot of him returning to his homeland! And the Aurora picture... classic. I mean, there's groping, and then there's GROPING! :lol: I think your fave may be my fave - that shot of you on the carousel is beautiful! And much appreciation for the mirror shot, here's to hoping there's more where that came from!

plaz10

Woo Hoo I'm so excited for the rest of this TR. You always do Disney with class and I loves it. Can't lie. But now I'm terribly craving a giant cinammon roll from main st bakery. (sigh) I'll go eat my granola bar now...

ArtieJim

Angles, really? So frustrating. And yes, you can straighten it on iPhoto, but c’mon bud – who wants off center Castle pictures, unless you actually are as artsy as you think you are.[/SIZE]

I hear that one. I hate the angled photo. I don't understand the point, pictures of things on even levels have been taken without angles for about a century and a half, what's with the hipsters, scenesters and emo kids of the past ten years thinking they can reinvent the way photographs are taken?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom